Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

His aides said that he likes drawn maps and pictures because he cannot handle lots of information at once. I saw that and thought how like kindergarten the Oval Office is. The unaltered maps are out there for everyone to compare to his markie pen altered map. I would be embarrassed to be that other person holding up the altered map for all the world to see.

"The Trump administration is trying to protect technology that was first invented in the 1800s. It's like trying to protect the horse and buggy from the automobile technology. It makes no sense to go back to technology from two centuries ago, when we have new technology today which saves consumers money and helps protect the environment by reducing the amount of power that we need."

LED, that lightbulb is going to last 10 years or longer. So the lightbulb manufacturers are trying to save technology that keeps the consumer coming back to buy another bulb every year, but still wastes a lot of energy."

trump is not caring about the environment but about the lightbulb manufacturers. If you go to the Dollar Stores etc, you hardly pay anything for these LED lightbulbs.  What would savvy consumers choose?

A LED bulb that costs $2.00 and lasts for 10 yrs or a similarly priced regular lightbulb that probably will last around 3 months of regular use?

I know which type I choose to buy and it is not the one that is going to make these manufacturers wealthy.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
How many presidents does it take to change a light bulb?
1 Like

Jump to solution

Pence's trip to Ireland.

Instead, he veered off his rather gushing statement following his meeting with the Taoiseach into some crunching Brexit remarks about our duty to do right by Boris Johnson and the UK.

As the air in the steamy ballroom turned decidedly frosty, Pence urged Ireland and the European Union “to negotiate in good faith” with the new British prime minister.

The local crowd raised eyebrows and wondered what he thinks the aforementioned EU has been doing for the last three years, if not negotiating in good faith with the UK. Even when Pence made it worse by not only mentioning “good faith” and “Boris Johnson” in the same context but by also requesting his hosts to have “respect for the UK’s sovereignty”, Varadkar maintained a stoic courtesy.

To look at Mike Pence, with all smiles and handshakes, you’d hardly think he isn’t very keen on the gays at all.

Brave Mike sat down to lunch with the Taoiseach and his partner Matthew and managed not to choke on his Dublin Bay prawns. The VP’s wife Karen, who recently took up a part-time teaching position in a school which bans LGBT pupils and staff, kept her fillets of venison down despite the company.

The next prime minister the couple will meet on their trip will be the serial philander Boris Johnson. He’s pretty experienced on the extramarital and premarital sex front, which they abhor.

On Tuesday, to be on the safe side, nobody was left alone with the US vice-president in case it might upset him.

Of course trump made money off this visit as the pences and the secret service enjoyed trump's golf course.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
In insulting the Irish it was clear Pence was channeling 'His Master’s Voice'. Irish eyes are NOT smiling.
1 Like

Jump to solution

finickypatternshop & TheShoppingMoll - I admit I missed Trump's childish addition with marker of the extension of the hurricane 'cone' on the map he was displaying. To do this is so ridiculous that one has to wonder what all our Allies & non-Allies are thinking right now!!

Our local news had a quick report this morning on Sen. Rubio, Sen. Scott & (Missed Name) and their request to Trump to waive visa requirements for residents of the Bahamas so they can come here quickly, plus there are many with families here in Florida. As of this morning Trump has not made a decision on this yet. What you'd think would be an automatic "Yes", but Trump needs time to decide because ???????

As for Pence's trip, from spending his time at Trump's resort, (the "only" place that could accommodate his entourage), his "comments" on how the UK should "behave towards" PM Johnson & ensuing remarks on Brexit are amazing. What if different leaders in the EU or elsewhere decided to speak their mind on Trump & what he has/is doing(?) That would go over like a lead balloon.

LED lights - yes, after bathroom redo contractor put Hallogen bulb in recessed shower fixture. Heat is not something you add into the mix in Florida. A quick stop to the hardware store & we found a led bulb ($7.00) that fit just right & was water-use approved. Three years later it's still going strong & the shower stall doesn't turn into a sauna every morning. We've even found led night-light bulbs. I bought two packs of two (we keep on at night so we can see should we go roaming in the wee hours) & haven't opened the second pack yet. Regular bulbs lasted 4 months if we were lucky, these have lasted almost a couple of years, so in the end they're actually less expensive. But since Corporations appear to dislike consumers not wastefully spending, Utility Companies really want us to use more electric, Trump Admin has opted to side with them. While it may just be a "small thing" that some people won't even notice, the action speaks volumes about Trump etal. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Also concerning the led light bulbs - China makes the majority of the worlds LED bulbs - is this another poke at them? I also thought I read/heard several years ago that we had a trade agreement with China to only buy led bulbs from them and none were manufactured in the US. I googled it and couldn't find the info on that. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution
The Pence ""comments" on how the UK should "behave towards" PM Johnson & ensuing remarks on Brexit"... Yeah-naw... the people of the UK are not too impressed with Boris Johnson. The Irish loath him as much as they do Pence and Trump, if not more.
1 Like

