Former_Member
Not applicable

Wah... I miss the forums

I hate to say it, but I really do miss the forums.

It was a great way to draw in some attention when I posted new items.
I find Im getting a lot less views and favorites now that Im not apart of the forum.

I hate being banned!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Wah... I miss the forums

I'm just the opposite. I went in them last night and it was the same old crap being posted. Plus, I love being able to see just my "good" views in my stats. I always had to back out my "team" views to see the views that really count. There are a ton of promotional and/or treasury teams you can join that helps boost views. I personally am only interested in seeing my organic views.
0 Likes

Sara, the forums were always a great way for me to draw in views, but they were only curiosity views. Folks would look at the shop and not the listings, and sales were next to nothing.

Now that I've been banned, views have dropped off the charts, but I've had more time to interact in the teams, and work on my google+ account. I very much prefer G+ to etsy any day of the week!

Definitely better off without the etsy admins playing their immature political games.
0 Likes

I think views from the forum help things. I think all views help increase your visibility on both etsy and google. I'm not an expert on these matters, so someone who might be, correct me if I'm wrong. The more attention to your shop, the better, whether those views are from potential buyers or not, I'm sure it doesn't hurt - further down the track it must help build up your shop. Lots of favourites, etc, make the shop look even better to a real buyer. Not being able to participate in the forums is a bit of a disadvantage with all that, I must agree.

I also agree that the forums do have a lot of repetitive themes and a few dim-witted posts going on, and most of the threads I saw yesterday looked pretty boring. I browse the forums for a bit of entertainment as well, and there hasn't been much of that lately. Plus there's a fair bit of useful info at times. Even if you're muted, you can still read what interests you.

Teams can offer some better quality conversations, that's for sure.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Funny part is, my sales have jumped up since the ban!
0 Likes

Oh well, forget what I said then, lol. Who cares about views if you're getting more sales!
0 Likes

Attention from forum postings can be good or bad. Whether it helps you gain a customer or alienate yourself, it's just a view.
My highest sales days have been some of my lowest views days.

Like Cathy said, who cares about views, I'm here to sell.
0 Likes

I'm seeing some familiar faces here. Never thought it would happen to me! I'm told it's for a week but I may never post there again. It's too hard to know what will & won't get flagged. I'm supposed to be making jewelry anyway, not wasting time there.
0 Likes

Oh Heather, surprised to see you here! I've never found any of your posts to be anything that should get you in trouble - I always enjoy reading them and hope you don't stay away from the forums completely. Though I haven't been there that much recently myself. I'm not muted, but I was was about a year ago for one week. I know what you mean about the forums taking up too much time though.

I'd love to be as prolific with the jewelry-making as you are. I love your work! I'm working on getting a lot more items in my 2 shops. So haven't been in the forums by choice lately.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

HI, Heather. What are you in for?
0 Likes

Actually as other mentioned I prefer my views now that I am not allowed to participate in the forum. I know that these views are not just looky look but somebody who is searching to buy! Glad I found this team.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.