Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

According to trump's thinking, showing racism is showing how patriotic an American you are. 

Sen. Lindsey Graham: "If you're a Somali refugee wearing a MAGA hat, he doesn't want to send you back. You'll probably have dinner at the White House." “I don’t think a Somali refugee embracing Trump would have been asked to go back."

This describes what is happening with trump & his party of minions: From Orwell's 1984 "We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power... only power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from all the oligarchies of the past, in that we know what we are doing."

In Canada, either house of Parliament can censure any individual. The result of this can range from a verbal rebuke to expulsion from Parliament or imprisonment.  However, none is truly necessary, since, as the Prime Minister is appointed by the Governor General…….the Governor General can simply replace him.

It is very important for Canadians to understand is that, an elected Governor General, an elected Senate and a free vote in Parliament by all MP’s would secure a more realistic democracy.

Evangelistic christians should have to remove the Christian - Christ had love for all peoples. And he censured the religious leaders for their love of themselves over love & pity for the lowly ones.

In Appomattox, Va., a church put up a sign this week declaring: “America: Love it or Leave It.” How Christian of them!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

Roger Stone, the former adviser to Donald Trump, has appeared at strip clubs, sold signed rocks, developed a catch phrase, and publicly pleaded poverty to raise money to cover his mounting legal fees, as he awaits trial on obstruction of justice, witness tampering, and perjury charges tied to the Trump-Russia scandal.

To drum up cash for his legal defense fund was scheduled to take him to Michigan later this month, where he planned to headline a fundraiser hosted by an unusual ally: a convicted fraudster who is currently under investigation by his local sheriff’s office for writing bad checks. 

An invitation to the fundraiser, slated to be held at the home of Jeff D’Angelo, the CEO of a company called Debt Bolt Inc., promised a speech and book-signing by the indicted Republican operative. But on Wednesday, D’Angelo said in a text message to Mother Jones that the fundraiser had been cancelled. As of Friday, the fundraiser’s Eventbrite page made no mention that the event had been cancelled, and it was still possible to buy tickets ($150, “no refunds”).

In previous efforts raise money, Stone judged an exotic dancing contest in Memphis and  spoke at an adult club in Richmond.

D’Angelo, whose given name is Jeffery Skodak, has considerable personal experience with debt. He has declared bankruptcy three times, most recently earlier this year. He also has a criminal record that includes convictions for credit card fraud and writing bad checks.

D’Angelo is currently under investigation in Macomb County, Michigan, where he lives, for “presenting himself as a multitude of legitimate businesses and issuing checks from accounts that do not have sufficient funds to cover the checks written,” Macomb County Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said in a statement.

Stone has publicly and consistently complained about his escalating legal expenses and his loss of income due to his prosecution. In April, he said that he and his wife were forced to move out of their Fort Lauderdale home and into a one-room apartment to cut costs. He has set up a family defense fund, separate from his legal defense fund, to seek donations to cover living expenses for him and his wife.

Poor things. I have a suggestion: Your wife needs to get a job. Perhaps a minimum wage job with no benefits would suit her just fine. Take this as the opportunity to learn a life lesson on how to really survive in the real world.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Question for trumpers. If trump is not racist, why would he retweet a post from someone who is considered by us sane people to be a right wing racist?

trump is disgraceful, this woman is disgraceful. No wonder she was a contestant on trump's reality show in 2007. Birds of a feather flock together is very apt with these types of extremists.

So the President is the United States is (again) retweeting a woman who once wrote a column saying migrants were "cockroaches" and "feral humans" and "spreading like the norovirus," and once tweeted, “Racial profiling is a good thing. Call me racist, I don’t care.”

1 Like

Jump to solution

What truly makes our country great is its diversity. I’ve seen that beauty in so many ways over the years. Whether we are born here or seek refuge here, there’s a place for us all. We must remember it’s not my America or your America. It’s our America.

— Michelle Obama (@MichelleObama) July 19, 2019 

Compare that to melania trump's  jacket emblazoned with "I really don't care, do you?" during a trip to a migrant child detention centre

Her communications chief,had insisted it was "just a jacket". "It was for the people and for the left-wing media who are criticising me. I want to show them I don't care. You could criticise whatever you want to say. But it will not stop me to do what I feel is right."

