Hi there,

Setting a goal (no matter how small) can help you accomplish more. Last month we invited sellers to set a goal and share it with the team. Take a look at last month's thread ( https://www.etsy.com/teams/5002/etsy-success/discuss/14658006) where you'll see many sellers reporting they reached their goals or made some progress they felt good about.

Take a moment to settle on your goal and then share it here. By writing it down and sharing with others, you'll reinforce your commitment to it.

A goal can be anything from listing a new item to reaching your 100th sale.

When sharing your goal for July, please introduce yourself and share how long you've been selling on Etsy.

I'll start. I have been working at Etsy for 3 years, and I've been on the Seller Education team for the last year. I just moved so my goal for July is to set up a studio space in the new place. What about you?

Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Set a Goal for July

Jump to solution
I just re-read what I wrote a couple days ago. I didn't write an actual goal for myself. I've been working on my booth where I sell 3 days a week. My Etsy goal i list 100 items
Check in daily to Etsy and comment or post
Meditate daily
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi,
I broke my right hand (yes, was frustrating :P) a couple of months ago. This set me behind with everything, including of course my Etsy shop.

Since then I have been scrambling to get a garden planted and do everything else to keep our household (including one fisherman and two dogs) running.

I had 3 outstanding orders when I broke my hand, from a good friend who has been very understanding and patient. I now have another 2 orders to get to.

I feel like I lost my groove and momentum in my shop. Prior to breaking my hand, I was trying to get more stock in it. Now, my goal is to finish my current orders and rock them.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi There!

I'm new on Etsy! My shop is open for a few days.
My name is Francine. I'm a graphic designer living in the Netherlands. I live with my lovely family and fluffy dog in Limburg.

I love making logos, aquarel illustrations, dessins/patterns and I love making textile products at the academy fine arts and design in Maastricht where i study now.

I love what I do and want to share it with you. I want to make other people happy with my work. That's my goal! I'm very happy and excited to be selling on Etsy!

My goals for July are:

• I hope to sell 5 items.
• List 10 more items this month.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Kirsten, I'm so sorry about your hand :(

That does make it tough. I broke my foot a few months ago and it did not help with getting my stuff done. I feel your pain and hope you feel better soon!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hello :) My goal is to continue to improve my shop, especially my photos and descriptions, and hopefully get my first sale. I've been here only one month.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi!

I wish to reach 400 sales within July. I need 19 more...
I would start my holidays in August very happy!

Wishing all the best for all of you!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I opened my Etsy shop 2 1/2 years ago and have been building it slowly as I finished grad school (I teach ESL as well). I've done a lot of work on my shop this year as life is more settled, and I'm very excited about the progress I've made!

My goals for July are to sell my 100th item and to reach 300 items in my shop. I'm also hoping to bump my average views per day up to about 60 (I averaged 50 views a day last month).

Good luck with your goals, everyone!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My July goals, which I posted way back in the beginning of the thread are:

1. Get my sewing machine fixed (in the shop)
2. Add six new listings (2 done, working on third now)
3. Work on getting a website going (researching, think I'm going with GoDady)

Besides stating my goals here, I also posted them right next to my computer. It really helps to see them every morning as a reminder.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
My goals will be to gain more followers and to post many new items (working toward listing 100; have 70 or so now)... working to balance price and profit; I am assuming I need to sacrifice a bit in the beginning to gain a customer base? I will have to experiment to work this out...
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have been an Etsy seller for 4 months, My goals in this month are:

1.) To get to my 10 sale (I'm at 4 now)
2.) To get 10 more items listed
3.) To increase views and traffic into my shop (was 200 last month) - so let's try to get 500 this month.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My shop has been open for 3 1/2 years and I decided to try participating in Christmas in July this year. I have a coupon code for free shipping and my goal is to promote on all social media to try and bring more exposure to my shop. I have gotten one sale with the coupon code already - after the 20th I'll report back on how well I did.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi! I just opened my shop earlier this week, and my goal is to have my first sale in the month of July and continue growing my inventory. I am so excited to be part of Etsy!
Happy selling!
Stephanie :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My goal is to sell my first item!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hello Everyone!
I have been selling on etsy since last 1 year and recently my sales have started booming up.
My goal this month will be to sell minimum 10 items on my shop and list at least 20 more new items in my shop.
I know i will do it!.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Everyone! I love reading all these goals, it's so inspiring.
We have been on Etsy since last May. I always have lots of goals, some of them are carrying forward from last month, but by the end of July I'm hoping to:
1. Get all my Etsy Wholesale Listings online
2. Get caught up on custom orders
3. Retake listing photos - even just a couple to see how it goes with more of a background
4. Get to 1700 sales - 37 to go
5. Start my blog
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
A new business concept sweeping the country. This is a very good read for etsy shop owners:

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/11/5876235/silicon-valleys-latest-management-craze-holacracy-explained?utm...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi, I had no sales yet but I have listed nearly 30 items since I have set my goal for july...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi All! I opened my shop 4 years ago but had to close it for 2 years when my mother-in-law became ill. I reopened last fall and so far have had only one new sale.
My goal for July is to :
add 2 new paintings to my shop.
Learn one new thing about running my shop each day.
Make another sale!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I set my goal on June 21, 2014 when a friend of mine visited my empty etsy shop, and, upon discovering it's emptiness, went on facebook and commented on it. At that moment, I resolved to take some awesome pictures of my items and have at least 10 of them listed on etsy by Wednesday, July 9. I'm proud to say that I met my goal, and, as of today, I have 16 items listed.

Yay!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My goal is to make 3 or more sales ( 1 per week )
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I don't know if anyone else does this, but I'm posting a progress report.

This may sound ambitious, but most of these are within reach.
1. Finish replacing the last of my original images with better versions. (Some.)
2. Add 11 new listings, for a total of 115. (107)
3. Increase my followers:
- 80 on Etsy (Yaaaay! 83!)
- 45 at www.NancyGoldsteinPhoto.com (43, post more!)
- 15 at TheiPhoneographyBlog.wordpress.com (10, ditto)
4. Get out there and create some new work! (Arrrrgh)
5. Promote, promote, promote! (Yes, yes, yes!)
6. My second sale. Please? (Sort of; I refused a digital download. If I had agreed, I would have lost control of the number of images reproduced and their quality.)
7. Stay positive! I may not be supporting myself with my shop yet, but it WILL happen! (Hanging in there.)
0 Likes

Jump to solution
To get my number of items listed between 125 and 150. I'm also hoping to add another section to my shop. I have on my Facebook, but just have not gotten around to doing it on my Etsy shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My shop turned 1 month old this weekend! I've made 5 sales, which I would like to match again this month with another 5. I currently have 45 listings, and would like to see that expanded to 100. I also would like to begin a new line of hand painted greeting cards.

I love being encouraged by everyone's posts at whatever point their shops are at. There's so much great energy here :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi! I've been selling on Etsy since the end of March and my goal for July is to make more than one sale this month!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.