Former_Member
Not applicable

Welcome! Introduce Youself!

Hi everyone! I thought I'd start a thread where you can all tell us a little about yourselves.

I guess I'm starting us off...

My name's Karena & I'm co-founder of Craft Cult (along with Julian). I take care of the design side of things, as well as user-interface & product development with help from Julian.

I'm an artist & illustrator, & have been selling on Etsy since early '06, but my shop's been closed for some time as I've been so busy - but this year I'm relaunching my shop & blog!

My preferred media are dip pen & ink, printmaking, collage, digital & mixed media.

I think that's about it in a nutshell. Now it's your turn... :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
132 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Welcome! Introduce Youself!

Nice typo in the title! I meant YOURSELF - duh! :P
0 Likes

Hi, I'm Julian. I founded Craft Cult with magicjelly in 2008, after starting it as the Heartomatic on majaba.org earlier that year. Some of you might remember Majaba!

I do all of the tech type stuff such as server admin and programming in addition to planning new features. If you ever have a question about using the site or notice a problem, I'd love to help with it.

I'm a glassblower, mainly doing lampwork beads and marbles, and have had a shop on Etsy since 2007. It's been closed while I've been busy with Craft Cult and taking a break from glass, though! I'm hoping to re-open this Spring.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi I'm Alana and I just recently opened my shop on etsy called flirty gems. I used to sell retail and had a big website but have scaled back mostly due to having my third baby. I wanted to still sell my jewelry but in a smaller more fun way that did not stress me out so if I only had one pair of a certain earring I could just sell that one instead of having to make 30 pairs of the same earrng which stiffled my creativity. I've been published in some big mags like brides and seventeen but now I'm restarting my business and it seems everything has changed print is gone and now everything is blogs and Twitter which I know nothing about so I'm hoping to learn from you guys! Any guidence or input is so appreciated!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Flirty...you might find this useful. Especially the section on "Getting Found".

http://www.etsy.com/storque/seller-handbook/the-21-best-resources-from-the-2010-business-blogosphere...
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm here. I love craftcult :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! My name is Alpha, I work with Larimar and Dominican Amber. I love Craftcult also, as Karena and Julian might noticed.
Glad to be here.

thanks
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thanks magicjelly I am still a bit confused but I did land on a blog today someone was talking about my etsy shop so I guess thats a start.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi I am Donna - I make fused glass and fine silver jewelry (with PMC). Sometimes I make a little bit of home decor with the glass. I enjoy using my kiln, and find working with glass and PMC very relaxing.
0 Likes
PaperHarborCo
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, I'm Suzy.

Mostly a scrapbooker and paper goodies gal, but venture into other things as well. I had an online business, an ebay shop, and an etsy shop about 3 years ago, but I was homeschooling and had baby number 4. It just got to be too much.

But now I'm back. Opened up late jan, still no sales :( getting nervous, maybe I lost my touch!

0 Likes

Hi, I'm Jan. I'm a costume designer in NYC who also makes jewelry - started out using the beads and buttons that I had been hoarding over the years after reading about Etsy in The New York Post in 2006. I have 2 shops on Etsy and am on Artfire after trying out Dawanda and other online venues. Etsy has been my best selling place, though sales have fallen since 2008, but I was caregiving for a relative and and wasn't paying much attention anyway. Now I can give my full attention to my businesses and will be taking my shop in new directions.

I still have those jelly cards that I bought from you, MagicJelly - they're way too pretty to use! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Colette.
I design patterns for plushies and digital stamps for DIY collage projects. I found Etsy in a magazine and Craftcult about a year later. Both have inspired me to improve my "just for fun!" shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Everyone!
My name is Jane and I have recently opened a new shop called Little Pipsqueaks. I make infant shoes. Also have another shop called Paintings by Jane which features my nursery wall art.
Being a mommy is so inspiring!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello everyone my name is Tami, I live in the U.K and i just opened my little shop here on etsy.
Gretel Creations - a handmade amigurumi kawaii felt plushie & cute crochet shop - Selling cutable critters and nifty niceties made from my own designs. I am a mum-to-be and I am fully enjoying the creative flow that impending motherhood seems to bring. Nice meeting you all.
Tami x
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi craftculters.
I'm Katrina, and although my shop is geared towards gold wedding bands, I love to craft. I think I may open up another etsy shop one day, but for now I am working on this one project. I love seeing all the creativity here on etsy, and I think craftculters especially have a great eye for it!

