Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

It is sad that those who cheer at trump rallies don't educate themselves about his lies. I feel the same type of sadness for those duped by scams, all that effort, to achieve a dream that does not exist. As with all scams there are those that will never learn.

trump's alternative universe appears to be populated by accomplishments that are in reality, "non - events."

Great Lakes Iniative has has received $300M in funding since 2010.  trump proposal was a 90% cut to this program. $30M is what trump proposed.

But because it was popular program by both parties, trump wouldn't be able to get the cut. Yes

Special Olympics - Another cut that wouldn't pass, as Congress does the spending not trump.

Healthcare - trump & repubs missed the boat on this one. He's not protecting health coverage for patients with pre-existing medical conditions. In fact, the Trump administration is pressing in court for full repeal of the Affordable Care Act.

How likely is a Republicans-only healthcare plan to pass through Congress with the House under Democratic control?

Bills supported in 2017 by Trump and congressional Republicans to repeal the law could have pushed up costs for people with pre-existing conditions. The Supreme Court has upheld the health care law twice in previous challenges. The five justices who first upheld it in 2012 are still on the court.

Fox News interview Wednesday. TRUMP: "You look at all of the different things, Russia would've much rather had Hillary than Donald Trump. I can tell you that right now." 

Not according to Russian President Vladimir Putin.  Asked at a news conference with Trump in July whether he wanted Trump to win the 2016 election, Putin responded, "Yes, I did."

The Republican-led Senate intelligence committee last year said it agreed with the U.S. intelligence agencies’ assessment that Russia intervened in the 2016 election to hurt the candidacy of Democrat Hillary Clinton and help Trump.

Total exoneration, complete vindication.” — Michigan rally. Intelligence agencies & Mueller's many indictments says otherwise.

Mueller’s exact words in the report, as quoted by Attorney General William Barr, say: “While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him.”

trump is again ignoring those pesky inconvenient truths. Russia actually had plenty to do with Trump’s campaign.

TRUMP: “We are bringing a lot of those car companies back. ... They are pouring back in.” —Michigan rally. The only automaker announcing plans to reopen a plant in Michigan is Fiat Chrysler.

It’s been planning to do so since before Trump was elected.

GM is even closing two Detroit-area factories: one that builds cars and another that builds transmissions. GM is closing factories in Ohio and Maryland.

Automakers hardly have been “pouring in”.

TRUMP: “They’ve been trying to get VA Choice for over 40 years. Couldn’t do it. I got it. We signed it six months ago.” — Michigan rally.

That was an Obama accomplishment. trump just expanded it.

Top health official at VA, Dr. Richard Stone, described the start of the expanded Choice program to “almost be a non-event,” in part because wait times in the private sector are typically longer than at VA.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

These might be the same folks who buy beachfront property in Arizona.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I could easily add another 100 lies. Faster to just state at least 99% of what he spews is bulls*it. He knows it works for him, why not use it his benefit, his base is too afraid to raise the bar and require more from him, they know he could never live up to it. I suspect it was the same thru trumps life, why he is such a vile person at his age. How sad is that.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

KNOW YOUR MEXICAN COUNTRIES:

Canada = northern north Mexico

US = southern north Mexico

California = Mexifornia

Mexico = Central Mexico

Guatemala = South central Mexico

Honduras = South southern Mexico

Belize = South southern English Mexico

Fox News = Dumbf-u-c-kistan

8 Likes

Jump to solution

Oh oh oh... *bleep*!!!!

1 Like

Jump to solution

From January

In incredible news out of Canada, officials have happily announced that the country easily finished its own border wall in the past 21 days while everyone was distracted by the U.S. government shutdown.

Canada used its overabundance of frozen water to create a border wall spanning nearly 4,000 miles from the shores of British Columbia in the west to New Brunswick in the east. The purpose? Keep weed-puffing, hard-drinking Americans seeking better times out of the country.

“For years, Americans have crossed our borders to bypass repressive laws and governments in their own country, simply to have a better time, be it the drinking age limit or, more recently, to smoke weed legally,” announced Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. “Well, those benefits are for our citizens.”

More than 10,000 snowplows from Saskatchewan to Alberta to British Columbia and beyond converged on border towns and wilderness areas, piling snow at least 15 feet high (or 4.572 meters if you’re reading north of the border).

“The stoke level was so high, or maybe they were all just baked out of their minds, I don’t know, but those guys are skilled,” added Trudeau. “We knew they could sculpt a quarterpipe but boy, who knew they could make such perfect border walls.”

When pressed about the fact that Americans seeking better times could simply shovel through the walls or even use ropes to climb them in un-patrolled areas, the Prime Minister seemingly changed the subject, “And we didn’t even have to shut down the government to get it done.”

