This will be the thread we'll use to announce Buffalo Etsy Team meetings, post doodle links to select the best dates, and to post agendas and meeting minutes. Look for more information here to get the latest news on meetings. We hope to see you soon!

Re: Buffalo Etsy Team meetings

Jump to solution
We will be announcing a special holiday promotion opportunity at the next team meeting on Monday, October 7th (6pm, Corner Bakery at 1551 Niagara Falls Blvd, side meeting room). Attendees will receive the heads up and added benefits so it pays to attend. Details will be announced a few days later on the Etsy Team discussions page.

We encourage you to attend this meeting as it may be our last. We will not be able to continue holding our free meeting room reservation at the Corner Bakery if we don’t have solid attendance. If this happens we may likely organize monthly networking get togethers, but no formal meetings. Please respond to the WNY Artisans event invitation on Facebook to attend. If there are topics you’d like to see discussed at this meeting, please convo me.

FYI – Etsy is also hosting a Holiday Bootcamp that starts October 7th. Details are here:
https://www.etsy.com/blog/en/2013/register-for-holiday-bootcamp-2013/?ref=fp_blog_title

The Bootcamp is via email so only those that sign up will get these emails.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
New member here....not familiar with meetings such as these and just wondering what I should expect? Anything I would need to bring if attending?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Some people bring laptops or ipads but its not necessary (the Corner Bakery has free wifi). You could bring a notepad to take notes if you'd like. Other than that, just come and you can get some food and they will bring it to you in the meeting room.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
New members are ALWAYS welcome at our meetings. We typically start the meetings with a round of introductions - so don't worry if you don't know anyone yet!

The meetings are simply a GREAT way to meet other local sellers and "talk shop". We typically cover a variety of topics (shop promotion ideas, social media, 'new happenings' with Etsy, craft shows, holidays, shipping/tracking, etc) You are more than welcome to bring any questions with you! My first couple meetings I had a LOT of questions about how to start promoting my items and walked away with some great ideas each month.

Many of our members participate in craft shows, and some even sell locally in B&M stores. Our team members are sort of awesome in that there is a LOT of information that they're willing to share. =)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Sounds like a nice group of people....and a lot of useful information. I wish I could have made the meeting last night, but I was sadly down for the count with a migraine. Hope everyone who went enjoyed it. Look forward to talking more with everyone here in the group.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
The next meeting is October 7th so I'm not sure what you missed this week. A reminder - if you want to get an invitation and reminder for Team meetings via Facebook, sign up for the WNY Artisans FB page here:

www.facebook.com/groups/222820504470721/
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Just bumping the thread a bit =)

Members: don't forget to put the Monday, October 7th meeting on your calendars! With the holiday season right around the corner, we'll have tons of great information to share this month.
I got a sneak peek at the meeting agenda, and if you're looking for ways to promote your shop and increase holiday sales - this is a CANT MISS meeting!

As always, new team members are always welcome. Feel free to let us know if you'll be joining us!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I would love to attend the meetings, unfortunately, my work schedule doesn't permit it. I hope there's a great turnout.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Looking forward to seeing all team members tonight (yeah, its going to be a rainy windy evening but the Corner Bakery has great soups and probably hot cider!) We'll meet at 6pm at CB located at 1551 Niagara Falls Blvd, Amherst in the Joann's Plaza. We welcome new members and longtime members who we haven't seen.

We will likely focus heavily on the new Etsy policy changes, and our exciting new plans for a holiday promotion. Attendees will receive significant benefits and insights so we encourage you to be there!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I actually will be there.. with a sore swollen thumb.. but be there.. just got stung by a bee while mailing orders.. ugh.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
We met on October 7th and held an excellent meeting with a much higher turnout. Everyone in attendance was able to speak up and help plan the Team Holiday gift guide promotions that have begun.

Come to the next meeting to discuss how this is working and to help us plan the next phase of holiday promotion. Additionally, many of us are reaching out to local media and others who are eager to help us promote this team. So put Monday, November 4th 6pm on your calendar now!!

