Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

Happy Dance!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump's Statement:

"We all know why Joe Biden is rushing to falsely pose as the winner, and why his media allies are trying so hard to help him: they don’t want the truth to be exposed. The simple fact is this election is far from over. Joe Biden has not been certified as the winner of any states, let alone any of the highly contested states headed for mandatory recounts, or states where our campaign has valid and legitimate legal challenges that could determine the ultimate victor. In Pennsylvania, for example, our legal observers were not permitted meaningful access to watch the counting process.  Legal votes decide who is president, not the news media.

“Beginning Monday, our campaign will start prosecuting our case in court to ensure election laws are fully upheld and the rightful winner is seated. The American People are entitled to an honest election: that means counting all legal ballots, and not counting any illegal ballots. This is the only way to ensure the public has full confidence in our election. It remains shocking that the Biden campaign refuses to agree with this basic principle and wants ballots counted even if they are fraudulent, manufactured, or cast by ineligible or deceased voters. Only a party engaged in wrongdoing would unlawfully keep observers out of the count room – and then fight in court to block their access.  

“So what is Biden hiding? I will not rest until the American People have the honest vote count they deserve and that Democracy demands."

Okay, we knew this was coming, however, do want to correct the "our campaign will start prosecuting our case in court". I believe the Trump/the Campaign must first present Hard Evidence of fraud prior to any case being being "prosecuted". Just as in Florida, apparently %%'s will trigger a recount in Georgia, so no need to worry there. Or is Trump thinking of demanding a recount in every single State HE thinks he should have won?

0 Likes

Jump to solution
4 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes!! We did it!!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Las time I posted anything political on Etsy was after Trump won. And we had the trump choo-choo train participate. I am  back only to say that I feel like I can breathe again after 4 years. He truly was the most awful president, his government was based on propaganda, lies and conspiracies. And one day the reckoning will come for all those who voted for him. If for the simple fact that one does not need to hate and declare half the country the "enemy of the state" just because those people are of a different political persuasion. That attitude is embarrassingly typical of a very small man.

8 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I'm doing my best to remember all that taunting and doing my best not be that way. That said, scrolling twitter today is cathartic, but I'm being careful what I share. Trump set everyone against one another, hate begets hate.

Hoping for much better now.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I will never forget it. That was like a peep at the Republican voter willing to accept absolutely anything from a man, no morality, no ethics, no truth, no questions asked. I firmly believe the only way we can move forward is IF we are NOT that way. But I will take today to remember. Character does matter.

3 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Absolutely.  I'm with you.  

I need to go digging on twitter for something. I'm too inarticulate, loss of words.

0 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

ahh, here it is:

"Angel Eduardo

@StrangelEdweird
· 7h
This is a good thing, but those of us who consider ourselves victorious in this moment have a choice to make. Who will we be in the coming months and years? Will we be better than our villains, or will we become them? Will we be Killmonger, or T’Challa? I know who I am. Do you?"
0 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

That said, could not resist this one. 

Paul Musgrave

@profmusgrave

Liberals want to evict an elderly, financially troubled Covid survivor and his family from inner-city public housing (with a photo of the Whitehouse)
3 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

today we celebrate

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I saw an image on Twitter, and tracked it down to a small website called WTFAmerica2017 (dot com) - Kamala Harris with the shadow of Ruby Bridges (from Norman Rockwell's iconic painting).

Made me realize we have so much more to look forward to, so much more to be proud of, and so much more to hope for than just getting rid of Trump - 

https://teespring.com/stores/wtfamerica

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Congrats USA! 

Your northern neighbours and the world are celebrating with you!

6 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

We are indeed. 

2 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Whew! My shoulders just lowered a little bit. Joe has a tough road ahead of him with the Senate, yet something tells me he's no pushover. I live with a Trump voter--- who was on the phone with his Trump loving family after the decision and if you guys could hear the nonsense that the right wingers are saying--- I swear they seem to want a civil war or race war or whatever craziness. So sad. I still love him, though.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Just popping in to add my congratulations to Mr. Biden and Ms. Harris. I am a very happy bunny! The fact that Trump is not conceding is disappointing but not unexpected. Will the nice young men in the white coats have to drag him out of the White House?

5 Likes

Jump to solution

As if he hasn't proven it a thousand different ways in 4 years what a truly pathetic human being he is.  I did hope at least someone in the current administration or GOP realizes a civil transfer of power would be for their own benefit as well. Oh well, it's not like Biden has never been to the White House before. And he certainly does not need Trump to tell him that he has won. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

It is also not safe, like a huge covid petri dish, so a plus not going there. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Finicky's post above got me to thinking about this story which hasn't received top-billing:

"At least five people within President Donald Trump's orbit have tested positive for coronavirus, including his chief of staff and a top campaign aide, becoming the latest administration officials to be infected with the virus after a string of outbreaks in the West Wing.

White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, top campaign aide Nick Trainer, who has been crunching the numbers when it comes to election data, and at least three other people in the White House, including a deputy for Meadows, have tested positive, multiple sources told CNN.
Trump campaign staffers told CNN they are furious because the leadership in the campaign never sent out an email informing staff of the positive cases or cautioning them to stay home for the time being. Meadows was in the office multiple times this week without a mask.
Several staffers have said they are upset with how it's been handled, given most people in the office do not wear a mask or social distance.

