Hi there,

I am working on an article idea and calling on my favorite source for amazing seller tips - you!

As active team members, can you tell me how you found the teams that have worked for you? How did you search for them? How long did it take to find a good match? What role have teams played in your shop's development?

Can't wait to read about your experiences.

Thanks!
Audrey
EZCraftingStore
Inspiration Seeker

Re: How have Teams helped you?

When I first joined etsy a little over a year ago I really didn't know anything about teams or forums. I joined the success team and they were helpful. Then along the way, I joined numerous teams and there are a lot of nice people here on Etsy. One day I saw a question on one of the teams "Why aren't you getting found newbies?" by Alex. I found this to be very interesting. A few days later the Commitment team was formed and I was invited. This team is so supportive and helpful and just truly amazing. So honest, they tell it like it is and that is what really makes it helpful. The communication is awesome. It's like a whole new group of friends. I have learned so much and my sales have gone up and I feel that my shop has improved. I also try to help other team mates whenever I can. I really enjoy being part of the commitment team and the other teams here on Etsy. Anytime anyone has a question or even to just share some news the teams are a great place to go. Yay teams!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Etsy Success has played a big role in my shop's development over the course of this past year. I can ask a question here, and people are always willing to offer helpful links, guidance, and their own personal stories of how something worked/did not work for them and their shop. There is a true sense of community in this team (and other teams, too!), and we are all here to lean on each other.

This team is a valuable resource, and I am proud to be a part of it. If I have a question, I will search in the team, and sometimes the question has already been asked/answered by a previous post. It's reassuring when that happens, because then I know I'm not the only one going through a certain moment of confusion or frustration!

I have also greatly enjoyed teams that are cat and/or animal themed. Support on those teams is great as well, and some discussions have even lead me to new ideas for my shop! It's nice to be in a team with people who are coming from the same background, or have similar shop experiences.

Each team offers something different, and I am grateful that there are so many diverse team options to choose from: local teams, SEO teams, blogging teams, social networking teams... the list goes on! It seems like whatever I am looking for, there is a team that will fulfill that need!

The teams I am a member of have been found by searching for keywords in the team search area, or sometimes by browsing through members' team lists in their profiles. Other teams have found me and invited me to become a member. Sometimes a team will be referred to me by another Etsy seller as well.

Etsy teams are great resources filled with such talented (& supportive) people; I will continue to look for new teams, leaves ones that no longer match the needs of my shop, and learn from the Etsy-experts as my shop continues to grow.

=^-^=
0 Likes

The critiques and tips have been awesome, but most importantly I feel like I am part of a great community. This is a great team!

I have learned more in two weeks than I have in 6 months being on etsy lol
0 Likes
GracesFavours
Registered Buyer

I didn't join any teams initially and my sales, were quite low. When I started participating in a number of teams things really turned around for my shop. The teams all encourage promotion of your team mates products & shops, which in turn benefits your own shop. Now that I feel well established in a few different teams I am in a position to assist other sellers.

I have recently been involved in the setting up of a new team which has been really good for generating team morale. It's also really helped me personally as the process for setting up a team is the same in many ways as setting up a shop, so I have been performing a review of my shop in conjunction with the creation of the new team.
0 Likes

The first team I joined when I started on Etsy was the Alberta Street Team - it's great to have a local team that has lots of experience with local marketplace and online marketing from that perspective. My fellow team members have been so supportive and the collective knowledge on this team never ceases to amaze me!

The second team I joined was the Quiltsy team - specifically for support selling quilts online. This is a more chatty team, like being part of an online quilting bee, and very helpful in cross-promoting of our items.

I'm also a member of the Etsy Success team and go there when I need to be reminded that being an Etsy shop keeper requires being active online.

And the newest team I'm part of is the Commitment Team - there is a core group of sellers that are committed to helping team members with SEO, shop critiques and experimenting with ways to get our products noticed both on and off Etsy. It's always fun to pop in here as along with the serious stuff, there's always some fun happening too.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm involved in 3 teams right now. Etsy Success is always a good place for general info and what's happening.
Team Handmade is focused on sharing information, discussion & promotion of all things handmade, and the team blog is great.
But I admit that the one that has had the most influence on my shop is the Commitment Group. There is a ton of good humor and fun, but the core of the group is centered on each of us recognizing what we need to do to improve our shops' presentation, visibility and operations, then committing to take that information and DO something with it. There can be some tough love, but it all comes with useful solutions. The leaders and members that have shared great SEO advice have really helped me. I have a lot left to do, to implement what I've learned, but December was my best Etsy month yet, and I attribute a lot of that to the changes I'm making as a result of the Commitment Group's advice.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

teams have helped me a lot. in the beginning to get noticed at all and later to constantly improve my shop, to gain followers and admirers and to find people you can chat with, share your experiences, to help you get over hard times, when there are no sales. etsy without all the teams would not be half of the fun at all!
so on this way: thank you to all who shared knowledge, hearted items/shop, created treasuries, or had an open ear when i wanted to share something!!!
0 Likes

I'm actively involved in three teams right now - two on a daily basis and one that I'm still feeling my away around. I prefer active non-promotion teams where we can get to know one another, bounce ideas around and communicate on a regular basis. I dislike the teams that state they're for support but don't offer much more than post & run promotional threads.