We'll meet again at Corner Bakery, 1551 Niagara Falls Boulevard - yes, next to the new Trader Joes!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
This is a reminder that the Team will be meeting next Monday, November 4th at 6pm. We meet at the Corner Bakery at 1551 Niagara Falls Boulevard in Amherst (in Burlington Plaza, now next to Trader Joes).

We will discuss all things holiday promotion - and those that attend the meeting will be given first dibs on planning the next round of gift guides. A lot if being planned and there's a lot to discuss about the biggest selling time of year - which has already begun!! If this is your first holiday season on Etsy, I encourage you to come to the meeting and learn from others.

And as always if you are new, please attend and feel free to ask questions. There are many people willing to help you out. See you Monday!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Unfortunately, I am a little under the weather and couldn't make the meeting tonight. Can someone post notes from the meeting? Thanks!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
We had a great meeting on Monday and I "think" we'll be posting some notes soon. It was great to see so many new faces!! Keep it up!

The next meeting is Monday, December 9th at Corner Bakery on Niagara Falls Blvd at 6pm. At that time, the management will notify us of a policy change to using that room. Its possible we may have to pay, or ensure that everyone orders an item of food. We will discuss that at the next meeting so I encourage you to attend if you can!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
When will the notes be posted from the November meeting?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm not sure if Carla took notes (or anyone else) but the bulk of the meeting was about discussing the gift guides promotion and the scheduling/ procedures. Several new members attended as well so we had various welcomes and introductions. Conversation came up about Etsy Local, international shipping tips, and holiday craft shows. No one expressed interest in a Black Friday or Cyber Monday promotion (tagging) on Etsy). All efforts are now on gift guides and treasuries. Some ideas were discussed about team activities after the holidays - a craft night, materials swap, team challenges for examples.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks for your post, Sara! I was going to reply with just what you said. Our meeting was great, and very focused on the gift guide promotions. Everyone was so enthused about the promotions! I think Mary even posted the first GG thread that night!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks for the updates. Sorry we have not been more active members lately but our Mom has been in and out of the hospital since June. She is doing better. We thank God every day for her and the time we have together. We use this forum as a way of staying in tune with the Buffalo Etsy team. Great job! The gift guides are fantastic....Have a great selling season everyone!

P & P
0 Likes

Jump to solution
We've missed you Pam and Paula! I hope your Mom is doing OK - and you should spend as much time as you can with her. Our next meeting is Monday December 9th at the Corner Bakery. Lets keep our fingers crossed that their new meeting space policy does not require us to pay for the room. They will tell us then what their new room reservation policy is.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
NEXT BUFFALO ETSY TEAM MEETING - Monday, December 9th 6:00PM at the Corner Bakery at 1551 Niagara Falls Boulevard in the Burlington/ Joann's Plaza.

All new members are welcome and encouraged to attend! The Bakery management will inform us of their new policy for reserving the room, so keep your fingers crossed they will not be charging us. Otherwise we may have difficulty finding a new meeting space.

At this meeting we'll likely spend some time talking about how everyone's holiday sales are going, the gift guides, and other recent activities. We'll make sure to devote some time to introductions of new members, and challenges people are facing. If you are able to attend, please consider buying at least a cup of coffee or soda - it will keep us in good standing with the management. Hope to see you there!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Do I dare say I will be there??? Everytime I do something stupid happens....send me good vibes and maybe I shall appear!! hee hee
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight! Can I make a plea that if anyone has any small amount of packing peanuts that you don't want (even a small bag), could you bring them? I'm dangerously low.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Sara, I do have some foam, bubble and air pocket type material. will that work, or do you need the actual loose peanuts?

Looking forward to the meeting and hearing about everyone's holiday sales and shows!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'll take whatever you have but yes, I do need the loose peanuts to fill in boxes. Thanks so much!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
We won't be able to make the meeting. Can I ask for someone to ask if anyone participated in the Buffalo Artists event this past week-end? There were artists at the Red Cross Building. Would appreciate if someone can ask since we can't attend. Thanks in advance.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.