Former_Member
This team is dedicated to sharing business advice in a supportive environment. From the day you first set up your shop to the day you think about quitting your day job, there's so much to learn. Luckily, one of the best things about selling on Etsy is the support and encouragement from other sellers.

Whether you’re brand new to selling on Etsy or you can count the years on both of your hands, you probably have some milestones that you’d like to celebrate with all of us. Post your milestone in this thread. Every month, we'll highlight some of our favorite posts, so join the celebrations!

Please also introduce yourself in your post if you’re new to the Etsy Success Team—describe what you sell and how long your shop has been open.

Here are some examples of milestones (but remember that all personal milestones big or small are worthy of celebrating!):

• You made your 1st sale / 1st international sale / 1st custom order
• You reached (x) # of sales
• You added (x) # of listings in your shop
• You have (x) # of views / favorites / admirers
• You received positive feedback from a buyer
• Your shop was featured in the press or in social media
• You recently opened your shop
• You’re celebrating your Etsyversary
darkponycouture
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Official Success Celebration Thread!

I am happy to report I was featured in the Etsy Finds Wedding edition this month and made surpassed my minimum monthly sales! Hooray. Congrats to all of you who had successes big or small.
Cheers!
xo
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

My milestone is: This month is my 5 years Etsy-versary! ( June 22nd)
My goal is to hit the 500 sales mark by the end of the year- (or sooner- I'm at about 367)
And, April and May were my all time sales milestones!
Another goal is to get more handmade products in my shop- A lot of things in the works need to be finished.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Aloha!
I'm Barb Sasaki, owner/designer of Sasaki Bags. I started my first etsy store in 2007 and my current shop in 2009. Most of my income is generated via wholesale orders outside of Etsy, but I still love Etsy for giving me a venue that is so easy to use where I can try out my new designs and get honest feedback. I learned much of what I know on the old Etsy forums and look forward to continuing to learn and perhaps share my own tips when they would be helpful.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re-opened my shop a few weeks ago after a big move.
Today, I finished listing 99 items! Wheeeew!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My goal for June 2014 was to reach 40 sales and ...
I DID IT on the 23rd!!!!!!!!!!

So, now I've set up a new little one, just to stretch a bit:
43 sales by the end of the month!

anything is possible
reaching for the stars!!!

All the best to everyone
as Your goals unfold
along Your path!

bright blessings
Silvia :)
0 Likes

Hello everyone! I had a goal making this month better than any previous I had on Etsy! And it happened! Best month so far was February with 11 sales...
But just got my 12th sale yesterday...and that makes June 2014 my best month on Etsy since I opened my shop!
Happy rest of the summer for all!
0 Likes

What a great thread- I joined Etsy in October 2012 to branch out into international sales. I sell colourful abstract art and have had 2 customers from America and 5 sales altogether. My next goal is to reach 10 sales by the end of July. There is so much about Etsy to learn but I'm slowly getting there!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm celebrating NO SALES!! Jajajajajajaja
( just being a bit sarcastic)
If you loVe Art, never give up
and keep reaching for the stars✨✨
haPPY Summer ???????
the best as always,
Erika
0 Likes

I finally made my 1st sale a couple of weeks ago and was over the moon when the recipient sent me a message that it had arrived on time and that she loved it! Now I must hope for more sales and try to market my creations! This is so hard for me. I simply don't have the time or the inclination to sit by the computer ( get on line!) . I also have 2 part time jobs which are not really to do with my art works! Still I am keeping my chin up as we English would say!!!
0 Likes
GardensOfTheSun
Inspiration Seeker

I just celebrated my first year on Etsy and have managed to find a niche in between all the other jewelry sellers.

Amazing how many friends I have made in this one year. So much I have learned. My style has evolved into something authentic and unique. People actually ask me to make their wedding bands now. I cannot believe how far I have gotten: somehow, in a year's time, I have become a real jewelry designer.

When I started I was thinking I'd be over the moon if I made a few sales a month. Now Gardens of the Sun has 184 sales and every single one still makes me happy, and every single one still makes me wonder who is doing me the honour of wearing one of my designs.

