Introduce yourself

Whether you have been part of the Etsy Denver team for two+ years or two minutes introduce yourself in this thread. We hope you scan the intros often to find collaboration opportunities on projects, promote each other and buy from each other to boost local small business first. Keep it pithy, even linking to outside about pages for more info. Good luck and use #EtsyDenver out there on social media!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
123 Replies

Re: Introduce yourself

We are David and Julie Sandusky. Julie has been designing and creating wedding invitation as JS Design for more than 10 years and started Idea Chic for retail business. David had executive recruiting and brand strategy companies working with small business and helping Julie when needed. Idea Chic took off thanks to etsy and Pinterest and finally our own site at ideachic.net. David shut his business down and last year and Julie minimized the JS Design projects to very exclusive projects and now focus on filling orders and growing Idea Chic. Here is our about and press page:
http://www.ideachic.net/pages/about-us

As we expand our product line in home decor the best opportunity for us to collaborate is in furniture and other home goods manufacturing. Let us know! We are also opening Idea Chic retail stores and looking for unique space and people nation wide.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Julie and David

Thanks so much for this introduction. We just joined and are really excited.

We run a cool vintage shop called Nikita & Vesper. We are two sisters, with two styles and ONE GOAL - To stock best vintage fashion we can find.

We update this shop with new finds every few days.

In addition to our obsession with vintage (because it is so darn good for the environment) we also sell ethical fashion from designers around the world on our website at: www.nikitaandvesper.com

Pleased to meet you all.

Send us an email if you'd like to collaborate and/or work on reciprocal treasuries!

My Best,

Courtney Montague
Co-Founder

https://www.etsy.com/shop/NikitaandVesper?ref=l2-shopheader-name#
0 Likes

Hi, I just joined the group and I'm new to Etsy. I draw sketch cards and offer custom mini portraits, custom paper dolls and altered Magic Cards.I'm actually new to all of this - just discovered that I can draw people! Yay!

I have a day job teaching Adobe products (Photoshop) but love my new hobby. I want to make a little money to so my very expensive markers can pay for themselves!

I have no idea how to market or get people to my shop or anything. Any advice would be great, thanks! :)

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi!

I make eco friendly jewelry out of aluminum soda cans, recycled sterling silver, and washi origami paper. I do this part time and work in clinical research full time. Denver is such a great city for artists and crafters, and it's nice to be part of a team that supports that!

I'm looking forward to working with all of you!
0 Likes

hello everyone just joined the team! I make bags, some handpainted also colorado flag hats childrens clothing bibs ect. I make my patterns as well.
Nice to meet everyone here!
0 Likes

Hi everyone! I'm Delight and I make crocheted beanies and crochet patterns. I love Colorado so much that I named my shop Denver Whimsy. I have Colorado flag beanies, Broncos beanies and Colorado Rockies coming soon!

I also write and design my own patterns. I blog every week about crochet tips and how to crochet a beanie. :)

You can learn more at my site below.

https://delight-iverson.squarespace.com/about-ba/
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Fellow Denverites!

Can I just say...I'm SO thrilled to be part of such an amazing network of creators, curators, collectors, and artisans....We really have it made here in Denver, don't we?

Anywho, I'm Linda and I'm the owner of a small, upcycled--handmade-- estate jewelry shop called Chainsaw & Co. If you're interested, take a sec and read about who we are and what we offer. Also, please checkout my new line Scrap--I think you'll like it--Many thanks & warm wishes!!!

~-merry rarities for the nifty-~

With all of the fabulous shopping venues for vintage and handmade jewelry, I'd like to take a minute to share with you why Chainsaw & Co. is particularly unique...For starters, all of our vintage items were salvaged from small-town Texas estate auctions and were handpicked based on each item's exclusivity, quality, and mystique. We've spent hours cleaning, refurbishing, and mending these well-loved pieces, and we're VERY excited to pass them along to you!

In addition to offering specialty vintage pieces, we believe that our main selling point at Chainsaw & Co. is the individuality of our handmade items, which are constructed with vintage/estate components (i.e., beading, chain, stone, findings, etc). This technique supports eco-friendly upcycling AND it ensures that each item is truly one-of-a-kind in its design and ingredients. We also provide specific details in each description, in order to make certain that you know your item's distinctive history...

To go one step further, C&Co. guarantees that once our vintage/estate components are used in the creation of your handmade piece, they are never re-posted, repurchased, or replicated and when we say "one-of-a-kind," we really mean it. Yeah!

