Former_Member
Hi everyone,

Today, we added the ability for you to offer free shipping to your buyers using calculated shipping profiles!

Now, you may elect to either "Offer free domestic shipping" or "Offer free international shipping" below “Shipping services” while creating or editing your calculated profiles. See how that looks in the main calculated shipping help article here: https://www.etsy.com/help/article/6131

When you offer free shipping for an item, it will show as the default shipping method on the listing page. You may continue to offer all other shipping services, if you like. Buyers will have the opportunity to select them in the cart and will be charged accordingly.

If you choose to offer free shipping for your items, it will be up to you to determine how to ship them, as free shipping is not associated with a specific mail class. Items that have free shipping will not have their weight, size, or handling fee calculated for orders.

We look forward to hearing how free shipping works for you! Please share your feedback below.
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Re: New "Free Shipping" Option

Thanks Mike! You're on the ball today. Haha. ;)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi again,

Thanks for your patience! We fixed the issue where you were unable to create a calculated profile with *only* free domestic shipping as the shipping method.

Connie - we tested on our end and things look good, but please let us know if you have any more trouble.

Thank you all for your super helpful insight, as always!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Mike, I was able to eliminate all shipping classes from my key ring profile and just leave Free domestic shipping. It tested fine with both FC and Priority. So it's working great now.

I believe that Connie is okay leaving her International shipping options because they won't cross over into Domestic shipping options anyway - correct? She just needs to eliminate any domestic shipping options.
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Thanks so much Mike and Kathy!

Kathy, what do I need to eliminate in domestic shipping options? Some of my items will go FC and a few others are over 1 lb.
Do I eliminate all domestic shipping options?
0 Likes

I just tested 3 more of Connie's items again and it's doing the same thing.

item with FC sh is showing $2.57.

Add 1 free sh item and it jumps to $3.29.

And 2nd free sh item goes to $4.01.

Is this because Connie has all classes of mail for the items with Free sh?

Free, 1st class, Priority and express all show up on a free sh listing.

0 Likes

Kathy, just tested a few of your items too.

Now this is what came up.
I added 1 free sh item (showed up $0.00 for shipping,
Added another free sh item, showed the same $0.00 for sh.

Then I added a item with shipping (FC only since it didn't give me another option).

I is showing up as 2 orders on my checkout page.

I'd need to checkout for the 2 free sh items then checkout again for the item with shipping.

Is this how it's supposed to work, 2 separate orders, 1 for free sh items and 1 for items with shipping?
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Thanks again Pat for testing this for me. I'm getting more confused as the day goes on.

I realize it's a small amount each time but that could turn a buyer off when it says Free and they're charged.
0 Likes

Connie I agree....if I see an item with Free shipping and another item with shipping of $2.59 I wouldn't be happy if I put both in my cart and it is telling me it's now $3.29....I'd know that 1 item is not shipping for free if I have another item in my cart.

Kathy I just tried a different combo...and if I were a buyer I'd be very confused....

Kept the same 3 items but added a Priority item.

This time the Priority AND the 2 Free sh items came up on one order to checkout for all 3 (did not add any extra shipping)

The item with the FC sh came up on a separate order by itself which I assume because it only has a FC profile attached.

Why would Priority combine with the 2 Free s/h items but the item with FC does not combine with the 2 free sh items?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Pat, how long ago did you test? I did eliminate the other shipping options. It should not show 2 packages at all. Weird. I'm going to test again.

Connie, you should eliminate all your domestic shipping.
0 Likes

About 5 min ago. right before I posted.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just tested again and it's working fine for me. Pat maybe you tested before I changed it.

Now the rest of my shop is all screwed up again since they "fixed" things. But this seems to be working.
0 Likes

Put these 2 items with Free sh:
Keychain Ambrosia Maple and Cherry Wood Key Ring with Secret Compartment 22 Handmade

Keychain Ambrosia Maple Wood Key Ring with Secret Compartment 20 Handmade

Then I added this item:
Lemon Pound Cake Scent Mason Jar Candle 12 Oz Handmade

And this item was put with the 2 Free sh items.
So maybe it's ok....

I'm confused and I don't even offer Free sh.......

I haven't tried a FC item with the free sh items again.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You're confused? I hear that Pat! You might have tried it before I fixed it. I think it's working now.
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Kathy from WoodcraftsandCandles says
Pat, how long ago did you test? I did eliminate the other shipping options. It should not show 2 packages at all. Weird. I'm going to test again.

Connie, you should eliminate all your domestic shipping.

No shipping classes at all? OK. I'll try that. Company's coming but I'll be back soon. Wow, what a time we're having. LOL.
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Now I'm getting the red bar. Did I understand that right? Eliminate all domestic shipping classes from my free US shipping profile? I'll be back soon. :(
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Connie, yes, I have no shipping at all on my profile now (I don't do International) and it let me do that now.
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Thanks Kathy. I deleted everything including international. Duh. Just re-added FC international and Priority international. I wonder why you can have no shipping classes at all and I have to have one? Must be for international that I need that. Guess I better check a few things.

Thanks for the help. ;)
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Grrr, I added one item with shipping, 5 items with free shipping...all was fine at $9.07. Then I added 1 charm with $2.57 shipping and it came to $10.37. (?)
One more charm with $2.57 shipping and it jumped to $16.44 and is using parcel select.

I'm lost now.
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Took the charms out and it went back to $9.07. Either it put the charms in a separate package (maybe 2 separate packages) or something is messed up in my figuring.

I wish there was a way to see what's going on in packaging without the buyer seeing it.

0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Only solution I can come up with is to offer free shipping on the charms. LOL.
What a fun time I'm having. Haha! :D

But also wondering if the weight will be added even with free shipping? Just thinking out loud. Somebody smack me please. ;)
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Got that done so hopefully that will solve that problem. I think it would be great if there was a small diagonal banner that announced Free US Shipping on our items that the buyers can see and that we can also see when we edit listings.
Just a thought.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Connie from CookieGrandma60 says:

Only solution I can come up with is to offer free shipping on the charms. LOL.
What a fun time I'm having. Haha! :D

But also wondering if the weight will be added even with free shipping? Just thinking out loud. Somebody smack me please. ;)

Hi Connie,

If the item with free shipping is in a multiple item order with another item that does not offer free shipping but the two items share a mail class, that mail class will be used for the entire order and the weight of both will be used to calculate shipping costs.

Here's my post from earlier today with more detail: https://www.etsy.com/teams/23557/calculated-shipping-prototype/discuss/16256161/page/4?post_id=27332...
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Thanks Mike. Yes, I remember that now. Just wondered why it jumped from $10.37 to $16.44 when the extra shipping was only $2.57.

But I get it now since it was all going parcel select. Appreciate the help. :)
0 Likes
CookieGrandma60
Conversation Maker

Kathy, I just checked your shop again and things are looking right in the shopping cart now! Great news. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Connie I'm glad you got yours figure out too. I had to go take a shower and soon it's going to be a glass of wine. My head is ready to explode. I'm just hoping Mike can help me with my bigger problem with the flat rate boxes. It's been another fun day in CS land!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.