Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

In light of what we "know" from the Mueller report, I thought it would be interesting to revisit the anonymous op-ed in the NYT last September ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

A couple of Trump's tweets today:

"Donald Trump was being framed, he fought back. That is not Obstruction.” at Jesse B Watters I had the right to end the whole Witch Hunt if I wanted. I could have fired everyone, including Mueller, if I wanted. I chose not to. I had the RIGHT to use Executive Privilege. I didn’t!" Oh, he forgot to mention he tried.

"Anything the Russians did concerning the 2016 Election was done while Obama was President. He was told about it and did nothing! Most importantly, the vote was not affected." Yes, He's correct Obama was the President. And I guess it was okay for folks working in his campaign to try and get to "know" the Russians better. 

Am sure his base of followers will believe every single word out of his mouth & typed by his twitter hands. What will the GOP say or do? It will either get interesting or will be boring as they will seal their lips.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Today is proof that the Mueller investigation was not a big nothing burger. Of course his if only I had a brain cult worshippers still think all of this is fake news. 

I hope the Democrats in the house are able to get the evidence they need to move forward with impeachment. It's time. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Always read the footnotes.

MUELLER, p. 390, footnote 1991: "A possible remedy through impeachment for abuses of power would not substitute for potential criminal liability after a President leaves office.

"But the evidence does indicate that a thorough FBI investigation would uncover facts about the campaign and the President personally that the President could have understood to be crimes or that would give rise to personal and political concerns. (page 76)

Mueller says pointedly, “it recognizes that a criminal investigation during the President’s term is permissible. The OLC opinion also recognizes that a President does not have immunity after he leaves office.” (Page 335)
“The protection of the criminal justice system from corrupt acts by any person—including the President—accords with the fundamental principle of our government that ‘[n]o [person] in this country is so high that he is above the law.’”

Mueller also spelled out another concern with alleging a crime against a sitting president: the risk that it would preempt “constitutional processes for addressing presidential misconduct.” The constitutional process for addressing presidential misconduct is impeachment.

I don't excuse what Nixon or Clinton did, but their actions pale in comparison to the mob style trump regime.
The report reads like a mob family indictment.
6 Likes

Jump to solution

Count how many times trump uses PRESIDENTIAL HARRASSMENT in the next tweetstorm.

His fanatical far right wingers are already picking up the baton.  His use of the word harrassment instills in true believers that he is the true victim, not the American people.

Arrogance, ignorance, and incompetence. Not a pretty cocktail of personality traits in the best of situations. No sirree. Not a pretty cocktail in an office-mate and not a pretty cocktail in a head of state. In fact, in a leader, it's a lethal cocktail.  Graydon Carter

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Almost spewed my covfefe just now - George Conway is trending on Twitter, and I just saw his profile says "Lawyer, Windmill Cancer Survivor" !

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I noticed that change as well. He added it right after trump\s dumb wind turbine statement. He is also a Monty Python fan.

He never says anything when the tweets are about his wife. I have been analysing the comments from those that say that trump is having an affair while he is in office. Most people thought it was hope hicks, but my money has always been on a blonde senior advisor to trump. No nasty tweets in response to Conway's criticisms. until lately backs my theory up. 

From Bradley P. Moss Esq.  National security lawyer, lawful transparency and whistleblower advocate, and “Father of Daughters”.

@donaldjtrumpjr was spared a conspiracy charge because Mueller decided he was too stupid to know what he was doing was potentially illegal.

Revenge is sweet for some: U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren, who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination, on Friday said Congress should begin the process of removing President Donald Trump from office over findings in U.S. Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report.

“The severity of this misconduct demands that elected officials in both parties set aside political considerations and do their constitutional duty,” Warren said on Twitter. “That means the House should initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States.”

1 Like

Jump to solution

Oh good gravy, @TheShoppingMoll  - I don't even want to think of Trump having an affair with anyone, let alone Kelly Anne!  I know she's hateful, but I have always thought she is very good at her job.  And it's a pretty crappy job, but she is unflappable, albeit hilarious, in some of the stuff she comes up with.  

As for Trump being too dumb for collusion - yep - Useful Idiot.  It's only a matter of time before he starts quoting / tweeting what is coming out of Russia about the Mueller report!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I heard an football analog that sums up the report & Barr & obstruction...

Mueller passed the “ball” (the question to prosecute trump), to Congress & Barr intercepted. The ball is still the ball, just not headed in the same direction. 

It’s going to be impossible for trump loyalists to say Mueller’s report clears trump, and then deny the facts of trump’s & his staff’s (looking at you Sarah Sanders), lying, corruption, dysfunction, chaos.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Loyalists will stand by Trump because there is no "confirmation" that he or his staff acted with Criminal Intent. If they have tolerated Trump's lies (must be over 6,000 of them by now) & the fabrications by his staff they will continue to stand by him. I don't understand it, but they will.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@khmetalwork  

“It’s going to be impossible for trump loyalists to say Mueller’s report clears trump, and then deny the facts of trump’s & his staff’s (looking at you Sarah Sanders), lying, corruption, dysfunction, chaos.” 