-Katrina
The Celtic Knot Jeweler
celticknotjeweler.etsy.com
0 Likes
nenafaye
Crafty Poster

Hi, I am Nena, I run a fun, crafty and very time involved art form shop! I try to have a variety of items for sale, and am still struggling to get that sale a day goal met! Any suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks craftcult for providing such a great service to all of us! ♥
0 Likes

Hello! I'm Megan. I have a degree in fine art and work during the day for a performing arts center in Oklahoma City. On weekends, I teach beading classes - I have been in the beading business for about 11 years now.
Any smidge of spare time I have amongst all that, I create the odd pieces of statement art and some jewelry. Right now, I'm on a food kick :)

This is my second go at an etsy shop, and I'm trying to make good with it. I just began involvement on their forums when they were more or less switched off, so I hope to make a good start with the teams section.
0 Likes

Hi Magicjelly and the Craftcult team! I'm new to the team (just joined last night) so would like to introduce myself.

First of all, I want to say that I love your shop, Magic. Even though you're on vacation, I peeked at your sold items. Wonderful mix if funkyness!

O.K. Here goes... My name is Janice and I live in a little city in NE Florida, USA, -- Neptune Beach... with my husband and two very spoiled, very sweet, very crazy cats.

I make jewelry mostly... but occasionally sell prints or ACEO's. I love all styles of art, but have a fondness for retro, vintage and funk! I enjoy working in pen & ink, colored pencil, photography, watercolor, collage... and on and on...

I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Here are my links. I have facebook too, but haven't really pefected it yet...
http://ideasinc.etsy.com
http://ideasincjewelry.blogspot.com

Janice
0 Likes

Hi Julian... I had not read far enough into the thread. Wanted to say hi to you also, as cofounder of Craftcult. Love your shop also... and peeked at your sold items. This one caught my eye:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/8740016
0 Likes

Hi!
I am Erica and I started my Etsy shop in October 2010. I am still learning how to get the shop's name out there, and have been having loads of fun doing so. I enjoy making resin pendants using my own nature designs, and I recently began offering hand stamped cards using stamps that I have carved from my own designs. I am trying to integrate the two worlds by offering resin pendants with the same hand stamped images. I do all of my Etsy work on nights and weekends since I have to work to support my crafting habits. :)
0 Likes
shufflestudio
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, I'm Cara and I make lampwork beads. I love to play with fire, and I love running an internet shop, although its hard to keep up with the changes sometimes :)

Craftcult is the whip, so thank you so much for creating it. I am looking forward to much awesomeness in this team :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi to the group.. I am from Ireland and have a new online supply shop here.I work from home.. I have other etsy shops but I have had to cut back due to health reasons..so this is my new path..My Motto..Quality and Affordable.I am offering Millinery, Bridal, Crafting,Sewing supplies. Tasteful list of fabrics.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi!
I'm Aubree. I started Bustling Blossoms in July 2010. I make headbands, hair flowers, jewelry, and other accessories. Still fairly new to internet marketing but slowly getting the hang of it!
This is a great team! I love craft cult and use it all the time! Thanks guys for such a helpful, useful site!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi I'm Laura and I live in a suburb north of Chicago. I opened my Etsy shop in September 2010 and feel like I spend more time researching how to how have successful shop than actually creating lately. I sell a mix of handmade and vintage jewelry. The necklaces I make tend to be chunky multi strand choker style necklaces. I like to collect vintage earrings and brooches and sometimes incorporate them into my designs. I haven't had any sales since the holidays and it's a little discouraging.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello to everyone my name is Lou Ann my husband and I just started our etsy shop in December 2010 and have been having a lot of fun with it. We're still learning how all this works. We make jewelry, key chains and other things from the river rocks we find and polish and from wood (mostly from juniper and cedar). Our motto is handmade items at an affordable price.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.