Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

I believe trump's 4th of July event was also planned to divert for a time what is going on with these children dying in custody under his watch.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Pitiful diversion tactics might work on his base but the whole world is watching while trump allows human rights abuses and no one will forget, not even over his sad ego parade. Abused/dead children will be his legacy. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I think if everyone that gave a darn would post something on social media for a week straight against these camps, these camps would not be how they are now.

I know lots of people who are totally disgusted by all this, but won't say a darn thing on social media. I blame the currant cruel SOB, but seriously, if not enough people protest, it will keep going on. I am disgusted that a simple act of protest is considered negative thoughts.

Wake the heck up people!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

People need to stand up to the base even if it's their own family and friends.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"Honeybees hit by Trump budget cuts

Sat July 6, 2019

Washington (CNN) The US Department of Agriculture has suspended data collection for its annual Honey Bee Colonies report, citing cost cuts -- MAYBE TRUMP CAN SKIP ONE GOLF OUTING -- a move that robs researchers and the honeybee industry of a critical tool for understanding honeybee population declines, and comes as the USDA is curtailing other research programs.

It's also another step toward undoing President Barack Obama's government-wide focus on protecting pollinators, including bees and butterflies, whose populations have plummeted in recent years.

The annual survey, which started in 2015, gathers data on the number of honeybees per state by quarter, including those being lost with symptoms of colony collapse disorder, an issue that's made honeybees a darling of environmentalists and climate activists.
It is at least the third bee-related dataset to be suspended under the current administration....

....Bees help pollinate a third of the crops we eat, including almonds, apples, avocados and grapes, but bee populations have been steadily declining since 2006....Last year, the Trump administration reversed an Obama-era rule barring the use of neonicotinoids, a chemical family that is one of the major culprits in colony collapse disorder, in wildlife refuges. And the Environmental Protection Agency has granted "emergency" permissions to 18 states to spray an insecticide that's considered "highly toxic" to bees...."

Caps comment added by me. The dirtbag will destroy even the bees out of his petty jealousy, who needs food right.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yep, I follow some pages on facebook about butterflies and bees  and made sure to post about this.

1 Like

Jump to solution

In other news, trumps old buddy was arrested on sex charges again. Might get interesting.

"The multimillionaire financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein was arrested Saturday in the New York area and charged with sex trafficking relating to incidents from the early 2000s, according to multiple media reports citing anonymous law enforcement sources.

Epstein, 66, is expected to appear in federal court in New York Monday...."

0 Likes

Jump to solution

trump claims he wants to go after sex traffickers, especilally of children, now is his chance to prove it. Would trump say nothing if it was a not wealthy person from Mexico who was accused of the same crimes, why is he silent now.

Interesting that many responses from the right is that some from the left might be mentioned too, I'm guessing they mean bill clinton, and totally miss that it is about convicting a perve who should have been locked up years ago. Who cares if it takes down other perves with him, left, right or center.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"Last year was the first in 51 years where prescription drug prices actually went down, but things have been, and are being, put in place that will drive them down substantially. If Dems would work with us in a bipartisan fashion, we would get big results very fast!"

Trump's morning tweet. Here's the thing, I have NO idea what Trump's Plan for prescription drugs is all about. Has anyone seen a detailed, specific plan out of him or his Admin. If anyone has, info or where to look further would be appreciated. Until then, maybe I'm like so many of the Dems Trump likes to be critical of....in the dark. 

0 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Because the contents of the leaks are completely unsurprising, I'm burning with curiousity as to who leaked the British Ambassador's memo's and for what purpose?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/uk-ambassador-memos-leak-1.5203487

For the juicy details, Daily Mail.

I miss you guys, I really do.  I pretty much stopped posting in the new forum because most of the time, I can't cut & paste and other things are wonky and there are key posters that are gone who actually could rationally speak a different point of view. And David's cat. I really miss David's cat.  This is my 2nd try at posting this. Here goes....

7 Likes

Jump to solution

@kaslkaos I'm still lurking and reading. Although I am grateful to the regular posters for all the useful information, it really isn't the same without any opposing viewpoints.

I miss David's cat too!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

'Clumsy and inept' describes trump perfectly, I would have thrown in a few more. No doubt trump didn't like the truth being told but most leaders around the world are likely saying similar things, even putin and kim.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I keep getting red authentification failed banner. I don't know what the problem is with these forums. The old one was so much easier to navigate.

You could choose which topics that interested you, then bypass those that didn't.

The opposing side tried but it looks like they peetered out.

0 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I'm confused by the not the place for spamming, who's spamming? Was spam posted & deleted and I just missed it?

I checked the link & it goes straight to CBC U.K Says leaks of memos from its..... I guess you can track the article down with google... are people really getting a red authentification flag for a cbc link?

And on the issue I posted, another guy just doing his job and speaking truth in a completely mundane way loses his job. The ambassador steps down, Teresa May still supports him, but she's outgoing do, and I still wonder who leaked this info and why. Where they trying to embarras Trump?  I don't think so, because everything the ambassador said is expected aka old news. Or where they trying to damage Britain, or the more progressive politics, that's my own personal completely unsubstantiated guess. Basically, true or not, having private accessments of a foreign government made public is an embarrassment, possibly dangerous, so I'm going with someone trying/succeeding to damage the British government or the ambassador in particular.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

wrong place for spamming.

1 Like

Jump to solution

British Ambassador Kim Darroch described the Trump White House as “inept,” “dysfunctional” and “unpredictable,". I wouldn't even listen to advice from someone who is inept, dysfunctional & unpredictable.

That is how non trumpers see trump's administration.

Darroch sounds imminently more professional than this tweet from trump, "The wacky Ambassador that the U.K. foisted upon the United States is not someone we are thrilled with, a very stupid guy."

