Former_Member
Not applicable

There's a lot to learn about becoming an Etsy member.

Hello All, Being new to Etsy, (I joined in late July) I couldn't help being both apprehensive and feeling like I was "DROWNING IN A SEA OF ETSY" (I love the name you've given your team! BUT...Who left the 'N' out of DROWNING?)
I know it's like being afraid to get your feet wet when you know you have to swim! You have to jump right in!

BUT!! I made my first sale last week and that did wonders for my confidence. I was elated! Nevertheless I'm still unsure if I did all that is required before and after the sale. I think I'm lucky that my first customer is an Etsy shop owner. Even though it was an international order, I think it went well. It feels weird that the buyer knew more than the seller in this sale!! I'll know I did OK if I receive any feedback.

I'm finding the hardest task right now is getting things finished to list in my shop. I'm spending all my time just rambling around Etsy trying to learn how it's done.

I'm glad to be aboard and I'd like to know how some of you 'got your feet wet'!

Joanne Bierling, Earleville, Maryland

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: There's a lot to learn about becoming an Etsy member.

Doing the same- bought the book- "Etsy for Dummies"- haven't even had time to open it!
Best advice- focus on production as much as you can!
More products- more views- then work with your team!
More clicks, faves & connections- more sales!
I've done everything backwards- LOL! But am loving the challenge & the journey- so hang in there!
Karen
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: There's a lot to learn about becoming an Etsy member.

I was wondering if anybody knows how to write a price and then show that it's on sale with the sale price next to it? I've seen them all over, but I can't figure out how to do it... Help please!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.