My top two teams are the Etsy Success team, which has helped me immensely with SEO and shop tips. I also love my team members on the Forget Me Nots Daily Discoveries team. We have a dailly thread for chit chat, sharing a new item or two and general conversation. We also create team treasuries. Our leader recently created a team blog as well. The third team I belong to is called Etsy Contest. They have promotional threads, a monthly chat thread and other "help promote others" types of threads. I'm fairly new there but everyone has been very welcoming.

I'm the type of person who craves regular interaction with others. If I don't find that in a team I'll move on.
0 Likes
rhodyart
Registered Buyer

I can say definitely that in the month since I started doing Teams, I've felt more energized and more encouraged about selling on Etsy. I've been in treasuries, I've actually felt like I'm promoting myself better, and I have the support of people who are doing things similar to mine or who are in my area. And my last two sales were to fellow team members.

Definitely I love being part of teams
0 Likes

Etsy teams have been instrumental in helping me (even in the wee hours of the night when no one else is awake) to catch up on tips, tricks, or solutions to problems. I use the search function a lot to look for buzzwords and read up on topics.

I also think the changes to teams have been wonderful in the fact you can find a good fit. There's no obligation to stay in a team where it's not a good match, and to get the most out of it you have to find your niche team or teams.

I wanted to say thanks for making it so easy now, they sure have come a long way. BTW, I refer everyone to Etsy Success team and have links on my blogs and when I do shop critiques I tell them no matter what they should subscribe to the newsletter and join this team.

The secrets of success lie inside these forum walls.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

As a new shop my teams have helped me immensely!

I first looked for teams that also sold plush like I do. Then I found Etsy teams and finally landed on a few "success" based teams. I have found a local Denver team and we are all meeting in person this weekend for support .

I have been open since mid-November but have put a lot of effort & time into my shop, so I found my current teams within 2-3 weeks.

What role have teams played in your shop's development?
Teams have helped me do almost everything on here. I found a lovely Etsy shop owner to make my banner, icon & some other things I can't currently do on my own. I've learned so much about tags, titles and SEO (which I am still working on implementing). One of my teams just started an accountability group which is really helping me push for my goals and not letting them fall off to the side. I've found a blog to do a giveaway with, and learned of many sites I can advertise on.

Overall I don't know where I would be right now had I not gotten started with a few groups! I love the support Etsians give one another.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Teams helped boost my views a lot. I wasn't sure at the beginning how to join a team and how to stay active but when I joined few teams I started to know how they work. I have fun joining teams and engaging myself with discussions everywhere :D
0 Likes

I'm still a new seller - only been active for 2 months - and I'm sure everyone can agree that Etsy can be intimidating. I was invited to most teams I joined initially and searched a few others out. Before becoming an active member, I stalk threads until I really feel I have something helpful to add.

The Etsy culture is extremely community based, which is great b/c it makes selling on Etsy a little less daunting. I found that many of the questions I have, other people have too. Team members are great about posting links, taking the time to critique other shops, give very thoughtul & supportive advice.

I would go so far as to liken many of the Etsy teams to a very supportive & knowledgeable significant other. :-)
0 Likes

I am a member of many teams here, but the one that has helped me the most is ETK, and for an unconventional reason. While my team does provide a sounding-board for business related questions, the most important thing that the team gives me is friendship.

I work at home alone, all day long. Since finding my team, I now have a group of women (and a couple of men!) to chat with and laugh with throughout the day. We share our successes with each other, and we offer opinions and encouragement when we face personal and business frustrations. My team, and this group of people, has enriched my experience here on Etsy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I found the teams that work for me through recommendations from other Etsyians. It didn't take long to find a good match. I don't participate as much as I should, but the teams have proven to be a valuable resource.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh, "How have they helped me?" Mainly through SEO advice and references to other source material for Titles, Tags, etc.

Although, I will say that trying to utilize the resource of the SEO teams and Shop critique teams has proven to be almost as confusing as SEO itself.

The Etsy Success team has proven to be the most versatile and relevant to my shop so far.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.