Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

Someone posted that the video clip was before trumps rally so not during the riots. Still gross and shows what outcome they were going for. Just to correct the info.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

CNN reporting that one Capitol Police Officer died this afternoon from injuries suffered in yesterday's riot. 
When you hear Rudy & Don Jr.'s speeches, warming up the crowd for Trump, it's a scary omg moment. Then Trump egging them on even more. He even said "I'll be with you when you march towards the Capitol Building. Though as CNN pointed out, after his speech Trump hopped in his hermetically sealed suv and went in the opposite direction back to the White House. 

Apparently Trump is now free to roam Twitter & has posted a video condemning the riot, saying people will be arrested & prosecuted. Some even saying it almost sounds like a concession speech. Maybe Trump saw the WSJ op-ed where they called upon him to resign & suggesting he could then take a pardon from Pence & be done with it?  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

From the Washington Post:

"The Pentagon placed tight limits on the D.C. National Guard ahead of pro-Trump protests this week, trying to ensure the use of military force remained constrained, as the Guard carried out a narrow, unarmed mission requested by the city’s mayor to help handle traffic ahead of planned protests.

In memos issued Monday and Tuesday in response to a request from the D.C. mayor, the Pentagon prohibited the District’s guardsmen from receiving ammunition or riot gear, interacting with protesters unless necessary for self-defense, sharing equipment with local law enforcement, or using Guard surveillance and air assets without the defense secretary’s explicit sign-off, according to officials familiar with the orders. The limits were established because the Guard hadn’t been asked to assist with crowd or riot control.

The D.C. Guard was also told it would be allowed to deploy a quick-reaction force only as a measure of last resort, the officials said."....

So, basically Trump's Administration turned the National Guard into 'traffic controllers'. "The limits were established...." sentence - as if there was an assumption by those involved that the people attending this rally would never doing anything "wrong".

The article goes on to say that there was concern about the "optics" of having the National Guard, armed & on patrol, inside & outside the Capitol. Really?! There wasn't an issue with using tear-gas on protestors & having same National Guard clear the way for Trump's bible photo-op last summer. 

Sadly, after a correction that the Capitol Officer had not died, but was on life support, even our local news is now reporting the officer did die later last night. 

The loss of life is on Trump - plain and simple.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Pictures and reports on the domestic terrorism in DC Wednesday - weapons, zip-tie handcuffs, a gallows and noose erected outside the capitol.  

Don't let anyone get away with calling them "protesters" .

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Op-Ed from the Tampa Bay Times: 

"Sen. Rick Scott embarrassed Florida (again) by attaching his vote and the state’s good name to one of the darkest episodes in American history. In a disgusting though unsurprising move, Scott was one of only seven senators Thursday to vote against certifying Pennsylvania’s election results. It was a craven, self-serving exercise by Republican extremists. Coming only hours after an armed, pro-Trump mob stormed and ransacked the Capitol, it showed how far out of whack Scott is with mainstream America and its democratic ideals.....But Scott split his vote, upholding Arizona while objecting to Pennsylvania. Scott announced in advance that he would “likely vote” to object on Pennsylvania, saying the steps Pennsylvania took to ease mail-in voting during the pandemic were “absurd and cannot be tolerated.”"

So last night, while enjoying a wonderful bowl of triple-chocolate ice cream, something hit me. And to an extent this op-ed & Scott's words spell it out - "the steps Pennsylvania took to ease mail-in voting during the pandemic were “absurd and cannot be tolerated."" 

Here's the thing that I see - Every Voter in Pennsylvania Could Have Taken Advantage of the Absurd Steps that Cannot be Tolerated.

So either Scott is saying that during a pandemic Pennsylvania (or any State) should have gone the route of Texas & refused to keep its residents safer by expanding mail-in voting - OR - Scott is saying tacitly that Pennsylvania eased the threat of the pandemic on non-republican residents.
But you know what - in the end all Voters - NPA's, Rep's, Dem's - were able to take advantage of the "absurd steps". So while some things may have been done last minute, enacted under an emergency, whatever, every voter was included. Trump lost, end of story.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Curiosity is getting the better of me - Trump's first tweet since the toned-down video"
"The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!"

