SToNZ
Post Crafter

Re: Silver and Gold, SIlver and Gold - December Chat

Terri:
Not sure what moo needs, but I think I use jpegs.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
SToNZ
Post Crafter

Moo guidelines:
https://support.moo.com/hc/en-us/sections/200572464

"MOO accepts a range of different formats. These are: GIF, PNG, JPEG, PDF.
"
0 Likes
SToNZ
Post Crafter

Just had a chat with a moo rep. Check out isn't working right now.
He said to try again in 30 minutes.
Yeah, I'll check back tomorrow.
:P
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

tomorrow for me too. Im going to order more stickers.

thanks for alerting me. id have been pissed to get to that point and not be able to complete my task.
0 Likes
SToNZ
Post Crafter

It's working now. I just checked out.
0 Likes
SToNZ
Post Crafter

And my graphics job is done!
Yahoo!
Maybe I'll get to make some new metal stuff tomorrow.
0 Likes
LauraStasa
Inspiration Seeker

I'm sorry to hear about your pup Chrissi. Meadow developed pannus when she was a few years old so I know what it's like to have to put in drops for life. I hope things improve for all your 4 footers soon!

And yes on the smudging. Just do it.

Thanks for reminding me about the Moo sale. I 'should' order more cards but i feel so spent out from ordering for the gallery. I feel just overwhelmed and the thought of having to order one. more. thing. is making me feel swimmy.

Even so, I was desperate for chain and decided to try a place called DownEast Trading in Vermont. They were clean out of the 18" rolo chain I needed so the owner offered to (get this) sub the 20" chain at the same price. Then, when I told him that that would be fine, I'd just cut them down and put on jumprings he told me that he felt he'd need to compensate me for that work and gave me another discount on them(!). So, I'm getting 20" finished chains for less than the 18" would have cost me. Hopefully they're good quality. If so, these folks are going to get a lot of my business from now on.
0 Likes

That's wonderful Laura.

Decorate or bench? Decorate or bench? Decisions, decisions....
0 Likes

Still have lights on at the bench but I think I'm done. The only decorating will be arranging dinner on a plate.

Next year I'd like to find a way of lightening the load a lot for the Christmas season. I'm over it already.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

It's called putting the shop in vacation mode when you have enough orders you feel done, simple. And it no longer affects your ranking when you turn it back on like it used to. Honest, you don't have to work 365 days a year, you are allowed to kick back now and then 😄
0 Likes

Holding off on vacation mode so far. Deactivating a bunch of stuff might be an earlier step.

It's made a bit more difficult from her because of the longer mailing times, see 'Amazon expectations'...
0 Likes

I just got the nicest feedback. *glows*
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

I'm liking vacation mode the longer I do this. Most of my friends on other teams stop taking orders by the end of this weekend and close up shop. I'm thinking Dec 10-15 sometime in there. Its just not worth the extra last minute sales, they always seem to be custom for some reason. And I don't care how easy they are to make, it boils down to it's just one more to do.
0 Likes

Good feedback is always a boost.

I'm already flat out to next Wed, and soon after that it's going to be too late to make and mail. Last year it was too much.
0 Likes

I'll be deactivating my made-to-order items soon and then putting the shop in vacation mode soon afterward. I haven't finished my Christmas shopping, I need to start my Christmas cards and decorating. Also my daughter and son-in-law will be coming for Christmas and I don't want to be working while they are here.
0 Likes

Regarding the question of what type of chair do we use at the workbench.. I use an office chair with adjustable heights- BUT also placed 4x4 pieces of wood under each leg of my workbench to bring the bench up in height It was ONLY then that my neck and back problems were alleviated. Hope this helps ;)
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Good for you Gayle. I may deactivate made to order next week, mid week. That's most of my shop anyhow. Right now I'm keeping pace but this weekend is usually when the avalanche occurs, at least in past years. Then again, I could be on Etsy's hidden list, who knows
0 Likes

Hi Laura, thanks for your input. I've been looking at adjustable height chairs as well.
0 Likes

Thanks for the new thread Wendy!

I wish I could give a coherent reply on the chair topic, but I just had to sit in a bunch until I found one that supports my lower back. I absolutely need that and in just the right spot. The perfect chair for me is just an old metal and vinyl padded kitchen chair.

I am tempted to put my shop on vacation sometime soon... But I am afraid it might hurt me down the road as it seems a lot of people are shopping and just getting seen often has nice rewards in Jan. and Feb.

Everything in my shop is already made, so making is not a problem, but I am about to cross a line where I am no longer considered a small business and I will have to register to collect GST or HST or whatever it is called... As most of my sales are outside of Canada the collecting and remitting part won't be much extra work, but I remember hearing the paper work is a nightmare. CG has reassured me it isn't and I hope that is true... because I really really hate paper work! And I tend to avoid new situations generally.

Almost enough to put my shop on vacation for a month to avoid it.

And a wheelbarrow of sales dust to share. Even though I am intentionally NOT doing all the things that perk up my shop (instagram posts and adding new things) I keep selling...
0 Likes

Dreia, nobody dislikes paperwork more than I. Registration for the GST/HST id dead simple, once a year filing around tax time, and you'll get money back since you can then use all the tax you pay on business expense stuff as an offset for the small amount you'll collect. Easy money.

I guess with chairs and benches the idea is to keep looking for the right set up until you get t.
0 Likes

Thanks CG

Have you ever collected PST? Is it as easy as that?

I guess I need to put my big girl pants on and deal with this as the other option involves trying to hide under a log for the next month...
0 Likes

Yes, I started collecting the PST only when starting on etsy. Only on sales to BC, it's a very small amount. I got them to reduce the filing to once a year. You get to keep the first $22 per filing period, and when I remitted a cheque for $.30 for a quarter I think they got the message.

Easy.
0 Likes

Put another way....my refund cheque for the GST/HST last year would pay for a Russian Blue....at the $450 price at least.
0 Likes

Ha... You have a nice way of making tax collecting seem cute and fluffy.

I have collected PST for decades and that is easy, thought the $22 for what used to be a summer of doing math was not worth it.

So... i guess I better register. As I am getting paid in US and the value of that varies I am not even sure when I will cross the line, but soon.

Thanks for the moral support! It is greatly appreciated.

New stuff... Shudder
0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

Lol CG. A cats worth of tax money.

Good morning.

It's great that you're doing so well Dreia!

My sales have dropped down to a trickle after deactivating my mad to order items. I might close soon, but I'm waiting for a possible sale from someone I convoed with.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.