Aside from her widely-panned “Be Best” anti-cyberbullying initiative, she is mostly notable only as a staunch defender of Trump’s agenda and behavior, backing him up on everything from Birtherism to abuse of migrant children.

It’s a major disappointment to women’s activists in her native country of Slovenia. Several of them were hoping that Melania would be a strong voice on the world stage in her own right, and are frustrated that she has acted as nothing more than a mouthpiece for the president.

“Frankly, I have not heard a single strong statement by Melania in years, which is kind of embarrassing, if not shameful,” said Darinka Pavlic Kamien, a communications consultant.

oreign investment adviser Cresnar Pregar, who added, “I would inspire her to speak out for equality,” as opposed to her husband who is “spreading hatred in every Twitter post … We would also want her to be more engaged on freeing immigrants’ children from prisons, on global climate change issues. Otherwise she’ll be remembered for her ‘Don’t Care’ jacket.”

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well Fox News is proudly reporting that Melania (& other celebs) has been trying to sway the POTUS to "get into it" with Sweden after a rapper was arrested earlier this month on assault charges. Oh my, not that's important, isn't it. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump Says If You Don't Love America, Leave It. He's Been Bashing the U.S. For Years.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=p9q5gmmzvMQ

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The rapper shouldn't have gotten into an confrontation with 2 men. When you are in a different country. everyone needs to respect the law no matter who you are. I have no idea who this rapper is, but rapper's have never had good reputations.

I would consider him a flight risk. He might learn to be happy while in one of the happiest countries in the world.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Nothing has changed since trump was elected, China is laughing even more.

How do the Iowans feel about being called stupid? "We are like a 3rd world country"

Airports are worse than in other countries. That would be understandable since they date from 1776 according to trump

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ocasio-Cortez dismissed concerns that the president was playing what she called “3-D racism chess”

The New York congresswoman said in a tweet: “He’s simply an impulsive racist, one who leaves his party scrambling to excuse bigotry and scam the country.” My assessment as well and the repubs have a lot to apologize for to Americans and citizens around the world.

trump has created a cult that is mindlessly following whatever he says, whether or not it is right or dangerous. There has already been one rally where someone was killed.  trump is playing a dangerous game with other people's lives, because these rallies will become riots.

Trump slammed Omar while applauding the “incredible” crowd that broke out in a chant of “send her back.” The president told reporters during an Oval Office event that he was “unhappy” with the congresswoman’s past comments and that he thought the attendees of his North Carolina were “incredible patriots.” 

A real patriot is someone who loves their country enough to speak up when they see something that needs to be changed; not someone who blindly assumes that their government knows best and is always right no matter what. These days, it is synonymous with Nationalist, which is someone who blindly follows whatever his country's government does, and lacks his own ability to think and reason for himself.

I wonder what would happen if another country, during the night, slipped in their troops & took over the WH & Congress. Reagan did it to the Grenadians in 1983. I have never forgotten waking up to the news that the US has invaded a democratic country.

We can use the excuse that the US has a dysfunctional govt & cannot now govern yourselves. It might be just the wakeup call that certain Americans need.  Then they can experience what other countries have experienced from the US meddling in their govt affairs.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Another poor decision from trump, sending rand paul to negotiate with Iran.

paul cannot even get along with his neighbours and he is acting as an emissary???

“I have many people involved, and Iran is going to work out very nicely. “ Another Clueless in Washington DC trump moment

How trump is doing on foreign policy & Obamacare:

According to the Hill-HarrisX poll, 54 percent of Americans said they didn’t believe Trump’s close relationship with North Korea leader Kim Jong Un would ultimately result in denuclearization.

The survey, released on Thursday, found that 47 percent of registered voters said they were less likely to cast a ballot for members of Congress who backed a lawsuit that aims to eliminate ObamaCare. The poll found that 58 percent of respondents age 65 and older and 68 percent of African Americans were less inclined to back lawmakers who are opposed to ObamaCare.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

On Wednesday Dems should first simply ask Mueller "on what page of your report do you state there was no collusion and no obstruction." Let him state publically that his report does NOT state that. Unlikely to stop the ranting nut and the trumplicans doing the questioning from saying it does say that but some might actually believe Mueller if he says it straight out. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

"The Case of Al Franken
A close look at the accusations against the former senator."