As the world watched, officials also announced a plan to cover the great, snowy wall in cement come early spring to create a permanent barrier to Americans seeking a better time.

The Inertia

Editor’s Note: If you didn’t figure out this was satire within the first few sentences, shoot us a note and we’ll send someone to hit you over the head with a frying pan immediately.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Looks like trump got in an April Fools joke too.

"Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
The Republicans....are developing a really great HealthCare Plan with far lower premiums (cost) & deductibles than ObamaCare. In other words it will be far less expensive & much more usable than ObamaCare. Vote will be taken right after the Election when Republicans hold the Senate & win......
10:23 PM · Apr 1, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone"

'Believe' him.....right after the next election. Didn't he promise a middle class tax cut during the midterms too.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

In other words, citizens are going to have to wait until November 2020 to find out what this "really great" health care plan is all about, much less have a vote on something, since a new Congress isn't sworn in until January 2021. Actually, would bet that no real hard facts about this "really great" plan will be offered during the campaign, you will simply have to believe everyone that states it's "really great". 

1 Like

Jump to solution

He has a major problem then,  because Americans blame him & the Repubs for the lack of a healthcare plan. ACA is similar to the model romneycare, created in 2006 by mitt romney ( gasp a repub )

Americans are embracing ACA in much greater numbers.  Some repubs have caught on & they don't want to re-open a congressional battle over ACA, which hurt the party in the 2018 midterm elections.  trump forgets that the 20M+ voters who now have affordable healthcare thanks to ACA. Since it has been around for 9 yrs & the repubs have failed to come up with an alternate plan, there is less push back against it.

The interest in universal healthcare is also growing thanks to the correct information being filtered to the masses.

trump is speaking to his followers. not to the majority of free thinking Americans.

The critics of ACA nicknamed it Obamacare in an effort to associate then President Barack Obama with healthcare reform efforts. Obama championed healthcare reform as a candidate in 2008 and then as a President before signing the ACA into law.

Obama embraced the nickname

Psst, don't tell laura ingraham or the far right propaganda site american thinker. Psychologists are already over burdened with new patients.

2 Likes
2TrickPony
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

the ACA idea, prior to Romney, actually came out of a far right think tank or the Heritage foundation or someplace like that. WHy Obama went with that is because throughout his presidency Obama, who is a moderate, was trying to reach across the aisle and work with Republicans. That got Americans **bleep**tier health care, and did nothing to help make Democrats and Republcans work better together. 

what REpublicans do is ask for the moon. THey ask for more than they can ever possibly get and then negotiate down to what they actually want. Why are the Dems are too stupid to do this? 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

The word needed is compromise, which means both sides must give concessions. trump's narcissim doesn't understand compromise. It

ACA was a step in the right direction. I believe that basic healthcare is a human right.  I am sure that those who are now have healthcare are appreciative of the efforts. The repubs made no effort to introduce their own healthcare plan and they have had plenty of time to create a workable plan.

When universal healthcare was introduced into Canada, Canada received push back from the American Medical Association and many Canadian doctors.  The AMA was concerned that this type of universal healthcare system would bcome attractive to Americans & their profit margins would drop.

No one likes having taxes raised, but in my opinion I would pay more taxes to have universal dental & prescription coverage for Canadians.

No system is perfect, but when there is an attempt to give everyone, regardless of income level, the same benefits, I am all for it.

Rand Paul didn't show much support for the American healthcare system when he came to Canada in January to have a hernia operation.

3 Likes
2TrickPony
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I'm correcting you that Romney created the idea behind Romney-care. He didn't. And I have ACA, and it's far from perfect but certainly better than nothing. Is it a step in the right direction? I don't know, because I listen to American politians and I doubt it's an actual step. We needed some kind of universal health care where everyone has quality health care available. That's not what we got.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump didn't do very well today at his televised press conf. with NATO secretary - fumbled words (oranges / origins), said we need to get rid of judges, and claimed his father was born in a very nice place in Germany.  I thought he looked extra puffy under the eyes.  Others on Twitter posted they see dilated eyes - I can't tell.  Isn't anyone in the WH capable of reigning him in?  He just isn't well.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Probably a combo of age, stress, adderall. He needs a nice quiet jail cell to retire in. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

“If you have a windmill anywhere near your house, congratulations, your house just went down 75 percent in value. And they say the noise causes cancer,” trump

He never heard a crackpot conspiracy he didn’t like....

easing all kinds environmental regs including dumping sludge into waterways is fine but wind noise will cause cancer. Huh. Just a coincidence that he wants to promote coal over green energy and this new bit of info falls into his abundant lap. He must think his supporters are just stupid.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

trump needed an excuse for why his Scottish golf course is losing money.

