Former_Member
Not applicable

Now that we have a few members, lets all post the questions we have!

I started my shop a few weeks ago and have made only one sale! How long have you had your shop and have you made sales yet?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
37 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Now that we have a few members, lets all post the questions we have!

I have had my shop for a little over a year and have yet to make a sale.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've had my shop for about a month without a sale.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I started my shop around June.. but been quite busy so never listed anything until just a few weeks ago.. I haven't had the time to sort out and commit to my shop yet so that's probably why I don't have a sale..plus still not sure how paypal works!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/how-to-set-up-a-paypal-account-outsi...

Just go here to set up a paypal account. It shows how to step by step.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi. I started my shop in June and unfortunately haven't had a sale yet. Wondering if I joined Etsy too late in the game or if it's just the time of the year when people aren't buying as much. I've been active on different teams and doing everything I can to get noticed, but it doesn't seem like enough. I'm feeling a bit discouraged.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am in the same boat as many of you. I started my shop a year ago, but was only able to start listing items last month.I've been joining teams and circles, trying to promote myself without success so far. But from what I've read, it takes a while, a couple months at least. I've been told craft shows are a must because people can see your items in.person and it can help build a following, so I am going to be doing my first next month. Best of luck and happy selling to you all!
0 Likes

Hello All,

Its nice to meet and greet with you all. My shop has been here for a little over a year and I've made close to 30 sales so far. I specialize in divination/dowsing pendulums for spiritual and intuitive use.

I started last June and didn't make my first sale till the middle of September. Don't get discouraged. It does take time for people to notice you and develop a following. Some of the things that have helped me is that I've done a Facebook Page, Twitter Account and Pintrest. For me they've been great at putting my name out there and getting people to recognize my product. Also the more products that I add the more views, hearts and sales I tend to get. Also if I notice that something has low views, hasn't sold in a while etc. I play around with it some and change photos, or alter tags and titles to see if that helps. I've noticed that even with a changed word or a fresh new photo of the product does wonders.

As all of you get more familiar with Etsy and your shop you'll notice your own unique ups and downs. For me the weekends are dead but Mon-Fri are big days for me. So I tend to replenish my shop as well as add new items on the weekends so they will be ready for my shoppers. The summer is also crappy for me not sure why and my biggest months are Oct through about the end of April and that's when things die down for me. Use your quiet times to create new products or come up with some fresh new ideas. Also play around with your shop, rearrange things, play with titles and tags etc.

@Joanna-Craft shows are a great idea, make sure you have plenty of biz cards and marketing for your product. I personally haven't done one yet, but working on it. There is someone that I know who does them and we started our shops at about the same time. She sells candles, soaps and things. She has roughly 10 times the sales that I've had.

Also don't be afraid to experiment, Try anything once with your shop, hey if it works great if not you know what not to do.

I hope this gives you all some insight! Please don't get discouraged, once you make your first sale it will all be worth it! Happy selling and many sales to you all!!!
0 Likes
TracysDesigns
Conversation Maker

I opened my shop here a few years back, but had a really hard time selling, so mostly went back to listing on ebay and artfire.

I just decided to give etsy another try about 2 months ago, and have made 2 sales, which I am really excited about. I think etsy is more well known now, then it was when I tried before.

I'm hoping more sells will come my way, and everyone else's way, too!!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just fell in love with your store! Especially good shoes, I am telling everyone about your store. Good luck!
0 Likes
lunarescape
Inspiration Seeker

I've had my store since last March, and I've only had 2 sales. Then again, I'm selling a lot of original paintings and that's tough enough as it is. I've gotten into making smaller, more affordable paintings and even greeting/holiday cards. We'll see how that goes in the next few weeks. (:
0 Likes

Started my shop about two weeks ago. I have not made one sale yet....
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Started my shop a week and a 1/2 ago and no sales yet....hoping and praying for sales so I can continue being able to afford crafting
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've registered here in 2009, but my shop started working only 2 weeks ago. I do tresuries every day, join teams, add new listings, promte my page on fb, but haven't sold anything so far. Maybe we will discuss ideas how else can we promote our shops?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

my shop is a week old and ive made 1 sale ive been so busy redoing and reading all the help pages that i havent had time to make more items for my shop so any ideas are welcome
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! I opened my store in October of last year, and I've had 4 sales - three of which didn't occur until this year! I'm hoping for great things for 2013 :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I opened in October but really had not anticipated how much product I needed- then switched from crochet to fabric due to season changes- I have had 8 sales but know if I had more items it would probably be a bit better! Production is a problem right now being it's only me but I just finished a class on starting an Arts & Craft BUSINESS & realize I have to approach this as a business from here on- NOT A HOBBY!
Would love to start a thread on what I learned if that's ok Elizabeth! :-)

Karen
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Oh, my! I am so relieved. I was disappointed with my sales until I saw some haven't had any for months.

Etsy is like anything else. You get out what you put in. My mind is made up to make this work, so I am constantly looking for new ways to promote, improve, and drive sales. If you open a shop and have little inventory, you will have few views, and few sales. IfcWalmart had 10 things in the store, how often would you go there? Whether we like it or not, Etsy is retailing to the creative taste. As shop owners, our job is to market to those tastes.

Dream big, improve often!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone,
I opened my shop in may. I made a few sales to a family member. I feel a little discouraged but am trying to be more active in teams and promoting items. I don't like to promote myself in person so I think that might be one of my problems. I am pretty busy so don't have time to do craft fairs or farmers markets.
Good luck to everyone and wishing you sales and success on Etsy.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey!

My names Hännah and I'm a new seller on etsy. I feel a little lost. Dose anyone have any good tips for getting your shop noticed and increasing your views? I would love to get a sale but right now ill settle for some views!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've had my shop about a week. No sales yet but hopefully the first one will be soon!!!
0 Likes

We have had our shop since the end of 2011 and only 14 sales.
0 Likes
LoriJDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Hello I have just opened a shop in the last week, still trying to figure it out. I have posted my items to craigslist, pinterest, and of course facebook. Good luck to all of you look forward to sharing if I find something that works.
0 Likes

I have had my shop for a year and a half now. The sales that I have made are mostly from friends and family. I sell more of my items on my Facebook page. I have heard that you should have your items in more then one place in order to sell more. I find that it is more time consuming to keep listing, updating, treasure, follow and tag then it is when I owned my own store front business!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My shop is about one month old and I've made two sales. I expected it be much better, the birds sell well in a physical shop, I figured if I also have a webshop sales will at least double. But they don't and I'm not sure if I can wait until they will.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.