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/29/the-case-of-al-franken

Long but interesting, I listened to the audio while working.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I don't think he should have resigned. Whatever he did has been totally eclipsed  by whatever trump does on a daily basis. trump gets a free pass on what are more serious crimes while others are held to a different standard.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"Shooter's Lawyer: He Wasn't Trying To Kill A Mob Boss. He Was Under 'QAnon' Delusion

A 24-year-old man who has been charged with shooting to death a reputed New York mob boss earlier this year thought he was under the influence of QAnon, pro-Trump Internet postings about the president supposedly battling a cabal of liberal elites, his lawyer wrote in a recent submission to New York state court.

Prosecutors have charged Anthony Comello with murder over the fatal shooting Francesco Cali, the alleged leader of the Gambino crime family who was gunned down outside of his Staten Island home in March.

But in a new court filing, Comello's attorney argues that he became so engrossed with unsupported QAnon theories that on the night of Cali's death, he was acting under a delusion, which included that Democratic politicians, celebrities and people associated with organized crime were part of the "deep state," according to Comello's lawyer. He wrote that his client believed he was on a mission "to save the American way of life."

"Beginning with the election of President Trump in November 2016, Anthony Comello's family began to notice changes to his personality," attorney Robert Gottlieb wrote. "Mr. Comello's support for QAnon went beyond mere participation in a radical political organization, it evolved into a delusional obsession."

"Because of his self-perceived status in QAnon, Mr. Comello became certain that he was enjoying the protection of President Trump himself, and that he had the president's full support," Gottlieb wrote to the court....NPR

One of several who were caught, how many more are there out there thinking the same things. Words matter.

1 Like

Jump to solution

And the Pipe-Bomb-Mailer's attorney wants him to get only a 10 year sentence.

Trump does not seem to understand - words have meaning. They carry weight with the 'listener'. I seriously doubt Hitler started out executing people. He used the power of words to encourage like-minded people to take action, to convince those 'on the fence' to come over to his side. When he was embedded in too many minds & hearts those 'figurative actions' became true actions.

Our Country seems to be headed down a dark road & sadly it could become truly dangerous, not just a "bogeyman story".

1 Like

Jump to solution

Does anyone care to give this ignorant American  (me!) Cliff Notes / elevator talk info. on Boris Johnson?  I have heard him described as Trump with a better vocabulary.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

He was not elected to be the next PM as the headlines indicates. He was chosen by the political party now in power to act as the new PM. Waiting for the call for a new election.  He was not chosed by the voters.

His behavior, personality & the use of a very poor hairdresser is very similar to trump's.

Apparently allies of Johnson know that his infidelity is written into his “price” and his supporters won’t mind. They certainly haven’t minded about his attitudes to women in the past.  His writing about "hot totty"at Labour conference, his ludicrous remarks about breast size, his general ogling is part of his brand. He is Trumpian in his appetites and in his disregard for the morality of little people.

He is unfaithful not just in marital terms but to colleagues, to principles, to commitment to his post. He wings it as he does writing columns, putting together leadership bids, championing Brexit with no actual plan. He often writes of women as feeble, emotional, always on the lookout to curtail male liberty.

Does all this sound very familiar? My relatives would not vote for him as PM.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheShoppingMoll  A good and accurate assessment of our dear Boris. All I've seen all over Facebook today is the comment "God help us!" The best I can hope for is a very prompt general election. The Lib Dems might get in and keep their promise to stop Brexit. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Wow.  That does sound all too familiar.  Thanks, @TheShoppingMoll  - that puts together the bits and pieces I've been hearing.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

ProPublica and the Anchorage Daily News reported in May that 1 in 3 Alaskan communities have no local cops of any kind. In June, U.S. Attorney General William P. Barr declared a “law enforcement emergency” in rural Alaska,announcing $10.5 M in Justice Department spending to support village police.

Daily News and ProPublica has found that at least 14 cities in Alaska have employed police officers whose criminal records should have prevented them from being hired under Department of Public Safety regulations. The news organizations identified more than 34 officers who should have been ineligible for these jobs. In all but three cases, the police hires were never reported by the city governments to the state regulatory board as is required.