Unforturtunately, not impossible at all. Those whose support him with their heels dug in, the watchers of the likes of Tucker Carlson et al on Fox News among others, those that love Trump & still  believe everything he and his administration says do believe it clears trump. I’ve listened to interviews, read what what his supporters are saying... and what I hear is, not only does it clear him, but that the whole thing was still just was witch hunt, and  “the Dems this, the Dems That.” There is a real hatred of Dem/ liberals/ the other side. I find personally find it bizarre. It is also hypocritical, but they don’t see it as such.  They don’t seem to be actually interested in what was in the report, other than “no collusion.” Not the attempts to cover- up, lie, obstruct or anything else. Sarah Sanders was interviewed by George Stephanopolis, and she would not admit it was a lie- she just lied more to try cover up the lie. I never seen a more corrupt administration in my lifetime, nor have I seen such ardent support of such corruption. But there is SO MUCH propaganda (and it is propaganda) and lies by the President and his crew, being fed nonstop via social media and right wing “news” outlets, it’s hard to counter it, even when the truth is absolutely presented. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Sarah Sanders was interviewed by George Stephanopolis, and she would not admit it was a lie- she just lied more to try cover up the lie. 

Not only did she deny lying, she doubled down and then attacked Dems. No doubt there will be trumplicans who will jump on anyone who dares point out her crap and say that she is being attacked, ignoring that she attacked because she was caught lying. Much like some don't like name calling/talking about others but have no problem doing it themselves. Did anyone ever believe her, other than ones who also believe trump.

trump spent the afternoon golfing with limbaugh so that might help (sarcasm), he will tell trump what a victim he is and fill his head with more crap, like there is space for that.

It might help if any trumplicans who are still going with 'trump is innocent thing' to take off their orange coloured glasses and read the report but insert Hillary or her family or campaign members in place of trumps name etc and see if they would still say all is good. Consider barrs actions in there too. Good grief remember when a few minute meeting with an AG on a tarmac was a problem. Hypocrisy and trump is so not worth it, he would turn on his own son if it would save his own butt.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

trump & co  have backed themselves into a corner. Like animals who are backed into a corner with no way out, they have to fight tooth & nail to stay alive. In the trump repub case it will mean demonizing Democrats.  The intelligence factor on the Dems side is definitely in their favour if they reach out to the swing voters & Independents and trump is struggling to gain traction with millennial voters.

Those who blindly support trump are not the ones that Dems should focus on. It it those like the 15% that when polled after the report was released said they had learned something that changed their view of Trump or the Russia investigation, and a majority of those respondents said they were now more likely to believe that “Trump or someone close to him broke the law.”

trumps approval has already dropped 3 points

The immigration has become a major problem due to trump. These ones coming across the border are showing trump & co their defiance of his directives. He is not a leader that the majority of the world respects. Respect is earned. You give respect and you wll receive respect in return.

I have found igoring noisy wind bags helps in preventing windmill cancer. It is all just noise from trump.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

"Those who blindly support trump are not the ones that Dems should focus on."

I 100% agree. These are people that the democrats could never win over anyway. I recently heard trump refer to his supporters as the "forgotten people". These are the people we need to forget as we focus on electing the next president. I find it funny when I see trump cult worshippers make fun of the democrat candidates. Who cares what they think, they would never vote for any democrat, ever. None of them voted for Obama either, as some used to claim in the old forum thread. 

A big problem in 2016 was lack of voter turnout. People are motivated to get trump out of office, so I'm hopeful voter turnout will be big in 2020.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Even though logic did not prevail in 2016, it did prevail in 2018 midterms my bet is it will also in 2020 if anything the Mueller report is a game changer and can only see future indictments for trump when he's no longer holds the title of POTUS

I still stand by my opinion that the GOP and it's constituents will hold the brand for some as the party of those morally and ethically bankrupt that the word conservative has taken on a whole new tone for some as being a way to judge moral and ethical standards or the lack of, brought on by those without shame willing to win at all cost even at the expense of our democracy or common decency.

I agree with you ShoppingMolls they're not worth the energy nor consideration and what the Dems should not be focusing on.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree about not focusing on trump’s supporters...those that still stand with him after what came out in the Mueller report will never leave him. His brand is their brand and all that entails.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Fox has gone full out tinfoil whackadoodle and trump is tweeting it, likely thinking it means something. I watched a few clips because it is hilarious, watching their heads practically explode as they kiss trumps butt, but then I realized some are sitting at home watching it and actually believing their bull, not so funny then. Oh my, I can see how trump happened!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Just a sample of how MAGA, Nazism & white nationalism have now rolled into 1 identity.

