Hi there,

Setting a goal (no matter how small) can help you accomplish more. Last month we invited sellers to set a goal and share it with the team. Take a look at last month's thread ( https://www.etsy.com/teams/5002/etsy-success/discuss/14658006) where you'll see many sellers reporting they reached their goals or made some progress they felt good about.

Take a moment to settle on your goal and then share it here. By writing it down and sharing with others, you'll reinforce your commitment to it.

A goal can be anything from listing a new item to reaching your 100th sale.

When sharing your goal for July, please introduce yourself and share how long you've been selling on Etsy.

I'll start. I have been working at Etsy for 3 years, and I've been on the Seller Education team for the last year. I just moved so my goal for July is to set up a studio space in the new place. What about you?

VintageLindyLou
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Set a Goal for July

Jump to solution
My July goal is to get more items listed. I have only been open a short time so everything has been a learning experience. Last month I worked on getting what to charge for shipping, tags to attach to purchases and business cards. Another July goal is to participate in Etsy teams.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
MoonInJuneStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
My shop is about a year and a half old now - I made my very first Etsy sale on January 30th 2013. I'm excited to say that just recently, my little moon teacups made the front page!!! I had hoped they would!

My goals this month::
- sell at least one set of my little moon teacups. They have over 550 likes and not one sale! Which I think is weird. I'm going to try to re-shoot some of the photos for them to see if that helps.
- I just turned 27, so I'm going to aim to bump my listings up to 27 items (I'm at 21 right now)
- reach 25 sales this month!!!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My goal has been to follow many of the suggestions from my Etsy emails. My shop has been open for about a year. I'm striving to continually add more items and update my site based on your suggestions. My goal for July is to get involved with a team who might be able to give me specific suggestions.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am new on Etsy, since April 2014. 9 sales so far and my goal for July is to reach 15 sales. I am working hard with tags, photos and making treasuries. I cross my fingers and keep going, I feel positive!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My goal for July is to list more items. Slowly building my inventory of patterns.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
My shop opened on March 17, 2014. I met all but one of my June goals (I set 4 for myself). So, my goals for July will be:

1. Pick up where June left off (finish July with 42 sales).
2. Build my listings from 102 to 125 or more.
3. Open my sales to an additional country for international sales.
4. Promote my team with at least 1 new treasury.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My goal for July is to take my shop a few notches higher. I have been with Etsy since 2012 but have only made one sale -- however, I still haven't nailed down my shop policies. I just had printed some t-shirts and tote bags with my images, so this will be a new direction for me. For July I want to get those listed! And, yeah, I'll nail down my shop policies!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I find that setting goals is a way to conquer fears and also make the dream of selling a reality. Just dreaming about success and haphazardly planning is a way to set you up for failure.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My goal is to visit as many places who will show my work. the cafe's in Wilmington, show work of local artists. Before I moved here 4 years ago, I sold many paintings..Due to health reasons I wasn't able to persue the many venues that would show my work. In addition to abstract color, I am doing black and white abstract which is my new passion.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I've had my shop open for about a year. I work full time and have little ones so a
challenge I have is time management.
My July goals are:
List 10 new items
Reach 8 sales
Promote my shop and increase the number of views daily
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have 61 items listed as of now but would love to have 100 items by the end of July but I will settle for 75 and shoot for 100 in August. I hope to set up and take photos tomorrow.

I need to group items and reprice and work on my social media.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Everyone,
I'm a Graduated of Bachelor Science in Commerce- majoring in computer 18 years ago and I end it up as Creativity in Art of Crochet and I'm addicted as a hobby. I'm just 3months & 7 days in Etsy shop.

My goal in July that I can finish as many as I like to make my own style and design a Penguin Vest for the competition "The Great Penguin Vest Challenge" Even my finger is very sore next to the thumb finger that used too repeatedly. Then after I can put in my new list items product a vest for Penguin and more products to be listed that I wish and my goal more sales, mission to support my good cause.
0 Likes
cherylanngoods
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
I just started listing in my store June 3rd, and made a sale in just a couple of weeks. So exciting. My goal is to make another sale (at least) and to add to my items list (17). I would like to reach 35. I would also like to spend more time making jewelry, and possibly list some of my refinished furniture pieces.
I guess I should get busy now...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hello my name is Madi and I started selling about 10 months ago!
I've been very happy with how my shop is going but I would like to make selling on etsy a full time thing, so my goals for this month are...

1. Come up with ten new items to sell.
2. Take better pictures of all merchandise.
3. Reach 45 - 50 sales!
4. Get a couple more shop reviews.

I know it seems like a lot but I believe I can do it!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I just started my shop in June and have listed 20 items.

In July I'd like to make at least one sale, and list 40 items. I have most of the extra 20 made, but I'll have to make a few more, and photograph the rest.

I'm also going to work on photography.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I opened my shop three years ago, and recently I had my 100th sale! I currently have 48 items in my shop. My goal for July is to increase my inventory to 60 items, and then increase it to 75 by the end of August.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
My July goals are

1) double my June sales by getting 2 sales a week

2) get to 60 listings

3) re-take photos for at least 10 listings.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My goal for this month is to post a new item every other work day (3 items a week) and hopefully... Consistently make at least one sale a week.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
This month my goals are to
Place 4 new products on etsy
Update all my product photos
Make two sells
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have been selling since August 27 2012 and my goal for July 2014 is to make one sale and clean up my pictures
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Hi my name is Veronica I've only been on here a month so I'm still new to this. My goal for July is to make my first sale, add more items to my listing, and learn more about selling on Etsy. Hopefully I can meet more people and become friends with other sellers!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I've had my shop open for 6 months and have only made 2 sales. I realize I need to devote more time to my shop and be more original in my designs in order to attract more customers.

My goals for July:
1. Update my current listings
2. Finish and post at least 4 new original designs
3. Review selling tips and techniques on Etsy so I can be more successful
4. Stop feeling discouraged that my shop is not as successful as I had anticipated when I opened.
0 Likes
CJSTonbo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Hi All. Opened CJSTonbo on March 2013. July Goals are:
1. Complete a summer photo session with models (beach and rice field)
2. Reach 600 shop favorites
3. Reach 50 reviews
4. Upload 1 new listing a day (not including Sundays)
5. Create a Treasury
6. Become part of a Team and learn more
7. Complete a lesson on fabrics
8. Reach 190 Sales
Here's to July!
0 Likes
JERSEYDEN
Registered Buyer

Jump to solution
I opened up shop december 1st 2013, with 3 items listed one sold, so it was time to give the sight a chance, I've had 9 sales, only resulted in 200 bucks, but now I'm up to 65 items, and seen I'm getting 40 hits a day, over the last 2 days anyway.I added about 15 new listings over the last 2 days

dont think i've sold 3 items in a month, I'd like to see that happen, I'll get 35 more items listed, to hit 100, and at the end of the month, I'd like to see 1,000 looks.if I get up to 100 listings, the other goals should happen! good luck to all!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I want to reach a first sale in the month and so on.... pls
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.