Hi teammates,

You guys have some super creative shop names that I love, but I often find myself wondering what the story behind them is. What do you like about your shop name? How does it relate to your business? Is there a funny anecdote behind it? Is it a pun? Is it a tribute to someone special to you? Did you have a different name before switching to your current one? How do you think customers interpret your name?

I'll go first. I got the name Sassafras from a good friend of mine who always called me Sassafras when I said anything that was a little snarky. I also have a passion for botany, so a plant name just felt like a perfect fit for me.

Now it's your turn. Share your stories and thoughts in this thread!
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: What's the story behind your shop name?

More new items has been listed. And lower shipping

https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodandMetalshop
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

My shop name is colors of life - i pass 8 operations in my hands (i wounded when i served at the army ) , I discover the ability to create during my occupy therapy they gave me to roll small balls to reliability my fingers after i was not able to move two of them after 4 years of spending time at the hospital and finding my way back to life I establish my business and name it Colors of Life - this material (polymer clay ) and the colors bring me back to life :-) Today my art is quite know in my country i represent my country many times and its just make me happy to wake up every morning and create in my studio :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Good Question, my art shop name was created because I am a bit of 'chameleon' in my work and its swaps, changes and develops depending on my environment and I create illustrated work as well as painting. The other half of the name is my nickname 'Tee' which makes ChameleonTee my shop name!
Great to hear your stories about your names;) very interesting
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I had a vision of a whitehorse thundering down a mountain. I could see it's hoves and they meant truth and the white means purity.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have been here for about seven months I think. I have not talked much,but am willing. If anyone would critique my shop it would be appreciated and have a great day my wonderful team.
0 Likes

Hello everybody. For many years I studied the works of Carlos Castaneda, Nicholas Roerich and other researchers the greatest legacy of all mankind. Interact with this treasure allows you to see more and more deeply, as well as draw inspiration from the surrounding world. And besides SHaMaN - the initials of my name and surname. From this was born the name of my shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have been here for about seven months I think. I have not talked much,but am willing. If anyone would critique my shop it would be appreciated and have a great day my wonderful team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there:)
rakavichka means one of pair gloves in my native language - Bulgarian. I made gloves for my friend almost all my life, since I was 10 years old.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Sounds like speaking hearts.
0 Likes

Siri is my name reversed -> Iris
and Luna is a name I used in my childhood for my dolls and stuff. I like the names together and it's something personal. So now I use the name for my etsy shop :)
0 Likes

I changed my shop name last year. I wanted something with Sock or Stockings in it. My top choice of name was already taken. So I brainstormed for ages. Got some feedback from my knitting friends. One of them came up with SockCentral, which I think was already taken. But I liked the sound of it, somehow those two words work together. So I decided to add the Santa, because that's just clarifying things :)
0 Likes

My shop name means two things in german: journey and bird flight. So quite connected to my products :)

How does my shop name work in English? Looking forward for comments :D
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I started my shop when I was on maternity leave and if I had a girl she was going to be called Molly and the second name was going to be Margaret for my mum. As I have two lovely boys I decided I liked the name so much I would name my shop Molly Margaret but as that had gone I added designs on Etsy.

My mum was pleased as my business now includes her name :)

Great threat idea as some really interesting stories...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Our gifts are designed to be given Just Because and not for a special holiday or a birthday. The goal is to spread happiness any time of the year. So it may not be terribly original but hopefully it is memorable.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Great thread! I named my shop, Second Breath Designs, for I had a heart transplant. Thought it was a great way to correlate a second chance at life for myself and vintage jewelry! Although since I started, I have incorporated handmade gemstone jewelry...could apply there too I suppose!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

While growingup I was inspired by my grandmother who always had the 'perfect' jewelry to match her clothes. She always looked 'put together' which is something that stuck with me. She was very talented, able to crochet and sew anything. I named my shop after her ... Kit's Marketplace.
0 Likes

Since I am a citizen of the Russian-speaking, it was hard to pick a resounding English name of the store. I come up to the Russian, and after the translation of the title. It was painful, because all the ideas that come to mind, proved already occupied by other sellers. The current name was born from the depths of my soul and turned equally resounding in both Russian and English. Fortunately, it turned out to be the name of the free, and I thought - so it's mine! But the most amazing thing happened later. When I start to get acquainted with Etsy, I found that there is a separate opportunity for sellers to build collections, and these collections are very much in tune with the name of my store, they are also called treasury! So I think that the name suggested to me that something supernatural)))
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I live near a bunch of sweet lakes and also near the salty North Sea… I love to walk on the waterfronts and get my fresh air and inspiration from there! I did learn what is life all about next to the water front! I help others to get conscious and be in their life good for our mother earth.

I recycle materials and hope it is your choise too to buy without to empty this world any more of it's treasuries. A bunch of love and respect from the lakes!

Jolanda:)
0 Likes

I sew things up (create), then I embroider (write) on 'em! Plus, it's a pun on gifts that are so right for everyone!
0 Likes

My first shop name was beautypeony. Then I realize the name was not describing what I do in my crafts. Then I decided to change it for yenistitches. Yeni is my nick name since I was little girl. My family called me Yeni. The second part of the name, stitches came from my love for sewing. I think yenistitches represent me and what I love to do.
It is very interesting reading about your stories, thanks for share
0 Likes

My first shop name was beautypeony. Then I realize the name was not describing what I do in my crafts. Then I decided to change it for yenistitches. Yeni is my nick name since I was little girl. My family called me Yeni. The second part of the name, stitches came from my love for sewing. I think yenistitches represent me and what I love to do.
It is very interesting reading about your stories, thanks for share
0 Likes
peblsrock
Inspiration Seeker

Unlike a lot of sellers, the name for my business was already in place before i started selling sea glass. A long time ago, my partner and i ran an online business repairing and restoring the Motorola "PEBL" phone which at the time was something of a trend, and we both loved them. The name for that business was fairly obvious, but as soon as trends changed, fell into disuse. We had moved back to the UK and to Seaham for family reasons, and only then realised that the popularity of the sea glass from here was a basis for a business. So after some test selling on Ebay, we discovered Etsy and then looked for a name for the business. Nothing seemed to make sense. Names with Seaham seemed cheesy, and names saying Seaglass seemed obvious, but would be hard to place in terms of SEO. It was a crowded sector already, but we knew the potential was great, and seaham sea glass rocks! Then it dawned on us that we had the name already, PeblsRock. The hijacking of the term Pebls for our sea glass pieces made sense, as they weren't shards, or beads, or any of the usual descriptive nouns. Pebls sounds like pebbles, so relates to the beach, and Rocks similarly describe a feature of Seaham beach. It all seemed to make sense, so we ran with it, and the rest is history!
Since then we've realised that we can take the "Pebls" root and develop the business in different ways, so we have PeblsArt, and have run PeblsHunt on the beach, and a festival entitled PeblsBeach.
Sometimes you can over think a business name, the answer might be right under your nose!
0 Likes

My shop name is hopelisa
I started doing crocheted awareness pins and beaded awareness ribbon pins for the epilepsy foundation. My shop is to give hope to others for the disorder or disease they deal with everyday of there life. I too have epilepsy. I started making jewelry for friendship and awareness. I have done bracelets, earrings, keychain, rings, necklaces, and more
0 Likes

My shop name is purely down to a lack of creativity with words. BUT, it does say what's what. Who I am and what I do.
0 Likes

I always loved the serie "Nikita" the old series with the blond Nikita <3 and my name is close to that the store is called nikitasstore <3 super simple i guess :P
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.