Browsing through the members list of our team and looking at all your lovely shops, I started noticing we are a very diverse group of shop owners. Some of us have been on Etsy for years, others are just starting off and have yet to make their first sale.

Experienced sellers, let's share our stories on making that first sale with new shop owners. We all know it's that one magical moment, just that one sale, we're all eagerly waiting for when just starting out on Etsy.

So let's share!

It doesn't matter whether you only had a couple of sales or hundreds: please share your 'first sale' experience so new shop owners can be inspired.

Here are some questions that could help share your story with us.

- What things did you try to make that first sale? Share your hustle!
- What effort do you think ultimately triggered it?
- How much time passed between opening your shop and making that sale?
- What lessons did you learn from making that first sale?
- If you could do it all over, what would you do differently?
- What is your best piece of advice for new shop owners?
- What do you think is the best path to follow in order to get that first sale?

I can't wait to hear about it!

- Deb
laurtho
Post Crafter

Re: How did you make your first sale?

I think it's really cool you have a goal! I will try and do the same :)

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Wow, very useful information! I have just opened my shop, hope to have that precious first sale soon! 

0 Likes
laurtho
Post Crafter

My sister was my first sale :)

Still trying to figure out how to get more sales...

I think this post will be very helpful for me!

1 Like

I had my first sale !! I am pleased to!!. Already wanted to close the store, completely desperate. But here is the first sale. It inspired me !!!

3 Likes

Congrats on your sale. I remember our first sale being so exciting. Let this be inspiration and momentum for more sales to come!!!  

2 Likes

I started my shop in June of this year and had my first purchase within a month. These past two months I've been receiving a bit more traffic in my store and its so exciting. The products in my shop are mostly targeting the sonography community, hence my audience is a bit limited. However, there are some products that other health care professionals could actually relate to as well. 

Here's the link to my shop, any feedback is welcomed :) 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Sonography101

1 Like
AIMCE
Inspiration Seeker

I started my shop just recently, about 2 weeks ago. I think I was quite lucky, because I had my first sale within a week. I was so excited! I didn't expect it to happen so soon! I didn't do anything in particular. I think I was just lucky that this person found me through Etsy search.

Good luck everyone! 

3 Likes
SofineJewelrys
Inspiration Seeker

It ’s been a long time since I opened the store and an order came in. I ’m very happy. I ’m continuing to do seo optimization, promotions, pinterest, and paid advertising. They are effective but have n’t met the expectations.

@workyourart wrote:
Browsing through the members list of our team and looking at all your lovely shops, I started noticing we are a very diverse group of shop owners. Some of us have been on Etsy for years, others are just starting off and have yet to make their first sale.

Experienced sellers, let's share our stories on making that first sale with new shop owners. We all know it's that one magical moment, just that one sale, we're all eagerly waiting for when just starting out on Etsy.

So let's share!

It doesn't matter whether you only had a couple of sales or hundreds: please share your 'first sale' experience so new shop owners can be inspired.

Here are some questions that could help share your story with us.

- What things did you try to make that first sale? Share your hustle!
- What effort do you think ultimately triggered it?
- How much time passed between opening your shop and making that sale?
- What lessons did you learn from making that first sale?
- If you could do it all over, what would you do differently?
- What is your best piece of advice for new shop owners?
- What do you think is the best path to follow in order to get that first sale?

I can't wait to hear about it!

- Deb

2 Likes

Hello everyone! I just started my Etsy store. I have a few questions to ask. 

Is anyone using Etsy advertisement? 

If yes, how much do you spend on average?

Do you advertise every of your listings or selected ones?

I am still very new and waiting for my sales. Would appreciate if someone can guide me along.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like
PottyPeopleShop
Inspiration Seeker

I just opened my shop 3 weeks ago and I’ve had one sale from a friend. I am super excited to have my own shop.

3 Likes
1940bridal
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Deb,

Thanks for posting this- all the replies are super helpful for me to read- well done everyone (and good luck Eliza :)).

I'm Rebecca a new shop owner as of dec2019!

Other than sales by friends/ from my own personal account i haven't actually made any real sales yet.. I create bridal headpieces- which takes time. I understand the pricing could be seen as high for some buyers however this is based on the time and materials used to make these unique items. However i would really appreciate everyone's advise on anything i need to be doing to improve my shop. I'm very active on Instagram and just started facebook. However i'm not getting the same interaction on etsy. Really appreciate everyones honest advice- thanks in advance- Rebecca x

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/1940bridal?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

0 Likes
AFairyTaleShop
Inspiration Seeker

I don’t have any sale yet, but I also only have 10 items in my shop. I know the more items you have greater the chance to be found. Wish me luck.

1 Like
speleolife
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, everyone ... my store has been open for just over a month. I haven't made my first sale yet and I think I have a very specific niche and I don't know how to be visible to buyers ... I'll keep trying

0 Likes

Hey guys,

I just started my shop about a week ago, but still no sales yet. I think it may be because the prices of my work is a little high? Every item is an original piece of art that I made myself. I priced the acrylic resin art at $1 per square inch, which is pretty standard I think? Is that around what you guys price your resin art at? Let me know what you guys think. Should I do a flash sale of 10-20%? Do you guys seem to have better luck with sale items? Thanks for your input. 

Sincerely,
Benjamin

0 Likes

Hello everyone, I opened my shop in 2018. I have made 5 sales so far. I got good comments. I make all of my products myself. I'm sorry I couldn't sell enough. I don't know how I can do this. Do you think the price of my products is high?

0 Likes

I've been selling handmade jewelry on etsy for about a month. I've had 6 sales, all to friends and family driven through facebook. No one is finding my shop through searches and I'm working night and day to improve everything I can...reading blog after blog. I'm drowning in the confusion of social media, no one follows me on Pinterest, and I have already been action blocked on instagram for liking too many things too fast(like 10), I'm stuck on 63 followers, mostly friends and famity and all I really want to do is make things! Help! Check out my shop, I'll do anything to make this happen.

0 Likes

Just joined etsy,and i need to know if I'm doing it right.haven't made any sale yet.

1 Like

You have beautiful items in your shop! I'd say write more description on each item, and add more information on your shop policies. Also write something about you. Good luck!

0 Likes

I got my first sale last night! woo! now a couple more to be profitable lol

1 Like

I started my shop a few weeks ago and haven't sell anything yet  

I feel I need some advice and feedbacks, not sure what I am doing wrong

Check my store if you have a chance! 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GabrielaJewelryShop

Best,

Stay healthy and save.

-G

0 Likes

Hi everyone I just opened my shop a couple days ago I'm still adding my crafts I'm so terrified that nobody will like or buy my crafts and also shipping that makes me nervous I'm literally doing this all by myself my husband is not helping and I don't have a lot of friends or support need encouragement help

My

0 Likes

Hi everyone, i just recently reopen my shop. I have sold some items in the past but not a lot. Im hoping i will have some luck again. Good luck to you'll.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I opened my shop the end of last month and the first sales got last weekend!
It seems that my customer could find the product by Etsy Ad.
I have been happy that it will be useful in her life.
Let's get through this together for our important customers!

2 Likes

I just recently opened my shop about a week ago, but haven't had a sell yet or get many views. Not sure whether I just need to keep adding items and see what happens? Any advice would be appreciated

2 Likes

I made my first sale around 1 month after I opened my shop in January this year. 0 sale, 0 review, and someone decided to buy a bracelet from my shop. I'm so grateful for that first customer! I made a mistake about shipping, but he was so nice when I contacted him, and he still left a 5 star review. As of today, I have 39 sales, yes pretty slow, but it's getting better. Good luck, everyone!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.