Jump to solution

I would never go back to regular light bulbs.  I like bright light and when I put the LED lights in my fan I had to wear sunglasses for the first 3 days in the living room until I got used to them. lol  I am also using so little wattage now why would I go back?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I know how you feel. We had purchased fluorescent bulbs in one of those "gigantic" box lots & those last forever too. Our "new" bathroom has a fixture that holds four bulbs. During the redo made a point to get a fixture with shades to keep most of the dust off those spiraling tubes & I think we've had to replace only one bulb so far (At times we've had close lightning strikes that zap a bulb). The LED bulbs we've put in other places are SO Bright, that when we finally go to LED in the bathroom I think I'll only need to use two out of four otherwise might think the bathroom is getting ready to become an airport runway. And Yes, don't look up at our ceiling fans.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

So trump once again is attacking those who don't abide his "rules".

The Justice Department has opened an antitrust investigation into four major automakers who have rejected the Trump administration's relaxed air pollution and mileage regulations.

The deal between the automakers and California clearly angered President Donald Trump, who lashed out at the automakers in a number of tweets last month following their deal.

The Justice Department did not immediately comment on the report, but several of the automakers confirmed they had been contacted.

The Trump administration is challenging California's right to set standards that are tougher than federal rules. The EPA and DOT wrote to California officials Friday demanding that they end the deal with the automakers.

Although the California rules would require automakers to build more costly cars, they gave the companies an advantage: The automakers would have to meet only one national standard, rather than one weaker standard for most of the country and one tougher standard for California and 13 other states that follow its rules. Those 14 states account for about 40% of the US population.

Importing vehicles into Canada. These regulations require manufacturers and importers of new vehicles to meet progressively more stringent fleet average GHG emission standards for both passenger automobiles and light trucks through to the 2025 model year.

Members of the public generally advocated for the Government to maintain the stringency of Canada’s existing standards or make them more stringent, rather than adopt less stringent standards that would align with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s current Proposed Rule. Canada needs to stop automaticly aligning themselves with the US. It has been nothing but drama and outright disaster.

Some European countries are banning non electric vehicles in the near future, so the EU market is shifting away and the US is slipping backwards.

Consumers buy the vehicles, so we expect the government to listen to us rather than those in the US supply chains.

Since the public are the consumers

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The Democratic-led Illinois Senate voted Thursday to compel President Trump to release five years' worth of his personal income tax returns or be barred from appearing on the state's presidential ballot next year.

"If you want to run for vice president or president of the United States, hey, what's wrong with providing your tax returns for the past five years?" Munoz asked his colleagues ahead of the Senate's 36-19 vote in favor of his bill.

"If you've got nothing to hide, you shouldn't worry about anything," he continued. "That's how I see it."

0 Likes

Jump to solution

New US-Middle East peace envoy will be a 30-year-old White House administrative assistant, President Donald Trump announced yesterday.

Avi Berkowitz, an assistant to White House senior advisor and Mr Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, will inherit the role from Jason Greenblatt, formerly Mr Trump’s real estate lawyer, after Mr Greenblatt announced yesterday he would step down.

Mr Berkowitz, who graduated from Harvard Law School in 2016, has no foreign policy experience. He joined the Trump campaign in 2016 and has since served as Mr Kushner’s right-hand-man in the administration.

A 2017 Business Insider profile of Mr Berkowitz quoted former White House spokeswoman Hope Hicks as saying his main duties were “daily logistics like getting coffee and coordinating meetings.”

A former employer said on Twitter Mr Berkowitz was “not very impressive and needed significant hand-holding to handle even simple assignments. But Mideast peace? I’m sure he’s got this! former Middle East advisor to the US defence department Jasmine El-Gamal told The Telegraph. “They are not even pretending otherwise by hiring a qualified person as an envoy.”

Mr Kushner’s first instalment, an economic peace plan dubbed “Peace to Prosperity” launched at a conference in Bahrain in June and boycotted by Palestinian officials, was lambasted by experts. “I would give this so-called plan a C- from an undergraduate student,” said Daniel Kurtzer, a former US ambassador to Israel, on Twitter. Israel analyst Michael Koplow called it “the Monthy Python sketch of Israeli-Palestinian peace initiatives.”

Anyone surprised? Another easily disposed of "clinker" in the WH

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Tweet from President of the National Weather Service Employees Organization.

