Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome New Members (Introduce yourself here)

Welcome to Etsy Sales Success!!!

You've finally made it to the most thrilling Etsy team ever! This team is all about getting excited for making sales and improving your Etsy shop. We are all here for similar reasons and that's basically to run a successful Etsy shop.

This team is dedicated to answering those questions from the about section all of us have asked ourselves at one point in time. Through this team, our focus will be to share knowledge on all aspects of improving your shop, marketing strategies, tips & tactics, growing your business and lessons learned from personal experiences. Let's get creative and make those sales!

So let's get ready to hear that CHA-CHING!

To start off this topic of introductions, let me begin.

Hi I'm Amy! I have been an artist my entire life. The skills I have been so LUCKY to harvest came from the many mediums I got my hands on in the print and film industry, hair & make-up, cooking, painting, illustrations, mixed digital media, creative director, graphic designer, wedding & boudoir photographer... the list goes on and on. The computer changed my life creatively early on and it helps me continue to grow as an artist. For me ART is LIFE. NYC & Los Angeles have been called home but I'm a Jersey girl at heart, now living my dream in Hawaii with my best friend and husband, the love of my life. He is part of my daily inspiration and the support he gives me helps make this all possible. I LOVE evolving so today with the new digital and technology advancements, the new avenues and possibilities can be limitless! Blessed I am to be a digital nomad, passionately taking my ART everywhere and to everyone from all over the world!

Now it's your turn. Please share with us who you are and what inspired you to open an Etsy shop.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
178 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Welcome New Members (Introduce yourself here)

Hi! I am Muslim Penguin and I am a new seller on etsy. My story is that over my life, I have noticed I have a feel for design. However, my life has had some twists and turns, even some loops, and then finally, I decided, it is time to live my dream as a designer. I like to design many things ranging from accessories, clothing and even as far to home decor. I am in love with needle crafts, and fabrics. I call my first accessory line "Beyond Looking Classy" because I want people who wear my designs or use them, to look way beyond what people call "classy". It might be a notch higher than "classy" as I like to think of it.
And I joined the team for help with pricing items. I am still new at how much I should price an item.
0 Likes
Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to the team Muslim Penguin. Glad to hear you're finally living your dream as a designer. I have just started this Team so please bare with me as I start adding more threads here for discussion, including all about Pricing.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I am Carolina Jobbagyi and I am a fairly new Etsy Shop owner. I love crafting and did Crocheting, Embroidering, Knitting but my real love is Jewelry. I was in a fast and very busy career in Health Insurance Administration until my health took a dive. I no longer could work my 12 hour days 7 days a week. I am home trying to manage pain, mobility and anxiety.

I then remembered how much joy I got out of creating Jewelry and decided to get busy with it. I found Etsy on the internet and said to myself, "That's It !!!
And the rest is history as they say. Now I am anxious to learn more about how to get my shop noticed and make people come to my shop to purchase the perfect gift for someone.
0 Likes
Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to the Team Carolina! I am anxious myself too to learn more about everyone here as we pave our way to a successful 2014. There will be more to come regarding threads on Marketing and getting noticed so stay tuned.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi All :) Im Toni and I make handmade Soap and a few other natural body products. Its a hobby at this stage as I have an almost 1 year old, so time can be hard to find! Hoping 2014 will be a bigger and better year for my Etsy store ;)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone, my name is MaryEllen Holdbrook. I make jewelry for therapy for my hand and fingers. Have been diagnosed with RSD. I love etsy there are so many crafty people all over the world and so many are so supportive. It is wonderful to hear the stories from everyone. I am so blessed to have Etsy in my life.
0 Likes
Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to the Team Toni and Mary Ellen. Glad you two can join us. Toni I hope it will be a big year for us all as well. Mary Ellen I love that "therapy for my hands and fingers".
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi my name is becks, i haven't had my shop open long an feel im struggling so hopefully this team will help. i have always had a creative side as i like to sing and dance. i use to make cards before i went travelling Australia in 2007 and then on to NZ. i came back last year and worked but thought if your going to work you might as-well do something you enjoy :) look forward to talking to you all and making loads of sales xxx
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

please feel to join my group too,not just cards :)
0 Likes
Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to the Team Becks! I totally agree, work on something you love and enjoy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My name is Shawnna. I have always loved doing creative things. I write, I did crochet until my shoulders wouldn't let me, I sometimes embroider, I do bead embroidery, and lately glass art. I swear there is a fairly natural progression to everything that I have done, but it is too lengthy to go into. My shop is basically graphic images for glass art use. I make a strict point of locating public domain items to use in my collages. So far I seem to really appeal to the geeks of the world. Which is fine because I am one big geek myself.