Thank you for your interest, PLEASE be in touch, and as always, Happy Hunting! :-)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Denver artists, it is a pleasure to have recently become a member of your beautiful community. I create musically inspired and earthen adornments from up cycled guitar and bass strings. Any musical string can be used in creating signature bangles, hoop earrings, rings and necklaces. Heavy gemstones and glass beads are wire wrapped in intricate and unique designs to create Jewelree.
I love making custom pieces and have had the pleasure on multiple occasions of personalizing bridal sets from bride's fiancée's strings, which is a super special and personal keepsake that I hope to one day create for my own big day. If you have strings of a loved ones, your own, or maybe one of your favorite bands and would like a wearable keepsake made feel free to contact me! I do not charge for customizations and encourage them on any order. I actually give a discount for sending me your strings to use!

Here is a little info on my Colorado craft show debut location below, sited from the event website. Please stop by and introduce yourself!

VALVERDE BAZAAR POP-UP OUTDOOR MARKET

Recently voted Denver’s Best New Flea Market by Westword, this Pop-Up Market brings together emerging artisans and small independent Colorado businesses selling a diverse mix of vintage, antique and hip handmade products. The market has expanded to over 70 booths and food trucks setting up shop in the outdoor space of Eron Johnson Antiques, surrounded by our garden and architectural antiques.

Free Admission
Food Trucks
Live Music
Street and Lot Parking
On-site ATM

1-DAY ONLY

Saturday May 17 2014
9-4pm

https://www.etsy.com/listing/100417176/turquoise-and-honey-double-woven?ref=shop_home_feat_4
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello All!
Brand new to the group, opened my etsy shop a few months ago, and also a new Denver transplant.

I started by creating greeting cards and have moved into prints and soon jewelry -- most with a boozy theme or a nod to Mid-Century culture.

I'll keep this short - please check out my shop, and then scoot on over and like me on FB - that would be awesome!

http://thegirlsgotsoul.etsy.com

https://www.facebook.com/GraphicDesignandMoore

Looking forward to seeing all of your items, and hopefully seeing you around town!
Jess
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Team,

I'm Jen and Sheepy Shoes was born in January of this year. It's my second Etsy shop (My first one is AspenGlowCreations). Sheepy Shoes offers dozens of different colors of upcycled wool and cashmere baby booties, toddler slippers, and ball stuffies.

I live to create in my new little home studio - it's all I want to do. I adore working with my upcycled wool and cashmere! The texture, colors, patterns, (*sigh*) are amazing and endlessly stimulate my senses. If only it weren't for eating, taking showers, cooking for my family, and occasionally cleaning my house, I'd get so much more done in my studio! ;)

Here is an article I was featured in on a neat blog, Lotus Be Barefoot:
http://lotusbebarefoot.com/2014/04/15/sheepy-shoes-keeping-little-toes-happy-10-at-a-time/

I will soon be featured on Propinsanity.com as well, I'm so excited. Their beautiful site promotes all sorts of photography props, mainly for babies and children.

Here's my FB page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sheepy-Shoes/650119968364653?ref=hl

I will be at Thorntonfest on May 17th and at Sweet William Market all summer. These will be my first outdoor shows, which of course makes me nervous, living in crazy-weather Colorado. (wish me luck!)

Thanks for checking out Sheepy Shoes! I look forward to our teamwork, Denver Team! I hope we can support and encourage one another as we develop our dreams with our businesses.

:) Jen
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!
I'm fairly new to etsy. I work at making leather goods. I've been doing it for about ten years and am just now starting to try to sell my stuff. Would love to get some favorites of my shop and I will favorite yours in return!

I started doing leather work in 4-h and won a couple of ribbons for my projects. I someday would like to make a saddle! That is my ultimate goal as a leathercrafter!

Thanks, JT
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there!

Tiffany Anderson here. I am so excited to be in a group with local Denver artists. So much talent in the Mile High City. I make jewelry and knit hats. I would LOVE to break into the craft show scene this fall! Anyone want to split a table with me?

Tiffany
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Denver - Hope everyone is having a great summer! My sister, Lindsay and I started Heather&Hide last fall. We create authentic handbags from leather remnants we buy from the furniture and upholstery industry. Thanks for listening :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I am Amy Rothmeyer, I own haircouture89. I make headpieces,facinators, wedding veils and some wedding decor items. I love in Loveland co. I am from fort Morgan co. I opened my shop around february of this year. I have a passion for everything millinery and fashion.
I make custom orders as well as what is listed, convo me for a private listing!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Haircouture89?ref=si_shop
0 Likes

We are a husband and wife team (Meghan and Ryan), and moved to Denver about a month ago. We moved here for Meg to take a job, and now Ryan has taken the business full time!