Dan Sobien

@pres_nwseo
·
35m

Let me assure you the hard working employees of the NWS had nothing to do with the utterly disgusting and disingenuous tweet sent out by NOAA management tonight #NOAA

1 Like

Jump to solution

NOAA feels the need to step in and defend Trump. The Justice Dept. has opened an antitrust investigation into four major automakers. A No Foreign Policy Experience Individual has been appointed as the new US-Middle East peace envoy. In the mean time I cannot find an information as to whether or not Trump has made a humane decision & granted visa waivers to people from the Bahamas. Trump has already pretty much brushed aside any bipartisan talk on new legislation on guns, telling WVA Sen. Manchin he is going to defend the 2nd amendment. I think I need an extra glass of wine......NOW.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@JMOldeVintage  Have you seen his “pinned tweet?” What is he, like 5?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@That70sChickVintage - Sadly, yes I have. As for Trump's mental age, I don't know about it even being 5. At that age most kids understand "that look" on a parent's face & quit while they're ahead. What is so unbelievable is that instead of just saying, "Wow I'm so busy doing my MAGA thing I made a mistake" he keeps going on & on, as if trying to prove he's infallible or something. If he weren't the POTUS maybe you could crack a smile & shake your head, but think it's getting to the point where nonsense like this is becoming disturbing, if not worse.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

trump is a toddler.

My guess, he is using his screw up about Alabama to divert attention from him taking money from military spending to use for his hate wall. I'm guessing even some of his base would not approve of kids from military families being left in a school full of mould so he can have his wall. Those serving their country, and their families, deserve better. Remember the wall that Mexico was going to pay for. But trump says he supports the military, he will even add 'believe me' after saying it. How you know it is a lie....that and his lips are moving.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Having internet issues - will this go thru - will find out.

Besides the Wall Money - it's being reported the military spent $11 Million at airport in Scotland near Trump's golf resort & that the cargo flight crews sent to spend the night at his Golf Resort instead of the flights making usual (& less expensive) fuel ups & overnights at a US Air Bases in Europe. Wonder what will come of this.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The other day, 45 tweeted that cruise ships should volunteer in the Bahamas to provide temporary shelter.  I guess he pictured them just floating out there indefinitely?  Watching on the news now, as the first cruise ship with 1500 evacuees arrives in Florida.  This should get interesting!

0 Likes

Jump to solution
"Most of the evacuees who arrived in Florida Saturday morning were picked up by family members or were provided transportation to reach loved ones in the area, but 50 of the storm survivors will be housed at a shelter, Palm Beach County officials said.
The Red Cross and United Way are coordinating with Palm Beach County agencies to provide clothing, hygiene kits, wellness and mental health services to those at the shelter, the county said.
Of the 1,435 evacuees aboard the cruise ship, 539 are US citizens or lawful permanent residents, Customs and Border Patrol said. The others included 857 Bahamians and 39 evacuees of other nationalities."

Yes, I saw that tweet this morning. It's one thing to offer any ship as a cargo carrier over, a "people mover" on the way back. But you did get the feeling Trump thinks it can just become a permanent floating hotel of sorts. When 70,000 estimated people have lost everything while the ships can be used in the manner this one has, to think that somehow everything will be back to normal in a few months (?) is ridiculous. 
1 Like

Jump to solution

A couple cruise ships are doing just that - floating out there to offer temporary relief - showers, food, rest.  To whom, and for how long, is anyone's guess.  But it's good optics - the cruise line owe a lot to the Bahamas, and have a huge ecological impact there.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well, looks like Trump cancelled his secret meeting that nobody knew about.  The one with the Taliban being invited to Camp David?  Yeah - that one!  

When my daughter was two, I left the room to check on dinner, and her baby brother was on a blanket on the floor in the dining room.  When I came back, about a minute later, the baby was not where I left him.  He was in the next room, happily giggling on his blanket!  He was too young to crawl, but too heavy for my daughter to have carried him.  She had to have gently rolled him across the room!  He adored his big sis - still does, and probably thoroughly enjoyed it!

I asked her how her baby brother got all the way over there, and she looked at me with her big blue eyes and said - 

"The wind blew him!"

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Uh-huh.  Starting to see reports of the Freeport Ferry to Ft. Lauderdale turning away passengers without proper documentation.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1170845476482158592

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hundreds like Renard Oliver and his baby now have to get off the ferry from Freeport, Bahamas to Florida. He was trying to evacuate — told he could leave with Bahamian passport and police record like normal but then ferry crew says US Goverment called and changed plan last minute.

So this has come from the WH.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The Consumer Sentiment Index posted its largest monthly decline in August 2019 (-8.6 points) since December 2012 (-9.8 points), according to the University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers.

The recent decline is due to negative references to tariffs, which were spontaneously mentioned by one-in-three consumers

The August data indicate that the erosion of consumer confidence due to tariff policies is now well under way.

Consumers who made spontaneous negative references to tariffs also voiced higher year-ahead inflation expectations, more frequently expected rising unemployment, and expected smaller annual gains in household incomes.

Overall buying attitudes toward appliances, home electronics and other household durables fell to their lowest level in five years, with net price references more negative than anytime since June 2008.

The Consumer Sentiment Index was 89.8 in August 2019, well below July’s 98.4 and last August’s 96.2. The Expectations Index was 79.9 in August, significantly below July’s 90.5 and last year’s 87.1. The Current Conditions Index fell to 105.3 in August from 110.7 in July and 110.3 last August, and the lowest level since October of 2016.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.