SkiArtistry
Inspiration Seeker

Star Seller message response rate incorrect

I was dinged in my message response rate for not responding to a message from a buyer that I was having a discussion with already in a separate thread.  She was trying to figure out how to use the purchase protection program.  I explained she had to open an issue.  When she did, it automatically started a new thread.  In order to get the protection program to credit her purchase, 24 hrs must pass without a response in order to elevate it.  So Etsy dinged me for not responding but that is what I had to do for her to get her money back.  Please fix my start seller message response metric.  It should be 100%.  Thank you!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Re: Star Seller message response rate incorrect

Any first message, whether duplicate or not must be answered, so there is nothing to fix. You should have just said see other message, or even just marked it with a “.” Anything to answer it.

0 Likes

I would think it looks bad for you as a seller to ignore a help request. I have never dealt with one so maybe someone can chime in with a way to accomplish this without you not responding. And yes, all new messages, no matter where they came from, need to have a response or be marked as spam.

0 Likes

@SkiArtistry: "... 24 hrs must pass without a response in order to elevate it ..." A buyer can open a case 48 hours (and not sooner) after they have contacted a seller, regardless of whether or not the seller has responded. https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/5745586898199-How-to-Open-a-Case?segment=shopping

"... Etsy dinged me for not responding ..." As it says right on your Star Seller page and elsewhere, you need to reply to (or mark as SPAM) the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else.

"Please fix my start seller message response metric." Just so you know, even if Etsy Support or the Help Pages sent you here this is a seller peer to peer forum, and should not be considered a way to contact Etsy, if that is your hope (although Etsy does sometimes read and reply to posts).

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.