He (Meadows) traveled with Trump aboard Air Force One during his final campaign swing on Sunday and Monday, accompanied the President on a visit to his campaign headquarters on Tuesday and attended a White House election night party where he came into close contact with members of the President's family. He was not seen wearing a mask during any of those engagements. Later this week he has been intensely involved in plotting the President's post-election legal strategy, and has encouraged the President in his false claims that voter fraud could deprive him the presidency.....

Meadows has encouraged officials to keep coronavirus cases quiet, hoping to avoid the appearance of widespread contagion inside the executive branch. But his efforts have mostly fallen short. Last month, senior aides to Vice President Mike Pence revealed they, too, had become infected with coronavirus.

White House officials are now alarmed, given Meadows has been around other staffers while potentially contagious, one aide tells CNN.
One White House official who was around Meadows several times this week said they were not notified that he had tested positive, though staffers are being told that "contact tracing was done.""

If I were President Elect Biden or Vice President Elect Harris I would not be to anxious meet with Trump personally or any of the people around him. Though maybe they would have access to N95 masks & could meet in an out-of-the environment? 
One commentator opined yesterday that maybe Trump would leave for Florida during the Holidays & not even bother to return to the White House for the remainder of his term. Maybe that is something to think about - then the building could be evacuated and intensely disinfected. 

Also, the reactions from many World Leaders is heartening:
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Florida's Coronavirus Numbers Today - Cases: 843,897     Deaths: 17,121    Increase of 31K cases, almost 300 additional deaths. Our semi-rural County (for those who enjoy visiting "the real Florida" per the local tourism ads) went up by over 250 cases since Monday. So even though many are concerned, and rightfully so, about the increase in cases in the northern part of the US due to people going inside due to temps, Florida is determined to not be over shadowed. So if you are a "Florida Snowbird" or considering a vacation here for the Holidays, maybe you should rethink your plans. 

You know Trump will do absolutely nothing between now & January to help get this virus under control. One guest on CNN/MSNBC stated that if something isn't done "stat" it could literally become a horror show that will be impossible to control, that a vaccine would be almost worthless due to the virus being so wide spread. 

I am now on probable "Hurricane Eta" watch, predictions are all over the place on where it could end up, but would rather be prepared. At least I have a good excuse to not mow the grass - taller grass better at erosion control for tropical downpours when you live on a bit of a slope. 
Everyone stay safe and healthy.

1 Like
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Interesting. Florida has less people than California (where I am) yet has almost as many deaths ......hmmmm.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

What??!!?? While I realize Trump doesn't care if he riles up some people, the GOP needs to step in here. And I certainly hope this bs is not at taxpayer expense. 

"According a report by Axios and confirmed by Fox News, Trump's campaign plans to take less traditional path to challenging the results of the election, including holding “a series of Trump rallies” focused on the campaigns ongoing legal efforts in numerous states across the country.

Along with the rallies, Trump is also planning to use obituaries of people who allegedly voted but are actually dead as evidence of the voter fraud he's been claiming. The campaign is also sending recount teams Georgia, Arizona, and Pennsylvania, with Rep. Doug Collins, R-Ga., heading up the effort in the Peach State."

0 Likes

Jump to solution

From CNN: "Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson tested positive for coronavirus Monday morning, his deputy chief of staff Coalter Baker confirmed to CNN.

Carson attended the election night party where White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and nearly every other attendee was not wearing a mask. Meadows and four others in Trump's orbit subsequently tested positive last week. Carson was also spotted maskless at a Trump campaign rally in Waterford Township, Michigan on October 30."

So has Trump's "soiree" on Election night turned into another super-spreader event? Seriously, can't anyone in his Admin. take this virus seriously? Can't anyone realize that right now, there is no vaccine & that with a bit of sacrifice and personal responsibility we can help curtail the spread AND possibly save someone's life?

The news on a vaccine is sounding hopeful. Am sure everyone is hoping for a positive report, that manufacture of the vaccine could be accomplished on the faster side and that a decent number of people will get it. Is it too much to ask that a vaccine's protection would last a year? Yes, that would be nicer than getting one every six months.
1 Like
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

with a vaccine on the horizon, I really don't get it...as in, if a vaccine is decades away, natural herd immunity (while controlling the speed of spread to avoid disaster) makes sense...with a credible hope of a vaccine by next year, that gives me extra incentive to continue doing my personal best to avoid covid...I really don't get the mask avoidance, it's just a piece of fabric, not perfect, but helpful, so, why not.  I made pretty ones.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The apparent "bad side" to the vaccine. Will require two does. The vaccine must be kept at 113 degrees below zero. This will be a challenge to administer.

McConnell on the Senate Floor today a perfect example of an "under the radar" warning to GOP Senators & Reps. who come up for re-election in 2022. Yeah, guess we'll be living under trumpist influence for a while. Lindsey Graham saying that "mail in voting", I guess as an option of voters, should be "looked into". Say what? 

@OwlTalk - Many feel that Florida's death rate under-reported. Going back to when the virus first started spreading in US, people were not paying that much attention in Florida when the elderly were passing away from "the flu", heart disease, strokes, or "plain ole old age". Add in a Governor who apparently encourages reporting those who were say diabetic, contracted the virus, then died, as having died from issues with their diabetes. No siree, coronavirus had absolutely nothing to do with their death. 

Does anyone know how we can fast-forward to January 20, 2021?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.