Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

@ChezSylvieinFrance  I am a dreadful lurker in this thread. I read everything and take it all in, even though I don't say much. I agree with you that the missing link is the people arguing from the other perspective. I know they felt outnumbered so I can't blame them for not joining in. I do miss the excitable discussions though.

As far as politics go on this side of the pond, I can only say that I have almost reached the "too numb to react" stage. I am totally confused and weary with it all.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm at that point too, Bluetina!  Nothing is shocking anymore, and it just goes on and on and on! (meaning Trump's presidency.)  Right now in Canada, we have our own scandal to contend with.  I don't even have the energy to keep up with it either.  

1 Like
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Me too. I miss the old forum thread, all of it. I miss all of you here too, but it's just not the same. :-(

0 Likes

Jump to solution

rumor has it that Mueller is releasing his report today. we'll see

1 Like

Jump to solution
I don't think the Mueller Report is anywhere near close to being released. I think this is a distraction from Manafort sentencing and the horrible new job report.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sorry the team hasn’t gotten much traction. Personally,I find the new forums are hard to navigate, seems to take forever to find my way back to this team, plus I know many people have seemingly lost forever the ability to post in teams. It’s unfortunate that the lively back and forth discussions are gone, I miss seeing/reading some of the regulars from the old thread.

c’est la vie

5 Likes

Jump to solution

if you click the bell after you sign in, it will show you the threads you have posted in and take you to the end of the threads. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I will leave the forum up for a while until etsy gets everything straightened out (if that ever happens) to see if there is more participation.

John Brennan had said in an interview that he thought Mueller would release some or all of his report on Friday. But some of it may not be made public so if anything was released we were not informed. It IS wrapping up and there is something happening every day now. We are coming to the hopefully the end of this mess. Then we get to start the mess of cleaning it up.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am a big fan of George Conway. I get the impression that he is the 3rd wheel in a toxic triangle.
The conservative lawyer noted Trump's criticism of his own attorney general for allowing congressmen who supported him to be indicted for federal crimes.
"If people were to get indicted or not indicted on the basis of whether the President likes them, we wouldn't have a republic, we'd have a banana republic," Conway said. 
"I kind of like the fact that you can tweet at rich public officials without fear of retribution in the courts.

"Although he was reportedly up for a high-level job in the Justice Department in 2017, Conway ultimately withdrew from consideration. He later said on a podcast that he declined to join the administration because it was "like a s***show in a dumpster fire."

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I like George too.  I think it's remarkable that trumpty hasn't fired his wife by now for being married to such a toxic foe.  I wish more conservatives would have the guts to stand up to 45 and call him out for his lies instead of trying to defend the indefensible.

This will probably be controversial, but i was watching the series on R Kelly the other day and, although trump is not a pedophile, I think their characters are very similar in some ways. They both deny, deny, deny, and think they are gods and untouchable. They think their fans will always believe their innocence and be loyal no matter what.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I think that there is a very good reason why trump doesn't fire Kellyanne Conway.  A sure fire way for her to lose her job would be for George to announce that he was running for president.

There will always be those who believe that their idols are innocent of everything. trump was elected because his followers as one article pointed out, President Trump may not need to convince voters he’s a good guy — many of them don’t think he’s a good guy, and they cast their ballots for him anyway. In fact, some people may like him because they think he’s not a good guy.

We saw evidence of that in the previous forum thread.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Started yesterday with a quick over-view of Trump's budget. News outlets all focused on the $$$ Trump wants for the wall & increase to Military. Little mention of the CUTS to the EPA, Diplomatic Corp, Education & Safety Net Programs. I swear if I hear anyone else call Social Security an 'entitlement' after people have contributed all their working lives to this retirement program, you'll hear my screams where ever you are.

And, this morning woke up to reports that a PAC aligned with Jeb Bush fined for accepting over one million dollars in donations from foreign entities.

Never mind what the Federal Debt has grown to & will become....ah well, just another day I guess.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

That budget...how do his voters like trump’s proposed cuts I wonder? The cuts he promised NOT to make. It’s not as if his voters will be exempt from the cuts.

And more money for defense?! I serious wonder if trump’s secret talks with Putin were about started up a new arms race as economic stimulus plans. trump could use another (temporary, err artificial) boost to the economy going into re-election, just as predicted the economy is starting to slow. Maybe all those out of work auto workers can build bombs. Or, maybe trump has defense contractor cronies who will kick back some of the enormous profits from a new arms race in the form of campaign cash, mar-a-lago cash, trump hotel cash, etc...