However I am really hoping to try to go to school and learn more. Everything I have managed so far is through trial and error. I have no background in graphic design but I love what I work on. Thanks all for the invite.
0 Likes
Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to the Team Shawnna! Glad you can join us. I totally get that feeling of "natural progression". I just consider that as constantly evolving which is always a good thing.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

"natural progression" certainly keeps one from getting bored. Thanks for the invitation.
0 Likes

My name is Michelle. Raymond, my husband and soul mate, and me run and create works of art for our shop Sweveneers. I mainly work in the medium of stained glass, sewing and the occasional crocheting. Raymond draws, paints, and is learning glass work. Personally, I have been doing stained glass for over 4 years. Even though you will see mostly sun catchers, I am capable of designing and creating panels. They are just more costly to make and harder to keep safe while waiting for them to sell.

Feel free to check out our store, Sweveneers.

Michelle
0 Likes
Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to the Team Michelle! Thanks for joining. It sounds like you and your husband are a great artist duo.
0 Likes

Hello! I am a stay at home Mom to 3 boys. My creative passion has always involved color and design in one form or another. Once I discovered quilting and the endless possibilities, I was hooked. I continued to work a "normal" job that I did not enjoy for years of my life, all the while freelancing and dreaming about "someday". Then I experienced the life changing experience of unemployment, divorce, and cancer all at the same time. I started perusing quilt design as a career, and I've never been happier. My Etsy shop has been a wonderful tool, enabling me to sell patterns directly to customers, and I also enjoy selling vintage sewing finds, too. It's lovely to meet you all.
0 Likes
Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to the Team Jennifer! Thank you for joining.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone here!
My name is Lingle, I am keen on combining modern fashion with classic silhouettes. Some of my friends and me are good at integrating different types of charm, and then show it by various costumes.
We just hope friends all around the world can share some Chinese traditional dress with us. Sometimes we collect other people's excellent designs, sometimes we create new item based on our own inspiration. Maybe making clothes is not our strong suit, but we always try to make our designs looks better than the one before.
Thanks to understand that I've just graduated from my college in 2013, there are soooooo many things I need to learn from you. As a normal Chinese family form, of course I need a stable work to support my father and mother's living. Although I do not have many private time, I will still try to do something I like. I will put some handmade knitting scarves in the near future, since knit scarf is one of my hobby.
The best things are hardest to come by. I am convinced that there is no best, only better.
Sincerely hope everyone here can enjoy the items on my shop.

I am Lingle from Meetyou.
0 Likes
Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Welcome to the Team Lingle and thank you for joining!
0 Likes
BUnitVintage
Registered Buyer

Hey everyone! I am Lisa and I have been blessed with many talents including knitting, crocheting, jewelry design, and basic sewing. I have recently started to "repurpose and upcycle" things that would normally be placed in the trash to help reduce waste and let "trash" have a new life and help people create and organize (more items to come soon!) Also wondering if I should have one shop for jewelry and one for upcycling? I have been making jewelry since I was 5 years old. I just don't know how to market effectively. Also if someone could chime in on what you see my target market as being right now that'd be helpful. As you can see I am trying to work on my shop. I hardly have any traffic and only 2 sales! Please help!!

www.etsy.com/shop/lidakotadesigns
www.facebook.com/lidakotadesigns
www.pinterest.com/dakoskel
0 Likes
Artfanaticus
Inspiration Seeker

Hello Lisa and welcome to the Team. That's a good question so hang in there as I get a thread going on that topic.
0 Likes

Hi! I'm excited to have joined this team. I do watercolor painting as well as digital illustrations, and opened my Etsy shop in 2013. I sell originals, prints and, occasionally, greeting cards. I do a mixture of fantasy paintings, vignettes and landscapes inspired by my travels and my imagination. Nice to meet all of you!
0 Likes

Hi,
My name is Shulamit Raanan
I am a polymer clay artist, an art teacher living in Israel.
Glad to be in this great team.
Wishing you all luck and success!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I am Clara from Seattle. I just had my shop opened 3 days ago. I always have passions in knitting and finally I had my own shop for my small knitted goods:) Looking forward to talk to you all and hopefully I will have my first sale soon
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.