Oh my, is this in reaction to Rupert Murdoch reportedly calling for Trump to resign? 
Or is this Trump's way of telling his riotous fans not to worry?

ETA - Tweet Number 2 - 
"To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th." Let's just spell out "Sore Loser".

0 Likes

Jump to solution
@realDonaldTrump

Account suspended
Twitter suspends accounts which violate the Twitter Rules

Boom!

Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump
By Twitter Inc.
Friday, 8 January 2021 

After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence. 

In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open. 

However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement. 

The below is a comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in this case.

There is more in the link.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Twitter stepped up. I mean, when you see loyalists saying that his mentioning "Giant Voice" (in all caps) is code used by military bases for an emergency, all hands on deck, type situation, well, I'm not familiar with military "code words" or the inner thoughts of some groups, but if it's true, I can't say I blame Twitter.

And to think that the Administration is at a loss as to what to do - apparently Trump taped another video that was to be released on twitter. They/Trump don't know what to do now? But if its content is honest, above board & really meant to calm people down, why can't it be posted to the Presidential or White House Account(s)? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Many of those involved in the riots, or whatever it is being called, are long past reason. Even a lame attempt by trump to calm them is seen as code by some, they really believe a revolution is coming and they are going to save the US. Some think there is a cabal of pedos that trump is taking down. That they are saving the children. They still believe he is going to lead the US for at least 4 more years. It is next level crackerjack. If he had called out the Q-nuts long ago it might have helped, it now has taken on a life of its own. All easy to find online so very likely there were insiders on the 6th. How else could it have happened. 

Edited to add, they are in Canada too, so not exclusive to the US. I wont bother with more details but some people are going to crash hard when reality hits. If anyone wants to make $$, and has the stomach for it, flags with "trump won" will likely have a market for a while. Delusional cult.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I don't know what to think about all the Republicans now coming out & advising Pres. Elect Biden to "tell Pelosi" to back off impeachment. That another impeachment won't unite the Country. Now if ANY of these people had spoken out about Trump from the start - whether it was his rude and crude tweets about Democrats or his goading NK - maybe, just maybe I'd feel they had a right to make this point. Instead they sat back and watched. They neither did nor said anything about Trump's bs about election fraud, "the steal". In the end, by doing nothing they were imo agreeing with Trump. Then to suddenly say that Mr. Biden should take control of a situation they allowed to fester & grow. Another "wow" moment. And one does wonder about insiders at the Capitol. The pics of a Michigan Sheriff along side (& speaking at a rally?) one of the men charged in the plot to kidnap the Governor & others, well, it does make one pau

Other than what I've seen in news reports, I haven't taken the next step of going to some of the "stranger" sites or twitter accounts. Thinking the content might be more than outrageous than I care to see.
Though when you realize that one of the reasons Twitter closed Trump's account is because his tweet about not going to the inauguration was seen as a message to ???? (I'm sure Twitter followed the retweets, responses & other web chatter) it becomes more disturbing.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I seen a few who said why impeachment was important even though he is leaving. It is to set a precedent for other presidents, or a bar of their behaviour. If they do nothing future presidents could do just about anything and not be impeached. Not much is worse than inciting riots etc to not accept election results. I think part of it also prevents him from running for any office in the future. That would be important in stopping him from continuing to push his maga crap and giving hope that he will be back, for his base to hang in there. Some are pissed at him because they feel he is selling out, others still think he is still talking in code and is going no where.  

I did the opposite of you, watched less news and read more of what they were planning. QAnon has not posted since early Dec but there was a link on that site that was for planning the riots, how to hook up for rides, what to wear or bring etc. One of many openly planning what happened, why it was nuts it was able to occur. If I found it with barely looking, how did intelligence etc not know. Either they knew and didn’t care or they thought mostly white folks wouldn’t go that far. A lot of recent examples of responses to compare it to. I think there are five deaths now, they have blood on their hands.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

On MSNBC a commentator with FBI background stated that the FBI cannot investigate people for simply saying wild and nutty stuff. In the USA there is no "domestic terrorism" law on the books. I think with some deep consideration for people's rights to free speech, something can still be enacted that at least gives the FBI the ability to delve a little deeper into some of the stuff out there.