The most important things for me was finding my niche, and managing my time as I have a demanding day job, a young daughter and travel a lot.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My June success? The grand opening of my shop :)
Ive wanted to open my own Etsy shop for a very long time now, and despite not having made my first sale yet, I'm very proud of it :D
Things are quite literally early days and I'm sure theres lots for me to learn, but I'm really looking forward to celebrating many Etsyversary's for years to come!
0 Likes

Hi all, I am new to this thread. I opened my shop officially in July of 2013 and started adding designs. I sell a variety of modern prints for the home. Some are custom designs from clients and personalized prints too. I didn't get my first sale until January 2014. But I am so excited to say that I had my 100th sale this month. I hope this trend continues!

I would like to give a shout out to Etsy... your process for adding designs, shipping, everything about your software is fantastic! I have had shops with some print on demand companies and ended up closing them for a variety of reasons. Etsy blows them out of the water for ease of use and listening to what the shop owners want! Thank you Etsy! You make it easy to sell and I love being able to design products for my customers that they love! Nothing is better than having a customer say, "I just love my print"!
0 Likes
OhMyHowLovely
Inspiration Seeker

I opened my shop this month, and I have 37 views!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I am new at this and have only 57 items in my shop and 1 sale. I am so excited to be a part of Etsy!
0 Likes

I just had my 50th sale! Yippey!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Congrats to Ashley and Tamara and Jen!! Little by little we keep moving forward and we only fail if we quit!

I am almost up to 200 sales but my biggest news is that I (after 5 yrs) have finally found my "brand" and niche! Now I am going to be filling my shop with home living, serving ware instead of just small ceramic things. Keeping to my main lines of Pebble Beach and Barnacles! It is so exciting to see the constant views , more sales and lots of Likes every day now ! I have to say the new "boost your shop" course from Etsy is super helpful too!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I opened my shop last year but I really just got it up and running about two weeks ago. Yesterday i got my first favorite and I am Super Excited!!! Hopefully all the views will turn into my first sale.
0 Likes
theYarnKitchen
Conversation Maker

Hi I'm the mom of the colorful felted planter and cuty kitties that you maybe see around on etsy :-)

I have absolutely to celebrate june because I'm close to overtake decembre 2013 that was my best month and because in June (I mean fron January to june) thanks to a newsletter I pass the total number of sales of the entire 2013!

And I have to celebrate 18 of June that was my best day ever with 18 sales!!

Thanks to esty, my wonderful teams and to my lovely customers that keep leaving incredible feedback!

and congrats to all for your strenght and success! Yay!!
0 Likes

It's exciting to read all of these posts! It's great to see how well our fellow Etsy sellers are doing. June is a big month for us because it marks 4 years that we've been selling on Etsy! It's always a great time of the year for us to reflect and see how far we've come!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Congratulations on meeting and exceeding your goals out there! I am honored to be part of Etsy and so thankful for the positive encouragement provided by fellow sellers. I'm excited to have officially shipped to 12 countries now. To celebrate, I bought the cutest metal vintage globe (from gatormom13) and the tiniest magnets to mark the places we've shipped to. So excited about this :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My shop has been open for a little over a year and I must admit that I was getting a little frustrated. I am celebrating sales over the 100 mark now!! I didnt think I would make it but alas, here I am...celebrating.

I love Etsy, the community and kindred spirits!!

Maybe some kindred spirits could share some more secrets. I have read so many articles regarding the relevancy, titles, tags, treasuries and becoming members of teams. But is this truly all there is to making 10,000 sales?!?! I am so very happy for those that have topped these numbers in a very few years. But it will literally take me 100 years to hit that mark at this rate!

What else do you all do to drive traffic and promote?

Happy selling :)
0 Likes

Because business has been slow for me lately, didn't realize I had hit the 200 sales mark. Feel great about that : )
0 Likes

Just realized I've gone over the 100 sales mark to 101! Hooray!
0 Likes
WoolleyWeaves
Registered Buyer

I know this is so small but for me, it is significant: Two sales in two months! My goal was one sale per month, so far so good because one sale turns into two and then three....etc. My ultimate goal for the shop is $4000-$5000 per month but I have a looooong way to go
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am a brand new seller on Etsy. My shop has been open for about a month. My goal was to find ways to make sure people came to my shop and to have at least 10 views in the first month. Well, I reached that baby step goal plus some. I made sure that I had search engines working for me and I also posted on my social media sight. It paid off. And to top it all off I got my first sale just this week! I am so excited and want to encourage all of you new sellers to just give your shop some time and it will happen. Now to set my goals for July! Good luck to all of you!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.