✦ Live Video — November 16 @ 11:30 a.m. ET: Cheers to Your 2015 Successes!

Jump to solution
Subject: Cheers to Your 2015 Successes!
When: Monday, November 16 at 11:30 a.m. ET
Where: http://etsy.me/labs1116
Who: Seller Education and YOU!

As we begin to approach the end of the year, let’s take a moment to celebrate your achievements on Etsy throughout 2015. Reflecting on your accomplishments helps you discover what worked for your business and better prepares you for the year ahead. On November 16 at 11:30 a.m. US ET in the Online Labs (http://etsy.me/labs1116), members from Etsy’s Seller Development team will be highlighting your 2015 milestones and achievements. They’ll also be sharing tips about setting goals — and how to achieve them.

PARTICIPATE:
What milestones or achievements did you reach this year? What goals are you setting for your shop in 2016? Share your successes in this thread, along with a goal you have yet to meet. We’ll be highlighting your responses and answering your questions throughout the live event. You can also share your answers and ask questions via Twitter using the hashtag #EtsySuccessChat now or during the live stream. We’ll be answering your questions when the session airs.

TIME DETAILS:
This lab will air live at 11:30 a.m. US ET on Monday, November 16. Here’s a handy website you can use to calculate the time difference from wherever you might be joining us: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

REMEMBER:
There are no sign-ups or automatic reminders for this session, so be sure to mark your calendar. If you are unable to attend, we will be posting a link to the archived version of the video in this thread after it has aired. Please note that if you would like to participate in the live chat, it will be available only during the stream.

DISCLAIMER:
This is a non-promotional team. This is not an open invitation to promote your shop or social media channel in this thread. If you are unsure of what you can post in the Etsy Success team, please review our guidelines: http://etsy.me/1Osc7iC
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ✦ Live Video — November 16 @ 11:30 a.m. ET: Cheers to Your 2015 Successes!

Jump to solution
We are shocked and saddened by the violent and tragic events that unfolded in Paris on Friday. Our hearts and thoughts are with the families of those whose lives were taken or forever changed. In light of these events, we are canceling today's Online Lab. Please stay tuned for more information here in the team.

Sincerely,

Seller Education

View solution in original post

0 Likes
64 Replies
FairwxForest
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
My goal for 2015 was less about sales and numbers and more about getting my shop and my products to a place where I'm truly proud of them again. 2015 has been my fifth year selling on etsy and I was starting to feel like my items (and my shop) needed a makeover.

So after years of dreaming and months of hard work, last night I posted my first new round of improved plushie designs along with new branding and descriptions I'm really proud of, plus a huge jump up in product photography quality. I love the way everything came out and I consider this to be a huge milestone for Fairweather Friends.

Especially when I'm feeling down about my shop numbers, it helps me to focus on something that I have more control over - like making my products as great as I can or refreshing my branding. My success isn't always defined by the people around me... I have some say in it too.

As for a goal I have yet to meet, I'd love to have a successful 2015 holiday shopping season marked by happy customers. I don't want my customer service quality to go down as my order volume goes up.

Looking forward to this online lab!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am looking forward to this session! I am so glad that I have found this team. Last video of acing the social media has been so helpful!

My biggest achievement this year actually is to open the Etsy store in June. My son was born last November. Being a first time mom and working full time during the day, I am very proud that I could actually open the store and kept it open for most time (well, I had to close it several times when it gets too demanding). My passion to make the things listed in the store (I am not mentioning it since I don't want to turn this into a promotional post) kept me going and going.

And less than 5 months later, I have sold 238 items with 100 admirers. It melts my heart to think more than 100 babies around the world (including Japan, Australia, France, and Canada) wore my items for their first Halloweens. My items have been mentioned by many bloggers and websites. They all somehow found me magically through Etsy.

My goal for 2016 is to reach $2000 average monthly revenue and double my active listings to 20.

My baby is turning 1 this week. It has been such a great year. I am truly grateful.

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
This year was kind of a time to learn and put some good practices into place as I just opened my store in September 2015. I am still learning about what to do to make more sales but I have created a business plan for myself and found a specific market.

My goals for 2016 are at least double my listings, and increase my sales.

I am super excited to be putting myself in a more focused direction and any advice is much appreciated being a new shop on etsy.
1 Like
towno
Post Crafter

Jump to solution
Milestones>>>truly going live with my shop and making my first sale, and setting up my shop to sell internationally (so glad I did, easier than I thought).