With everything happening I didn't realize that Trump's "Team" Twitter account was also banned. Now where is he going to beg for funds to "stop the steal", though the $$ are probably actually lining his personal pockets?

As for impeachment, I guess even if the Senate couldn't get the numbers to do so, there is something about a simple floor vote on an "addition" that would prevent Trump from ever holding Federal Office again. Apparently that would only need a simple majority to pass but you maybe get the sense there would be a few GOP Senators who would vote "yes" so they wouldn't need VP Harris to break a tie.

And yes, I too feel that quite possibly the threat potential was seen as little to none because the majority where white folks. If people of color where advancing on the Capitol Building waving flags, carry crow bars & lengths of pipe, why do I get the feeling there would have been a much different response? Or that you wouldn't have seen the police & every available national guard member fully dressed in riot gear & armed to the teeth starting at dawn that morning?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Wow seems someone should get on that. When US citizens are talking openly about executing the Vice President and others in power it is more than just chatter online. They had a noose in front of the Capitol. Maybe they can pretend they are Muslim so there is action taken. Some are very angry at trump, their expectations weren’t met with arrests etc, so he might wish he acted on it when he had a chance. They don’t seem very stable.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You can't say that this rabble are a smart group. Taking photos of themselves, then posting on social media, and wondering why the FBI is knocking at their door.

The GOP senator that Colludy Rudy tried to call, is also complicit. Rudy is one clueless agitator. He called the wrong number for the Senator. 

He has been a gong show for the past few months.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Soon Pres. Biden's plans to battle to get the coronavirus under control appear quite different. He is saying All available vaccination does will be released - that the Fed. Government will hold nothing back. 
I guess as long as the manufacturing of the vaccines is running smoothly, that actually sounds like a plan. To an extent since every State is going their own way (on so many aspects of the programs) one would think that each State could and should make plans to deliver the second dose to those who have received the first. With doses arriving piecemeal it would seem that some States/Cities/Counties may already be having to set-aside 2nd doses since they may have absolutely no idea when they will be receiving more - whether those would be used for first rounds or second rounds. 
I do not envy the incoming administration when it comes to COVID. 

Then of course, you end up kicking yourself in the butt for simply taking for granted that your Governor, while definitely not the sharpest pencil in the box when it comes to handling the pandemic, would have followed some of the most basic of CDC guidelines. Well, it goes to show you should Never take even the basics for granted.
Per CNN article, apparently here in Florida, yes, the vaccine offered & administered to the Medical Community (Plan A - Step 1) - doctors, nurses, emts, etc. 
But Florida Did Not make people in Nursing Homes or ALF's the one and only part of the "second step of Plan A".
Instead, these residents were included in the "Step 2 age 65 and over" group. 
As someone who had 2 moms in ALF's even though it's "assisted living" we still had to sign them out for example, when going for a lunch out. The facility was responsible for them & wouldn't just let them go roaming Anywhere - accompanied or alone - because they "wanted to go".
There were people there with no local family - some weren't even 65 but had just experienced some pretty bad physical 'issues'. Same for people in skilled facilities I'm sure.
I've decided that these "trapped people" (I can't think of a good word here) really aren't all that important to Gov. DeSantis - probably because the odds are they are not regular voters. Yes, they may be registered to vote, but due to circumstances, probably don't exercise that right for various reasons. 

In the meantime, Florida's final Covid report -  Dec. 30th 2020 - had 1,323,315 Cases,  21,990 Deaths.
Yesterday the total numbers were - 1,464,697 Cases,  23,150 Deaths
But yeah, come visit Florida. Go to the beach, go to a theme park. If you're age 65 or over you might even be able to get vaccinated if you can get thru crashing websites, phone systems failing or are brave enough to camp out in your car at one of the first-come-first-served vaccination centers being set up - no Florida residency requirements.

I am hoping the reporting is incorrect on the nursing home situation. Will advise if I find different information.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I know it isnt comparable but our covid cases went from zero for months to one or two and in the past week went up to 56. Holiday parties. I would go no where but I have a dentist appt on Tuesday. Our Con premier doesnt even have a plan for vaccinations in northern Ontario.