On Twitter

Just a normal day of being unable to say "origins," misremembering what country your dad was born in and saying wind turbine noise causes cancer.

trump is his own wind turbine.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Goes well with him thinking that he won't be able to watch tv if it isn't windy. He likes that one for his rallies and it gets him cheers every time so why not right. Is this one of those being educated is too elite things. He might be better served to pick up a book and do some reading instead of sitting there watching fox all day.

1 Like

Jump to solution

"He must think his supporters are just stupid."

Well, I have heard them say that everyone else - FBI, DOJ, the media, anyone, anywhere who has even the tiniest thing negative to say about him - is lying, and trump is the only one telling the truth, so there's that. 

0 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Apparently, a Chinese national was busted trying to sneak into Mar-a-Lago yesterday with a computer, thumb drives, two passports, etc. She said she was going swimming.......but didn't have a swimsuit. Uh oh.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just wanted to say hello, good to see so many familiar faces here. Happy spring!

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello :)

I'm happy in general but no spring here yet, it snowed last night and we are still measuring snow in feet instead of inches :(

One day it will come and then we will complain it is too hot :)

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Jane! Happy Spring to you too :)  It's hitting us hard in So Cal. We went from cold and rainy, with the amazing superbloom, to 80+ degree temps over the weekend. Allergies are going crazy!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Regarding ACA. As a health professional, 20M+ Americans who have never been able to afford or access basic healthcare is a giant step in the right direction.

Profit based healthcare is never likely to be cheap. Prohibitively high cost is the primary reason Americans give for problems accessing health care. Add in the number of medical debt bankruptcies filed by Americans, US healthcare has always been very expensive & hard to access.

The U.S. leads all other industrialized countries in the share of national health care expenditures devoted to insurance administration. 

This is why I prefer our single payer system. I am not interested in giving hard earned money to fat cat insurance companies.

I have always bought travel medical insurance when I went to the US. Most people do due to the high cost of possible hospital stays if hurt or suddenly get sick. The cost of medical procedures in Canada are relatively low compared to other countries & much lower than the US.

I have a friend who foolishly didn't buy travel medical insurance. Her husband had a heart attack and the result was that her parents had to remortgage their home to pay off the US medical debt.

I prefer the system where you have universal healthcare & if you so choose a 3rd party insurer. The majority of employers do have employee benefits that includes the extras.

0 Likes
2TrickPony
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

"This is why I prefer our single payer system. I am not interested in giving hard earned money to fat cat insurance companies."

exactly. Obama said he didn't want to cut out all the insurance companies because of jobs. MEanwhile, many Americans have second rate health care so that these insurance people can have jobs.

(while you read this remember that I live in Calfornia which is supposed to be progressive) heres a twisty story for you: the first year of ACA, I had private insurance but they put my son on Medical. There's no choice there, either, I can't decide that I want to pay more and have private insurance for him. If you are in a certain income bracket, that's what you get. Found out that the boy needed glasses very badly, and called to find an eye doctor who takes Medical. So I find one close by, but there's a caviat; to get in to see the doctor if you are on Medical, even a child, they put you into a lottery. To get into the lottery, you have to physically be present in the office, you have to drag your child down there to wait while they play their lottery game and maybe get turned away. They have a lottery once a month. So it could take you months of trying to get an appointment. So I say, OK, forget the Medical, my son needs an eye doctor and glasses ASAP, I'll pay cash up front. Here's the next absurdity: you can't, if you have Medical, just pay cash. It's against the law. After I picked my jaw up off the floor I called another eye doctor and got the boy an appointment and paid cash. I lied and said we had no insurance. This law causes all kinds of problems for people and forces people who are on Medical to only be able to use facilities that accept medical. And although there may be some clinics and doctors who take it who are awesome - most aren't. Mainly it's the bottom of the barrel you get, or treated like trash, second class,  as we were with that eye doctor. Take my experience and imagine a patient with a severe mental health issue that needs a specific treatment, but isn't allowed a doctor who is competent.

Now I have a higher income and the boy has the same insurance as me. I get a subsidy to help pay for it. However, if I make, let's say, 10,000 dollars more, then I would lose the subsidy entirely and my health insurance would cost me more than the extra income that I make, probably around $12,000.00 for the year. So why should I work harder? Just to pay an insurance company? So that's the second part that makes no sense, the way the subsidies work.

the good parts are that they can't deny with a pre exsisting condition, can't charge different prices if you have one and they can't offer junk policies (although that last one I'm not sure about anymore) and they did get at least some kind of care to many more AMericans. 

we have to get the for profit insurance out of it, though.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

trump should be less concerned about the noise from wind turbines and more concerned about national security concerns at Mar a lago,

It shows why places like Camp David & the WH are usually picked for meetings with foreign dignitaries, rather than a golf resort in Florida.

Foreign governments know the place to go to listen to lips that sink ships.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.