Goals>>>add more listings and develop a social media presence.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
What milestones or achievements did you reach this year?
March - Selling to someone other than family! yay!
July - Selling to a total stranger (to me anyways) ;)

What goals are you setting for your shop in 2016?
Increase my marketing to promote my products by the end of January.
To average 20-30 items sold each month.
To increase these goals because they were met early!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Milestones for 2015 included introducing 3 new designs to my shop, branching out from where I started. The other items are ongoing: research and implementation of changes to tags and titles to improve my SEO, setting up an e-mail sign up to launch a bi-monthly newsletter that will premiere this month, and developing a pdf pattern that will be introduced in 2016. Additional goals for 2016: reach a conversion rate of 8 sales for every 100 listing views and a sales percentage of 75% new customer sales, 25% repeat customer sales.

My shop has been open since June 2013 and this year is the first I have felt it is a business. It's exciting!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
My milestone for 2015 is building a studio to work in. I'm building it myself so it means I haven't had a lot of time to spend on my Etsy shop but I'm well on the way to having it finished before the end of the year.

My goals for 2016 are to produce a number of new products that I have been working on. I'm really looking forward to having a dedicated space to do this!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Today I reached 600 active listings in my shop.
And I have two other active shops.

But what I want to know is, why are these sessions always at 5:30am, my time :+)
0 Likes
LindasOtherLife
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Milestone! My first retail deal from a local pharmacy that has just rebranded and begun to focus on merchandise by Ohio artists. Merchandising manager found me entirely through Etsy!

Goal for 2016! Streamline my process. Make several of an item at a time so that I am not so flustered when something turns out great and sells immediately!
0 Likes
MartaDalloul
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
I'm celebrating I reached 300 active listings, two years in Etsy, 250 sales. And recently I reached 200 views in a day. I was also approved for Etsy outside manufacturing and now I'v expanded and have my art on pillows, mirrors, cards... and will be adding more soon. It's been a great year!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
2015 has been a great year for us - thank G-d. We have expanded our in nearly 40 retail stores across Canada and the US, including 18 Urban Outfitters stores. We also had a call with another national retailer and plans to move forward with them in 2016. We we also super excited to have been featured in Kiwi Magazine and on Estée Our Online Etsy
0 Likes

Jump to solution
After five years of being on Etsy, I've finally brought my shop to a place where I'm truly proud of it. There are so many skills I didn't realize I would have to hone when I first opened a shop on Etsy. I just dove in simply because I had a desire to create. But with the importance of photography, pricing, branding, finding your niche, networking, and social media... I think I'm now finally able to grow my shop effectively and I'm so excited about that.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
2015 has been a great year for us - thank G-d. We have expanded our in nearly 40 retail stores across Canada and the US, including 18 Urban Outfitters stores. We also had a call with another national retailer and plans to move forward with them in 2016. We we also super excited to have been featured in Kiwi Magazine and on Estée Lalonde's You Tube blog! Our Online Etsy sales have also been on the rise with over 300 this year!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I opened my Etsy shop March 2014 and by May it had a few pieces of jewelry and some paper strips, but I didn't actively work at promoting it. In December of that same year, I had some life altering experiences. Finding myself unemployed, I planned to seek part-time employment to supplement my retirement income. My daughter-in-law suggested I try promoting my Etsy shop before taking another public job. So in 2015, I joined a number of teams and learned about promotions within the Etsy community. I expanded promotions to social media and began using Etsy promoted listings. Today, I have realized 901 sales! And I am still working from home!!!

This year, I also expanded my listings to include additional kits for DIY customers and launched my paper bead light pull chains. In November I began listing Christmas ornaments and bells that are also made out of paper. Yes...paper has been my passion for a while now. :-) For the holidays this year, I want to offer some inexpensive pieces of jewelry (under $5) that offer solutions for money strapped consumers with a long gift list. This week I will begin listing simple rings that are made from high quality NuGold metal to address that need.

Next year, I plan to expand my DIY kits to offer specific designs that are made from paper beads. While my goal is always to expand my business and increase my sales, a strong focus will still be geared toward customer service and customer satisfaction. I look forward to another profitable year with Etsy in 2016!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I had a record month in October- I think it's because many of my products are great for Halloween costumes. Here's to a busy holiday season as well!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Milestones & Achievements:
1: I've (at least) doubled my sales every month since I opened my shop (with a small dip in October, but I had surgery!)...
2: I'm now making enough revenue as I was at my old job.
3: I have amazing customers that have given me amazing feedback!
4: I set up and sell wholesale on Etsy.
5: Etsy contacted me recently and said I will be getting a 1099 from them, lol.
My goals for the coming year:
1: Continue to improve in every area, especially social networking.
2: Continue to grow my sales to the point that my husband can retire!
3: Sell more wholesale.
My question would be: what can I expect after the holiday sales season? How have long time successful shops done in January, and if there is a significant drop off in sales, how do they handle that?
Thanks, I'm looking forward to the lab!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Reflecting upon my Etsy achievements this year, I am most proud that I did not give up on my new cell case store. Being honest - there were times when I really wanted to exit this extremely competitive category, but I was driven forward by seeing the success of many others on Etsy.

