Former_Member
Not applicable

What would you like to get out of our team?

Many team I've seen are mostly focused on getting stores and items favorited and little else. Although this can be useful, I'd like our team to be more than that.
I'd like to see us put this team to use supporting each other, giving advice, asking questions, and helping each other better our shops and items.

So what would you like out of this team? What threads would you like to see?
You can answer here or if you want to start a thread with a topic that interests you, please do!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
8 Replies

Re: What would you like to get out of our team?

Something that I feel could be useful is information about copyright and trademarks.

Without naming any names, I have seen many cross stitch pattern shops that sell patterns based on trademarked figures and copyrighted artwork. These patterns clog up generic searches and negatively affect the visibility of shops that sell original patterns.

Perhaps a thread about what is ok and what is not? Some information about trademark and copyright rules, public domain, commercial liscenses etc. etc.

I am sure new sellers could be unaware and think because so many people on Etsy do this, it is ok, but it is not and this team could be a platform to educate sellers about this topic.

It is also interesting to find out or outline what our rights are in terms of the original patterns we make, what kind of copyright we have, and how we can take action if someone infringes on our copyright.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

That's a great idea Alyssa. I must admit this is pretty confusing topic for me. I tried to look into it a little a few weeks ago and learned a little but some of it still hard to pin down.

Do you have some resources? Although people can post their ideas... I'd love to find some facts/laws/etc. and then we can expand on them and how they apply to more specific cases.

Alyssa, since you explained the issue so well would you mind reposting your comment as it's won tread so we can run with it?
0 Likes

Hi All, I have seen this IP issue all over the place too. It's a bit sad that a lot of audience comes on Etsy to search for "Disney" and other stuff, I think people do it because it is much harder to get found for original items. From what I have read, best thing to do about it if it annoys you is report shops to the actual companies - then they pressure Etsy to remove shops etc.

Besides that, I would love to have a discussion thread on whether your audience prefers software patterns or hard stitched patterns.....could be interesting to find out more!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Pippa... Please feel free to start the software patterns vs. hard stitched pattern thread as I don't know much about that!
0 Likes
mistycat1234
Community Curator

Hi, Blossom-

Promotional threads are wonderful, IMO.

Also, threads that promote Etsy tools, like the current options for printing Etsy gift tags, etc. would be most helpful,

Also, inspriational threads would be great, such as a link to non copyrighted image threads.
0 Likes

Could we perhaps create a group Pinterest board? I have only just started getting active on Pinterest but I get a few views every day!

We could create a shared board and pin our patterns on there as a way of promoting? A board with lots of different contributors seem to be more popular.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think that's a great idea Alyssa. Do you know how to set up a group board? I've never done that.
0 Likes
RinStitch
Inspiration Seeker

I'm new and I communicate through Google translator. what you need to do?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.