Hard to believe it's September. Carry on.
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

Re: September Already? Chat Away.

Thanks for sharing Gayle! I'm not too fond of the baked variants but I might have to try them. Sigh.

Now I feel like baking cookies. It doesn't take much.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

W4LCOME BACK, SUE!
You were missed around here. Glad you are on the road to recovery, even if it's slow.
One of my 2 favorite gem sellers was at the Guild yesterday. Suffice to say, my bank accounts road to recovery will be only slightly faster than Sue's.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

morning!

off for a walk with my group this morning, at least it isn't hot
0 Likes

Good morning.
0 Likes

Morning! Heading to Northern CA to visit the youngest daughter and then we are heading to Redwood Forest National Park. See you all next week.
0 Likes

The roads IN Wilmington are fine - the main ones, at any rate. There will be ponding and flooding on lower, lesser roads

I 40, I 95, and NC 17 are closed. US 421 is open - we're getting delivery trucks in.

Don't believe the news - there's some pic of Anderson Cooper wearing waders up to his chest in water - he was knerling to fake the water height. His crew was ankle deep five feet away. *eyeroll*
0 Likes

Erin, you might want to watch this. The pic being circulated was not current. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQEtXWdID0k

In the current environment it has become very hard to tell fact from fiction. Things being circulated really need to be checked from multiple sources.
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

Hey. miracle of miracles. waves.

Glad folks are safe. Erin sounds like you didnt fare too badly. Came to see how the storm was on folks... and - wow. chatties are back.

Hey Sue! Nice to see you around.

other than that... I got nothing.
0 Likes

We're doing fine here.

My FIL is a pill.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Just fyi- if anyone has read and tried to update shipping to show carrier and service- I'd wait. International is stuck on offering only priority or express and you can't break out shipping costs to other countries like keeping Canada cheaper than EU or Australia
Reported in bugs already

Hi Wendy!!!
0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

Erin, I hope you can go back to normal soon, with FIL&co back in their own house.

Sigh. Hedda has a cold. She started crying when we told her she might have stay home from daycare tomorrow. She loves it there now.
0 Likes

I think it’s time for a chatty group {{{{{hug}}}}} and a big welcome back to Lsue and Wendy and Erin too. Wow!!!

Sue, I’m so sorrry your recovery has been so slow and painful. I cannot imagine. I’m certain I would have converted my family room to a studio if I was laid up for 5 months.
0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

Joining the hug, yay! :)
0 Likes

I will not kill my FIL, I will not kill my FIL.

He's argued at every turn with every darn thing hubs has said the entire time he's been here. 6 days. And that woman is living in my house.

Ok, done whining.

I have had some lovely sales, though, while the storm was going. I'm hoping desperately to move a couple of orders out. Thankfully, everyone has been super duper about it.
0 Likes

The conversations in this household have been highly entertaining, to say the least.

Also, I forgot that my FIL likes to use the N word. *eyes flame red*
0 Likes

Good morning.
I'll join the hug. Glad to see you back, Wendy. Love seeing your nature pix on IG and FB.
Heading for Tulsa today to get M's teeth. He totally lost confidence in the dentist here. Not looking forward to the 4 hour drive. Fortunately, M's daughter is driving. It's going to be raining the entire way and I'm just not comfortable driving with all the 18-wheelers in those conditions. Alice is younger and has better reflexes. Plus, she's a traveling saleswoman, so she's used to It.
0 Likes

Good morning.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Morning!
0 Likes

Be careful, Kit.

Last night got really ugly. FIL slammed out of here, literally, this morning. I'm so over it, and so is hubs.

And YAY - garbage pick-up today! We didn't have any last week - Florence and all that - and I had to throw away a LOT of my refrigerator last week.
0 Likes

4 hrs to a dentist in the rain....ugh!

Throws a fistful of sales dust at the thread. Sold the Indonesian opal set!
To a really sweet repeat customer.
0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

That was a beautiful set Terri. Did you cut the stones as well?
0 Likes

Hello Everyone from the Emerald Princess!!!

Still cruising in the North Pacific. It's been an amazing experience!!! We visited the Yukon Territory yesterday and it was absolutely breathtaking! We're at sea today, and I'm trying to catch-up a bit on email. CG...I can see why you love to live here...it's rugged, rough country but just incredible!

Helloooooo Sue!!! So happy to see you back!!! We've missed you!

Erin...so glad you made it through the storm. I hear you on the not wanting to kill the in-laws. I'm stuck on a cruise ship with mine...let's just say, my cynical MIL is about to get on my last nerve. This ship is NOT big enough!

Visiting the jewelry store on ship was an eye-opener! The prices are absolutely insane! I forget how lucky we are to purchase metals and stones at wholesale. I picked up an absolutely stunning piece of ammolite from a seller in Kechikan...and can't wait to set it into something for myself. After seeing a similar piece for $1000....I think I'll just make what I want with materials that I have, lol.

Kit...I wish I was in Tulsa while you are heading up. It would have been great to see you. I could have had you come by and see the shop. :-). It's always a rush when I head down to your neck of the woods.

0 Likes

Sorry to miss you, but so glad you're enjoying the cruise. We did Alaska a couple of years ago and Enjoyed it. Cruising is great for old people with limited mobility. So easy.
Had a really good dinner at the Stonehorse in Utica Square. Super good muscles and crab cakes and some of the best lobster bisque I've had. Was quite different ... peppery and not as thick as usual, but really good.
0 Likes

Thanks Kit! It's been our first cruise and quite an experience. We've really enjoyed it. DH's parents are with us, and while they get around great...we can definitely tell they are slowing down, and this cruise has been easy for them to handle, especially for his mom.

We love Stonehorse! Great choice! We only go for very special occasions, but it's always been good. Another favorite is Palace Cafe off of 15th and Peoria. Fantastic food and service.
0 Likes

Goooooooood morning!

The end is in sight. FIL's house has power again. If we can keep them away for just a little while, we're going to fumigate under the house (the bugs get WWFUL after a hurricane), and try to Lysol the house. They bought ground beef the day before the storm, then left it in the fridge the whole time they were here. GAAAAAAAAAAG.

We'll see - they have a really bad habit of folliwing us when we leave.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.