I learned the value of doing the research required to discover and act on marketplace trends. I began to use the tools Etsy provides to analyze my sales performance and identify opportunities to sell more. I also learned how important it is to create for your audience, based on what THEY like, not what I want them to like.

I just passed my 1st year anniversary designing custom cell phone cases and with more than 900 sales, my immediate goal is getting to 1000!

My goal for 2016 on Etsy is not just to increase my own sales, but to introduce members of my community who are in need of a financial boost to Etsy.

After serving in AmeriCorps several years ago, I became acutely aware of how many low income families fall between the cracks in our society--simply for the lack of appropriate levels of income. I am a fervent believer that engaging with Etsy could change the lives of people in those circumstances.

In 2016, I will attempt to help several local families out of poverty with Etsy stores at the center of this effort. Wish me Luck!

-Nancy
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I am celebrating being named a finalist in the Martha Stewart American Made Awards. My milestone this year was landing an international wholesale account. A goal that I have met this year is increasing sales by 10% this year - I am well on my way to exceeding a 20% increase!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Milestones for 2015: I opened shop, and have published three unique Christian quilt patterns, and an eBook for Advent.

Milestones for 2016: I've been happy with how they've been selling, but want to learn how to set target goals and benchmark against industry standards for expected sales in new shops selling similar products.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I LOVE the "fireside" chats and the opportunity to hear about Etsy happenings behind-the-scenes. Makes me feel so much more a part of this amazing community!

I "quit my day job" to run my Etsy business because I wanted my time to belong to me and my family. I had two babies in less than two years, a planned decision, but I was very overwhelmed at times with being a mom and a handmade entrepreneur with very limited time to commit to my business. Add to that the stress of being our family's 2nd source of income, and there were some very challenging times.

Looking back, 2015 was the first year that I really fell into step with my my business and its growth - I have worked so hard to be here, and it feels amazing! I've grown sales, revenue, a website & blog, and mailing list, and I see good things ahead in 2016. I have plans to launch a podcast and continue to expand my handmade wedding product offerings. FUN!

A huge thank you to Etsy admin & my fellow sellers - we meet in brief, quick passing on teams & social media, but you are all a huge part of my life and my business, and I'm proud to belong to such an amazing team!

Cheers,
Kara
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I was really proud to open a shop finally this year and so, so happy to sell something too! I'm working really hard at making more inventory for this holiday season and next year. Another milestone for me recently was to reach 500 followers on Instagram; a great promotional tool but, more importantly, a brilliant community of fellow makers who have been so inspirational and supportive :)
0 Likes
Natalya1905
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
I just reached 10.000 sales! Words can't say how happy and grateful I am. :)

Thank you, Etsy, for the opportunity to reach all my wonderful customers.
0 Likes
modestly
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution
I have maintained uploading new designs of my handmade books in 2015 and am happy that my growth is on an upward trend - albeit very gentle and gradual! I have spent more time in 2015 trying to understand SEO and trying to engage with social media - this is challenging to me but I am getting there slowly.

From having attended a local meet up in Nottingham and being persuaded my books were worth selling, I have enjoyed more and more developing my making skills and collaborating for commissions.

It is daunting when you first make to commission, and they are time consuming - but I love the rapport you build and the genuine delight a customer feeds back when you become part o ftheir important event. I have made books as wedding proposals, and gifts to bridegrooms from the bride, and these are very special.

Etsy is more than a vehicle for selling, it has become an inspiration for me to develop my creativity as well as my networking!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I have achieved a major milestone. I'm no longer the primary caregiver for a seriously ill family member and I'm retired from full-time teaching. Finally I am free to focus on my shop and brand. It's so exciting to have arrived at this point in my life.

Until now my shop has been a back burner project. Now its cooking! I have a rebranding plan and one for a social media campaign. I'm about a week into the plans and it's wonderful to have clear direction to develop the shop. Etsy's seller education team has helped me so much. My goal for 2016 is to have a cohesive shop with a strong brand and professional customer service.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.