Not sure why but my keyboard will no longer type an apostrophe. Not a good start to 2021.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I really hope someone makes trump sit down and watch the cop being beaten, with a flag pole, and the other one being crushed by the doors, on repeat until he feels remorse, or feels anything. So much for him backing the blue.

A meme I seen about the social media ban,

To anyone complaining about a private media company kicking trump off of their platform: Think of twitter as a Christian bakery and think of trump as a gay wedding cake.

A lot of whining going on from them, seems their feelings are hurt.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I love the comparison! It's sort of like selling sites. While some listings are restricted due to various International Laws/Regulations, some are site specific. The site has the right to make the final call. Twitter could simply say "we'll delete what we want to". Twitter is Not the Government. No one has a right to free speech on their site. I am also reminded that Trump, once he became POTUS, thought he could block users from his posts. As if he thought he could separate his personal account from the government accounts. Wasn't that controlling free speech?

1 Like

Jump to solution

The number of Con MP's who have blocked citizens they represent on Twitter is growing every day. They hate the criticism, especially Oklahoma Rempel & Denise Batters.

Then we have Singh as NDP leader. I have no idea who voted this lukewarm idiot into office. He is a major disappointment.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

To add that Trump's "brand" may fall rapidly. The Pro Golf Association has cancelled their plans to hold the Championship Event at Trump's NJ Club/Golf Course. 
And then, "falling from grace" - other Countries' dignitaries, etc. may be reluctant to stay at any of his properties & will be avoiding his hotels like the plague. Even some GOP members may quickly enjoy being out from under Trump's thumbs and avoid "anything & everything Trump".
Any of those banks that have loaned Trump money (some with loans coming due soon) well, they don't need to worry about asking for the $$$. After all, if they don't get something quickly, he might not have anything left. Though maybe that we Should worry about? Trump probably knows too many USA secrets worth $$$.

Have seen reports Trump giving the Medal of Freedom to Jim Jordan & Bill Belichick. Distraction time?
Trump going to Texas tomorrow to get some glory for his wall? Even Faux News' "crawl" yesterday stated that "Mexico hasn't paid for it yet". I almost laughed when I read that.

Nine days and counting. Everyone stay safe and healthy.

1 Like

Jump to solution

"probably knows too many USA secrets worth $$$."

A good thing he showed little interesting in briefings or even learning much of anything. I would worry more about his kids, especially junior, ivanka and jared.

One week.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Impeachment #2 scheduled for today. 
Rep. Ken Buck on CNN right now - saying that while he realizes Trump hasn't acted that Presidential - this one speech did not make "calm people" go from being protesters to a riotous mob. Then he gave the whole "unify the Country" speech.
Every single State is now on high-alert for protests (possibly more of the same as in DC last week?) Yet Trumps followers were calm before this? Okay, well then what set them off? 

Will be curious to see who Trump issues pardons for. 

Tip of the hat to Bill Belichick for declining the medal. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Welcome back to the "Teams" - I needed to subscribe in the upper right, to have it show in my Teams

Wow, what a day it's going to be.  Talk about a fluid situation with the impeachment!  I hope everyone stays safe.

Yesterday, deadliest day yet for Covid - over 4,300 deaths in one day.  So sad.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am watching the Impeachment Hearings and saw Rep. Jamie Herrera Buetler (my representative) state to vote to Impeach the president.  She is one of the few Republicans to vote to Impeach so far.  She talked about fear and truth and how truth will shine light on fear.  She realizes she may not be re-elected truth needs to be told.  Also another Republican Representatives from Washington also voted to Impeach. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

My local news is going to start the 6pm broadcast on Trump's Impeachment. How Florida representatives voted is going to be part of the story. I'm not holding my breath that any GOP members would vote yes - after all Florida is the home of Matt Gaetz!

The COVID Crisis is only getting worse. Over 4300 people is so saddening. What does it take to get people on board about the simple things like wearing a mask, social distancing? There are three House Democrats who have tested positive - they are blaming the close quarters while on lockdown in the Capitol riots last week. CNN showing videos someone filmed of them declining masks. How did a simple act that says "I care out your well-being" become an apparent political statement? 

Yes, the team "reboot" was interesting. Everything disappeared then slowly started coming back yesterday evening - this morning it all was normal again. I still haven't figured out what the new features are.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.