Former_Member
I started my shop a few weeks ago and have made only one sale! How long have you had your shop and have you made sales yet?

Re: Now that we have a few members, lets all post the questions we have!

I opened my shop in 2009, but did not really become active until 8\13. I have had a little over 400 sales. I think a lot of my success is selling a product that is hot right now with kids and adults. That would be Rainbow Loom supplies and creations. I've had sales in my other categories, but not like that! My daughter and I discovered the craft last summer and we both are passionate about it. I think promoting helps a lot. I went a few weeks without a sale. Then I joined a couple of teams, and whoa! Keep trying everybody! I continue to work on my listings and pictures. I also had a fellow etsy member write our "about me" and shop info. She did a great job! If anybody wants her info, let me know.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

I'm in the same boat as many of you who have posted here. I started selling in February or March and have had only 2 sales. They were back to back on the same day which was cool, but weird and since then crickets. I'm so glad to know that there are others who are the same page and I'm really happy to read some of the comments listed here by some of you who have been doing this awhile and know how things work. Thanks everyone, I really enjoyed reading your posts!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I started my shop back in early May, no sale so far, despite all the interactions, promotions, contacts with followers. I'm thinking on closing down this shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Natosgi:

You do beautiful work! Don't give up!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you Elizabeth Valentino for your encouragement. I feel all I do is spend my time & energy promoting, connecting to people, helping others sellers as well (I believe in good karma) and very little time to do what I like to do most... making jewelry, thanks god is spring time and my garden gives me enough stimulation to create. I'll hang on for a few more months before closing the studio for good ...let's see what happens.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello. I am new to this team and came here hoping for help as well.
Although I have had my shop since 2012, I have only sold 9 items. I have sold much more at fairs and to people I know but I want to sell more on Etsy.
I was told when I started it usually takes a while. There must be thousands of jewelry makers on here so filtering through is rough.

I have put some money out and done some Ads on Etsy, 3 total. They are pricey but it gets your product out further into the community and I think it has helped a bit.

However, I AM looking for some help in how to pin my jewelry onto other boards on Pinterest!
0 Likes
TruetoOne
Registered Buyer

How many hits do you normally get on your sites?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have been open since August and have had 3 sales. I am still working on getting my photos up to par. They look pretty bad right now.
0 Likes
TruetoOne
Registered Buyer

I've had my shop for about 7 mos. and have made 14 sales. It is very sporatic, but just before the holidays made probably most of my sales. Since this is not what I rely on for my living, it is simply a joy to be able to match people to items they really enjoy. My advise is don't be discouraged. Be patient.
0 Likes
TruetoOne
Registered Buyer

Oh, and the photos mean ...a lot! I keep tweaking mine.
0 Likes
TruetoOne
Registered Buyer

Oh, and the photos mean ...a lot! I keep tweaking mine. I really like etsy's new listing tools.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi All,

I opened my shop last year, no sale since. I had done everything as far as promoting in every social media, no sale. It's hard to keep your chin up when there is nothing else one can do to bring a single sale. '-(
0 Likes
CountryCharmArt
Inspiration Seeker

Started shop in late February. Scrolled thru other shops every day, try and join teams related to the art I produce. Asked friends on facebook to share my etsy shop. That got 30 hits in one day. Made one sale in March. It was quite exciting to see. Etsy makes it so easy to transition thru the sale and send a note when $ is in account. My favorite part was them saying "Congratulations, You have your first sale!". Did ask client how she found the item on etsy and she said she did a specific search. This can help when tagging items. Good luck with sales!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.