William Hague, the former foreign secretary, told the BBC: “You can’t change an ambassador at the demand of a host country. It is their job to give an honest assessment of what is happening in that country.”

trump also told the tabloid that he’d shared advice with May during Britain’s negotiations with the EU and she ignored it.

trump is so upset that his military parade was a wash out. But then you need at least centuries of culture, & class to pull off a Bastille Day parade & the Trooping of the Colours type parade.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I feel very badly about Ambassador Darroch. He was doing his job, honestly, and was betrayed by someone in the UK State Department. What an autocracy we have going here!

3 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Too bad the ambassador got the boot. I'd hire the guy --- I think he was doing a pretty good job because his honest and frank assessments enabled the British Government to proceed in a manner that garnered success with a government that is, well..., Sir Kim described it best.......

0 Likes

Jump to solution
This is grim from the UK’s ambassador to the United States; it makes it look like he’s only just noticed something the whole world has known forever! ;)
0 Likes

Jump to solution

The Atlantic  Why Canada Is Able to Do Things Better

No new airports in US since 1995

Detroit’s 90-year-old Ambassador Bridge—which carries close to $200B worth of goods across the Canada-U.S. border annually—has been operating beyond its engineering capacity for years. Billionaire who owns it doesn't seem to want to commit to a shared project. This would  cut into the more than $60 million a year he rakes in from tolls.

Perhaps Canada needs to absorb Michigan.

But during my travels up and down the American East Coast in recent years, I’ve come to focus on a more mundane explanation: The United States is falling apart because—unlike Canada and other wealthy countries—the American public sector simply doesn’t have the funds required to keep the nation stitched together. A country where impoverished citizens rely on crowdfunding to finance medical operations isn’t a country that can protect the health of its citizens. 

A country that can't the daily operation of Penn Station isn’t a country that can prevent transportation gridlock. A country that contracts out the operations of prisons to the lowest private bidder isn’t a country that can rehabilitate its criminals.

When Canadian governments need more money, they raise taxes. Unlike Americans, Canadians haven’t been conditioned to see history in epic, revolutionary terms. For them, it’s more transactional: You pay your taxes, you get your government. That might not be chanted at any political rallies or printed on any baseball hats. But it works for Canada. And it’d work for America too. 

It is very simple really. When you cut taxes, you lose revenue to fix infrastructure, modernize the schools etc. This is arithmetic that trump & the repubs cannot compute very intelligently.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

On Sunday night Mick Jagger paused his band’s show at Massachusetts’ Gillette Stadium to take in the perfect New England summer evening.“

"In fact, the President made a very good point in his speech the other night,” Jagger deadpanned. “He said, ‘If only the British had held on to the airports, the whole thing might have gone differently for us.’”

1 Like

Jump to solution

The trump administration has invited multiple right-wing figures and conservative groups to a “social media summit” slated for July 11.

You know that Mueller's testimony is coming up by how trump & his propaganda wing act. Despicable comes to mind.

A baseless conspiracy theory that claims Robert Mueller helped facilitate disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein’s 2008 non-prosecution agreement was pushed by far-right conspiracy theorists before making the jump to Fox News.

Robert Mueller was FBI director at the time of Epstein’s plea, but there’s no evidence that Mueller personally had anything to do with Epstein’s case or investigation, much less his sentencing. In the end, it was Acosta, in his capacity with the U.S. Attorney’s office, who gave Epstein his light sentence, not the FBI, because the FBI doesn’t handle the prosecution of offenders. It wouldn’t be Mueller’s call to make.

It was then-federal prosecutor Alex Acosta, who is currently President Donald Trump’s labor secretary who brokered the non-prosecution agreement for Epstein.

LAWRENCE JONES (FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR) blames the Epsteing plea deal brokered by Acosta on the Democrat administration.

It happened under the Bush administration, which means it was the repubs.administration.

Seth Rich, whose murder in 2016 continues to fuel conspiracy theories

Within three days of Seth Rich's murder, when it really was a local crime story -- it had gotten no traction nationally, nobody was paying any attention -- the Russian SVR, which is their version of the CIA, circulates a intelligence bulletin claiming that Seth Rich was on his way to talk to the FBI at 4 in the morning on July 10, 2016, when he was gunned down by a squad of assassins for Hillary Clinton.

This conspiracy theory picked up by Trumpists and Sean Hannity actually began as a Russian misinformation campaign. It was traced all the way directly to the Trump White House, where Steve Bannon is texting to a CBS journalist in 2017, calling, saying it a huge story. A contract killing. So you go from the Kremlin straight through the alt-right websites, to the Trump White House. The week that this breaks on Fox News, in a story they later had to retract and acknowledge was -- didn't meet their editorial standards, Sean Hannity is shouting it from the rooftops.

What's going on that week? It's the week that Mueller is appointed. It's the week Comey is fired. It's when the Russia story is blowing up. What better way to deflect from the Russia story than to point the finger at this.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I hit "reply" on post above, about Kim Darroch, and it seems to have posted at the bottom of the page. This is why I've given up on posting here, there seems to be no organization whatsoever. Other posts I would comment on, don't have a Reply button at all.

I do not miss the "other side" (never thought they had a single rational argument), and would love to participate. I just gave up!

While I'm here, news item this morning, Epstein introduced Melania to Donald. They don't talk about it. Interesting, no?

4 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

@ littlethingsvintage --- Gee, so "shoking" that Epstein inroduced Melania to Trump.... it figures she came from Epstein's world!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Trump Hosted Party With Jeffrey Epstein and ‘28 Girls,’ Report Claims

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-hosted-party-with-jeffrey-epstein-and-28-girls-report-claims

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.