Providence Journal RI

On April 11th, Sondra Pierson, 47, a bookkeeper from Rhode Island was meeting friends for drinks at the Parkside Rotisserie & Bar in Providence when she saw a couple across the street wearing a Make America Great Again hat, swastika armbands, and “White Lives Matter” pins,Looking closer, Pierson saw swastikas tattoos in place of his eyebrows.

A beat-up old Cadillac with Massachusetts plates had parked near the front of the restaurant, and a man and a woman wearing Nazi paraphernalia had gotten out.

The man wore a red “Make America Great Again” hat and a red armband with a black swastika on it. The woman wore a matching armband and a swastika T-shirt. The couple walked into the Rhode Island Holocaust Memorial dedicated partly to the state’s last living survivors. 

When Pierson reached the memorial site, she saw the couple leaning against statues and laughing. “They were taking pictures of each other and giving the Nazi salute,” she says.

According to Pierson, she said, ‘What the f*** do you think you’re doing? How dare you,” and the woman sarcastically replied, “Thank you so much, I so appreciate your input...let me guess — you’re Jewish?”

I love her answer. "I said, ‘I’m not, just a decent human being,’” 

“I don’t like confrontation but when you see something so reprehensible, you have to stand up,”  “It’s not brave, just a natural reaction.”

There are a lot of decent Americans on Etsy & out there doing their utmost to stop this type of hate from spreading across America & the world.  We support these ones in their quest.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

The red maga hats have become a symbol of racism and hate. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

At this point, after seeing the Muller Report, and hearing everything that has come out about trump's corruption, anyone still supporting him is just too full of hate and fear, that they are happy he is getting away with his crimes so he can continue to spread his destructive policies. As long as it's not happening to them, they love seeing other people hurt, especially if they are brown or liberal. I can understand having conservative viewpoints, but I just don't understand being so completely mean spirited that I would ever support the likes of trump. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

That's what makes the tump cult worshipers so deplorable. They get joy from hurting people, not because trump is making their life better. They laughed at people that were distraught after the election, like Maddow crying. No one cried because we lost the election, we cried out of fear for our country. They still think we "aren't over" the fact that we lost the election. Which of course is not true. 

They seem to all have a commonality of a chip on their shoulder, a bitterness for their lot in life, blaming it on Obama, and the government in general. They are so busy playing the victim card that they have become blinded to the fact that they vote against their best interests, excluding the 1% wealthy crowd of course.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

From Rudy saying it's "okay" to get information from Russia, to various Fox News Shows pushing a "deep state" agenda, to wondering why Trump doesn't want ANY of his financial info or taxes released......it would be so easy to become selfish & simply say "am glad I'm the age I am" & leave the fix for the future that Trump is creating to folks much younger than I. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The Wall is being rapidly built! The Economy is GREAT! Our Country is Respected again!

mr trump we have read the Mueller Report without rose coloured classes, so Sorry not even close to being respected. That will happen when trump is no longer president.

“Harley Davidson has struggled with Tariffs with the EU, currently paying 31%. They’ve had to move production overseas to try and offset some of that Tariff that they’ve been hit with which will rise to 66% in June of 2021. So unfair to U.S. We will Reciprocate!

FACT: That is the direct result of TRUMP US tariffs being placed on imports. SO UNFAIR TO THE EU, Canada & other countries. We will reciprocate.

Stock market ran up toward record highs, but not there yet. Good for the wealthy corporations who benefitted from the tax breaks but not so great for the regular folks who lost many of their former tax breaks.

From Mark Meadows : Absolutely devastating to see the news out of Sri Lanka this morning. These were Christians targeted simply for practicing their faith on Easter. Please pray for the community there, especially the victims, that Christ would provide His peace to those who are hurting.

Considering that the main religion of Sri Lanka is Buddhism, Christians are a minority religion in that country.

Mr. Meadows,  Muslims have been targeted for simply practicing their religion. We also find that devastating.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump Tweet From Yesterday Evening:

"You mean the Stock Market hit an all-time record high today and they’re actually talking impeachment!? Will I ever be given credit for anything by the Fake News Media or Radical Liberal Dems? NO COLLUSION!"

All this tells me is that Trump thinks if you're making money hand over fist, it doesn't really matter what happens to the other 99% of the people in the world; that ethics, morals, a code of conduct, upholding duty to "fill in the blank" is not important.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Trump Tweet This Morning:

"The Mueller Report, despite being written by Angry Democrats and Trump Haters, and with unlimited money behind it ($35,000,000), didn’t lay a glove on me. I DID NOTHING WRONG. If the partisan Dems ever tried to Impeach, I would first head to the U.S. Supreme Court. Not only......"

Am I the only one who finds this Extremely Disturbing?!!?

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.