In eight additional communities, local tribal governments have hired tribal police officers convicted of domestic violence or sex crimes, In eight additional communities, local tribal governments have hired tribal police officers convicted of domestic violence or sex crimes.

All 42 of these tribal and city police officers have rap sheets that would prevent them from being hired by the Anchorage Police Department and its urban peers, as Alaska state troopers or even as private security guards most anywhere else in the United States. Many remain on the job today.

The state agency that regulates Alaska police has suspended efforts to solve this mess.

The same Alaska towns that have no police, or criminals working as cops, are in areas with some of the highest rates of domestic violence and sexual assault in the country.

One that had been hired - He’d been convicted of assault, domestic violence, vehicle theft, groping a woman, hindering prosecution, reckless driving, drunken driving and choking a woman unconscious in an attempted sexual assault. Among other crimes.

In Stebbins alone, all seven of the police officers working as of July 1 have pleaded guilty to domestic violence charges within the past decade.

The current police chief pleaded guilty to throwing a teenage relative to the ground and threatening to kill her after drinking homebrew liquor in 2017. (Alcohol is illegal in the village.) He was hired a year later. He declined to answer questions in person and blocked a reporter on Facebook.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I had the bad feeling that he would win. The party is now very much like the republicans.

In India boris is called Slumdodge Millionaire

The day when the mayoral party, on its way to do a publicity thing at a welfare project, was urged by the accompanying reporters to stop so that the mayor could be filmed at a shanty town.

No we can't stop, said the mayoral contingent. We won't. We haven't got time. So the party trundled on in their 4x4 vehicles, past the poverty and the squalor. And within the hour, the mayor had a new nickname; Boris Johnson, Slumdodge Millionaire.

Similar to the cleansing of the streets of beggars, poor & the homeless ahead of ivanka's visit

“Dithering, Idiot, Clown, Klutz.” You see, Johnson can’t even negotiate with his own hands to clap properly, let alone with an entire European bloc

Instead all its leaders have managed to achieve is anoint the biggest political punchline of the last three hundred years as PM.

I am sorry because the UK citizens deserve better than what we see happening in the US.

Hasn't his 2nd wife filed for divorce due to his serial philandering?   Bojo is now living with former Tory spin doctor, 30-year-old Carrie Symonds

By the time he had gone, many of those who had seen him at work had become frustrated by his inconsistency and compared him unfavourably with every other foreign secretary from the recent era. “Nobody was sad to see him go,” said one official.

During discussions over the situations in Libya and Syria, he said. “If you are dealing with the Libyan affair, it is very complicated; the Syrian story is very sad and dramatic. If you discuss them, you have to know what you are talking about.

“He is a celebrity because of the way he does things. People recognise him, not just in the UK but in other countries. I think he is in love with this … He likes to be liked,” the diplomat said

If he was ineffectual as Foreign Secretary, you can imagine how he will be a PM. I wonder if he is a love child of trump. Nobody can be exactly like someone else, right down to the hair colour.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Am winding down my day but want to thank @TheShoppingMoll for the info on UK politics. I should try & pay more attention to EU & especially Brexit but my mind must remain sane. After all, here in US, it's same old, same old. Headlines like Trump's new policy which will kick @3million people off SNAP; Trump made 61 false claims last week (almost 9 per day); Trump is suing to prevent his NY State income taxes from becoming public; a Trump transition advisor convicted on foreign-agent charges. Then there's his relentless attacks on 4 members of the House & Mueller. And today is only Tuesday!

1 Like

Jump to solution

There really must be something incriminating in trump's tax returns. trump is suing the House ways and means committee, as well as New York state officials, to prevent the disclosure of his state tax returns. The legal battle is separate from House Democrats’ lawsuit against the Treasury Department and the IRS to obtain the president’s federal tax returns. 

Mueller is one very smart man in not giving the DOJ anything before his testimony. repubs saying that they were going to ask tough questions is laughable considering how they questioned kavanaugh.

“We cannot emphasize enough that this will be the first opportunity for many, many Americans to actually hear what’s contained in the Mueller report,” said Representative David Cicilline, a Democrat from Rhode Island who sits on the House judiciary committee.

