Former_Member
Not applicable

What design program do you use to complete your patterns?

Just wondering what software you guys use to do your patterns and if you like them.
I've been playing around with a couple trial versions and am trying to decide which one I should purchase.

What do you use?
Do you like it?
Did you try other programs?
Was your worth the cost?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: What design program do you use to complete your patterns?

Hi! I use PC Stitch and have done for years and years. There are a few things I'm not fond of with the software but for the most part I like it.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I use PC Stitch also and have been using it for several years. I'm very happy with it; it has a lot of great features and is easy to use.
0 Likes

I use PC Stitch

I do really like it, mainly because it is very simple to use are there are a lot of useful features which make designing patterns easy! Cons I have found is that there are a couple of features I would like it to have (just to make things easier) and also I don't really find the lettering in it to be that great but they're only minor complaints really.

When I was shopping around for software I did try a few trials and this was the best software I found.

It was definitely worth the cost! I've well and truly made more money from my patterns than the programme cost to buy so I'm happy with that!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm using Cross Stitch Professional Platinum, I've only been using it for a few weeks but so far so good :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I use PC Stitch, and I love most things about it. My only issue is, whenever I use the Text feature, even when I've designed my own alphabet, I get a "Copyright DMC" on the pattern. Has anyone else been able to resolve this issue? I'm hesitant to list patterns in my shop which have this on there, because it makes me feel so unprofessional. Any ideas?
0 Likes

I use cross stitch programs to get the shape and rough idea of the pattern. Then I make the pattern, changing colours as I stitch it, to get colours right. I use a DMC colour card chart with yarn for matching. Then I make up the whole thing in InDesign using the PDFs from cross stitch programs and my photography. It's a lot of work, but I'm used to doing it this way.
0 Likes

I use PM Patternmaker. Never having tried anything else, it works for me, or I'm just used to it. Most of my patterns were designed by hand on graph paper. I actually stitch the piece off of the sketch, then put it into my software. I'm still waiting to see if it was worth the cost.
0 Likes

I use PM Patternmaker, too. I bought a consumer version at Hobby Lobby and upgraded to the Pro Version through the company's website.
It's an alright program. Gets the job done! It was work the cost to me.

Interesting that a lot of you sketch first. I've tried that and didn't like it at all! I do all my pattern making through the program. As I'm actually stitching it I'll go through and make adjustments as needed.
0 Likes

Hi,
I use cross stitch professional programme. Before this, i used STOIK Stitch Creator. Both are good.
0 Likes

Hi,
I use mac stitch!!!but now I am looking for a program to create chicken scratch embroidery
(broderie suisse), can you help me?? thank you!
0 Likes

I started out with a fairly basic package but a couple of years ago I upgraded to Cross Stitch Professional Platinum by DP Software. I downloaded their free trial first to see what it was like and I was very impressed. Their customer support is also very good.
I often start with paper and pencil to see if I like the idea first.
0 Likes

Hi Ladies - I've only just stumbled across this group!! I have run my own website selling my cross stitch kits and sewing supplies for the last 10 years and recently brought my designs to Etsy. I use Cross Stitch Professional and have done for about 15 years. It works brilliantly most of the time - I would however like to have my logo and company name on the thread organisers which is only a feature of the platinum range and spending an extra £200 on top isn't really worth it!!

Wx
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

MY opinion:

for illustrations Cross Stitch Professional Platinum
for photos: Pattern Maker
0 Likes

I have used PC Stitch for years. I really like its ease of use. I would like it if there was a way to add a frame view at the end of the design. A program I used years ago had that feature and it was great.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.