MR Brick Designer started in Jan 2013 making fun functional LEGO (r) housewares and accessories. Some of our best selling items include lamps and picture frames, but we offer many more items.

We are thinking about breaking into the craft show market here and would love some tips of good shows. Many people see our items and automatically jump to children, since we use toys, however we think many of our products have a wider age range appeal.

Please check out our social media presence!
www.facebook.com/MRBrickDesigner
twitter @MRBrickDesigner
www.mrbrickdesigner.com

Thanks! Looking forward to being active members of the local creative community.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Greetings from Aurora! I have made hot-process and cold-process soaps since 2011, and we moved from the southern states in 2013. All of my soaps strive to be made from ingredients that (aside from the lye necessary to turn it into soap) any Torah-observant Jew would not hesitate to put in their food. This also means that they are vegan, as they are all-vegetable. :)

My bars are also cut larger than the typical bars of soap that I'm seeing in other Etsy shops, so should I cut my bars down to size? I like them the size they are: JUMBO.

I look forward to seeing (and hopefully enjoying) your craftings!

Peace and Shalom!
KS
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, i just opened my shop on etsy. I have been sewing since I was very small. Currently I have fabric greeting cards for sale. I am working on some Denver inspired quilts as well.

I am also doing some writing, and I have some other cards for sale here: http://harazhandmade.indiemade.com/blog
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hey, everyone!

My name is Hugh and my best friend and I have been running a handmade necktie, bow tie, and pocket square company for a little over a year now. I just moved all of our inventory over to Etsy in an attempt to increase our reach. We have just recently release a new line of bow ties that utilize fabrics bought from local, growing Denver businesses. We're really excited about what we're doing and would love some feedback! I have links to our website, facebook page and Etsy store below. Thanks in advance!

Hugh

himclothing.com

https://www.facebook.com/HIMClothingLLC

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HIMclothing
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! We are John and Kimber and the creators/designers of DONK Shop. We have 5 teenagers between the ages of 13 and 18! John and I love to crochet, sew and many other crafts. We recently moved to Colorado when my job brought us here.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone! I'm from Denver and just opened my Etsy online store. I specialize in making jewelry using fine semiprecious gemstones, pearls, suede lace, silver and gold. Making jewelry is a newfound passion of mine, and I look forward to the connections I'll make through this business.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/197493625/semiprecious-red-goldstone-and-genuine?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/197480178/semiprecious-purple-stones-genuine-gold?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/197542637/elegant-handmade-semiprecious-black?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Denver!
I am Marlena, owner of All InDaStitch, a custom embroidery company.
I embroider anything I can get in a hoop, or on a hoop From shirts to tote bags to towels to umbrellas to hats.
I have a large family ages 1 to 16 and love to get new ideas and trends from them, especially my teenagers!
I have not sold on Etsy before and am excited to get started. I also am looking forward to getting to know the Denver community here and finding out about events and networking opportunities.
Thanks for the read :)

www.etsy.com/shop/AllInDaStitch
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello. I'm Mary Jane aka MJ.

I'm a Colorado Native, Wife, Mom & Grandma. I'm looking forward to retiring someday but in the meantime and in my spare time, I'm enjoying my creative side. My interests includes Metalsmithing, Chainmaille and PMC. I really enjoy working with Silver. The shiny finished products are very rewarding. My other creative interest include Quilting, Sewing, Cross Stitch, and Beading.

Hand crafting jewelry is in my blood. My dad was a jeweler. Both my parents worked in the business, met in the business, married and then opened their own jewelry store. My dad was a perfectionist and that trait was passed on to all his kids.

I opened my Etsy shop just last March. I'm excited to be part of this team. Please take a look at my shop. Any advise is very welcome.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MJsJewelryAndSuch?ref=listing-shop-header-item-count
0 Likes

Hi!

I'm also new to Denver and new to Etsy. I'm working on revamping my shop, but there aren't enough hours in the day! Does anyone have a high quality local printer they use for stationery goods or prints? I'm struggling to find one that I like.

Thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi we just joined the team. I'm Joe and together with my wife Jenn, we run AK Mercantile in Castle Rock. We build a number of unique items for your home from old and new materials. We've had an Etsy shop for about 18 months but really have just put effort into the shop in the last 3-4 months. What a learning experience!

I would love to get feedback on our items; photos, descriptions, costs, everything!

Thanks!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.