I forecast trump tweetstorms & tantrums all day Wednesday.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Residents in a suburban Nashville neighborhood came togAfter a four-hour attempted arrest — during which time the undocumented man and his young son barricaded themselves inside a van parked in front of their home — ICE agents left, and neighbors and activists on the scene created a human chain to allow the family to get indoors.ether to protect an undocumented man as Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers attempted to arrest him Monday morning.

The neighbors worked together to make sure the family had water, and filled up the car’s gas tank to ensure the father and son had air conditioning, according to The Tennessean.

MIX (MOVEMENTS INCLUDING X) Earlier Monday, MIX mobilized a network in response to ICE’s attempt to detain a father in the Hermitage neighborhood of Nashville. We invite those who feel the same to join our cause in recognizing and fighting these injustices as one,” the MIX stated. Adding, “Today our community reached out to us on multiple social media platforms in solidarity and with urgency to help a Nashvillian and his young son.

The two ICE officers involved in the attempted arrest were not in uniform and were driving an unmarked vehicle, a large white truck. Some neighbors told The Tennessean that they had noticed the truck passing through the neighborhood for the past two weeks, but didn’t know it was driven by ICE officers.

1 Like

Jump to solution

So trump is negotiating with terrorists, Trump knows just where the Taliban Five are today. They are across the table from U.S. diplomats in Qatar’s capital, Doha, trying to negotiate a deal with the Taliban.

His peace envoy for Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad, travelled to Kabul ahead of a new round of peace talks with the Taliban. trumicules p will negotiate with terrorists, but ridicules a group of American women.

Who are the Taliban?  The Taliban is a brutal, fundamentalist religious group that held power over most of Afghanistan during the late 1990s. The word Taliban comes from tālib, "student" in Arabic, as the group was started by Pakistani religious school students in the. Currently waging war (an insurgency, or jihad) within Afghanistan.

“It really makes for a lot of confusion when you have a group that’s been as deadly as the Taliban, who provided sanctuary for al Qaeda to stage its 9/11 attacks, that it had never been added to the FTO list. ... That’s incredibly problematic,” said Jason Blazakis, who served as the director of the State Department’s Counterterrorism Finance and Designations Office from 2008 to 2018.

“The Taliban and terrorism -- it’s one DNA,” Afghan National Security Adviser Hamdullah Mohib said Wednesday in Washington, condemning it as “a group that murders civilians in cold blood, conducts terrorist activities across the country and blows up schools and mosques.”

The Afghan government has been increasingly frustrated by U.S. talks with the Taliban for that reason -- the administration has excluded the Afghan government while dealing directly with this “terrorist” organization.

“It would be a shame if a deal was made with the terrorists who killed more than 5,400 Americans, and if they were given control of the lives of the Afghan people. That would be a win for those terrorists,” Mohib said Tuesday

What right does the American government have to negotiate with terrorists within another country's boundaries? This is the lives of Afghanistan people that trump is using as pawns in his quest to win.

trump saying that that ther war in Afghanistan "would be gone. It would be over in literally, in 10 days", So far in almost 3 yrs trump has not won anything. ISIS is still around. Thousands of Islamic State fighters are also still at large in Iraq and Syria, biding their time to rearm and regroup to strike the same regions again

trump got rid of the Iran nuclear deal because it was Barack Obama’s agreement. but if you were to present to trump the same deal and call it Trump’s deal, he’d be thrilled.

The infighting in trump's admin. has been deeply frustrating to those involved in the debate. “In the past, even when I personally disagreed with a policy, I could explain its logic,” a U.S. official said. “Now I can’t even do that.”

The United Nations has documented that the Taliban is responsible for more Afghan civilian deaths and injuries than any other party in the conflict. And the Taliban, which remains closely allied with al Qaeda, is a much bigger threat to the Afghan government than Baghdadi’s operatives. 

putin welcomed the Taliban delegation. Russia may be providing the jihadists with arms.

What hasn’t escaped putin’s attention is that a Taliban victory is a defeat for the United States and NATO, Russia’s greatest adversaries. 

All roads lead from trump to putin.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.