1 Like

Jump to solution

Another example of a weak man, from Yahoo

“The latest Trump Golf Story — they’re like fish stories, except bigger, so much bigger, the biggest — comes to us courtesy of Golf.com’s esteemed Michael Bamberger, who reports that Trump’s locker at Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, Fla. boasts a new plaque. This one reads “2018 Men’s Club Champion.” (This isn’t fake news. You can see a photo of the locker right here.)

Winning a club championship is a heck of a feat for anyone, especially a 72-year-old man with a demanding day job. (Fact check: During 2018, Donald Trump was serving as president of the United States.) But here’s the really wild part: Trump didn’t even play in the tournament.”

seriously!? trump is a liar. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

More stupid trump stuff...

”In March 2016, then-candidate Donald Trump told The Washington Post he could eliminate the entire U.S. debt in eight years. Now that he’s president, Trump is doing the exact opposite.

Trump’s budget — his own budget — projects debt held by the public will hit $22.8 trillion by 2025, more than 50 percent higher than the year he took office. (Debt held by the public was $14.7 trillion in 2017.)”

From WAPO

Every analyst said his zero debt claim was nonsense, but he liked to say it anyway. So, is the problem - trump is a habitual liar or, is the problem - trump’s habitual believers? Head scratcher.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@khmetalwork  I think his multiple bankruptcies in his business life speaks much louder than his words. I really have a harder and harder time listening to anything he says.... most all is lies, deception, twisting of words, word salad, propaganda. What bothers me also is how he uses Fox as his own personal state run media. I’ve watched just to see what people are listening to- guys like Sean Hannity, Judge Jeannie, Tucker Carlson, and some other equally annoying woman’s name I forget. 

Its just all so corrupt, it’s just hard to take. Another thing is listening to these people at CPAC... the things they say are outright lies... I don’t know if they actually believe what they are saying, or if they are just parroting the same lies to create further division, stoke fear and hatred. The mean spirited lies are aimed at their fellow Americans. They seem to forget this. Power hungry self righteous fools. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

It’s all too much isn’t it. Most days I skip the trump stuff, even skipping Kimmel and Colbert. I don’t care who announces their run for POTUS - I’ll vote for anyone, for that matter anything rather than trump. Biden, Bernie, AOC, Harris, my neighbor’s dog Ginger, an empty cat food cat, I absolutely don’t care as long as they/it was a “D” next to their name on the ballot.

tho after reading Pelosi ‘s assertion that impeaching trump isn’t worth the cost to the country, I am waiting for trump to declare he is too worth it! The most worthy POTUS ever.   Lol

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I loved that she said that too!!  Probably drove him crazy. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Transport Minister Marc Garneau is grounding all Boeing 737 Max 8 airplanes in Canada over safety concerns arising from the crash of an Ethiopian Airlines flight that killed all on board, including 18 Canadians. 

PM Trudeau expresses our national grief at the loss of so many people.

Canadians join people around the world in mourning the loss of so many lives today. Our hearts are breaking for the families and friends of the 18 Canadians who were killed. Please read my full statement on the tragic plane crash in Ethiopia: https://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2019/03/10/statement-prime-minister-fatal-plane-crash-ethiopia 

We had young people heading to the United Nations Environment Assembly in Kenya. 

Families that were travelling to visit relatives. Edmonton resident 33, and her daughter 5. They were on their way to visit relatives

Nine-month-old Rubi was travelling to Kenya with her family to meet her grandfather for the first time. Her 34-year-old mother, seven-year-old brother, four-year-old sister and 60-year-old grandmother were on the flight with her. Rubi was the only Canadian citizen in the family.

UN High Commission for Refugees member

Parvati.org founder -The non-profit organization, which describes itself as being dedicated to healthy planet

United Nations Association in Canada as a project officer with the association's Canada Service Corps. She was also a board member of the African Community Fund for Education Canada and previously volunteered with Free the Children

Ismaili Muslim community

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This should not have happened. The problem was known and almost 200 people were killed because of it not so long ago in a first accident. Software was apparently the reason and Boeing was working on it - which is when those planes should not have flown. Then came Trump's shutdown and for five weeks, Boeing did not work on it. Then this accident happened. I don't call this an accident.

This is criminal. WHY did they not ground all those planes as soon as the problem was detected and until it was resolved? Why did the US take so long to ground those planes? Money more important than lives?

1 Like

Jump to solution

USA is about the only country in the world who is not grounding those planes. WTH!

0 Likes

Jump to solution
I guess the US has joined everyone else and grounded the planes until this problem is fixed.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Meanwhile, in other news, Manafort is now facing 7 years on federal charges and has just been indicted again in NY on more charges. 45 could possibly pardon him on the federal charges, but not on the Ny charges if he's found guilty.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump grounded those  planes not because he cares. 

1 Like
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Check out Rachel Maddow's show on 3-12-19, about the Boeing situation--- verrry interrresting!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.