Hard to believe it's September. Carry on.
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Re: September Already? Chat Away.

Morning-
Just ewww, I am sure anything perishable in the fridge would be rank!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Good morning. Happy Fall Equinox.
0 Likes

Good morning.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Yes, fall equinox- happy fall!
0 Likes

Everything got thrown away. Everything. His fridge is coated on the inside with ANTS. The floor looked like itmwas moving. I was never more thankful for my Timberlands than I was rright then. We bombed under the house. We're going to bomb in the house next.
0 Likes

Ewwwww.....Erin! Just yuck! I absolutely hate ants. They took out our A/C a few years ago. Nasty little buggers.

We are going to have some time in Victoria, BC today. No excursions...so just wandering the town. I'm really looking forward to being on land without being in a moving vehicle of some kind. The trip has been fun...but I'm really looking forward to being home and with puppies and kitties! I've missed all of our pets!

I'm hoping to find a rock shop or something similar today...but we'll see. We need to pick up a couple of gifts for the pet sitters and we wanted to get a thank you gift for DH's parents.
0 Likes

I bet the ants are looking for higher ground and food. Snakes will also be looking for dry land. Ewwwww

Esme - I didn’t cut those but am negotiating on a slab that will cost me a small fortune.
0 Likes

I have a stump!!

Pecan. 😎😎
0 Likes

Yay Erin! I love my stump. Not sure what it is...but it's so hard, I'm barely able to drill into it. DH picked it up for me from the side of the highway several years ago. It was already dried out and the bark had already fallen off. :)

Well...we didn't get to go to Victoria after all. :-( The winds were too high for us to dock. I'm really bummed out. It was our only port day planned without a tour and I was looking forward to having a relaxing day in a town. Plus...I've always wanted to see Victoria. Oh well... the rest of the time has been nothing short of spectacular. There are a lot of things I would do differently, if we ever take a cruise again...but the tours and the sights were amazing. It was a jam-packed trip...and I'm looking forward to being home tomorrow and seeing all my babies again!

0 Likes

Good morning.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Sounds like a wonderful trip Chrissy and I would have been bummed too- Victoria is just beautiful, one of my all time favorite spots and I was only there for a day but could have stayed a lot longer.
Wondering what you would have done differently? Since I have never cruised and we are considering giving it at least one try, all advice ahead is worth it to me!
0 Likes

Pennee - Cruising is a big deal where I am because we are so close to Port Canaveral. My own preference is Royal Caribbean. Carnaval has the reputation as a younger party ship and Holland America or Princess cruises has a reputation of being much older folks. I have heard good and bad about whether to cruise on one of the huge ships. Some say they are too big and you feel like cattle. Mostly everyone I know that has tried the specialty restaurants on the ships are not that impressed. The dining room food is usually terrific. We've done smaller tables with friends and big tables with people we hadn't met before. If you are not a late nighter, choose the early seating. Book your excursions early. Cruising with another couple you know and have fun with is always great. We usually do that and bring a couple easy to carry games like Sequence.
0 Likes

Good evening.
Back from Tulsa and M will have teeth in 10 days to 2 weeks. So excited. Trip was really scary going up. Torrential rain almost the entire way. Thank goodness M's daughter drove. My reflexes and eyes aren't that good any more.
The dentist even picked up the tab or our hotel. He puts all his out-of-town patients there and said He Had lots of free nights.
Enjoyed the visit toTulsa. I grew up there and got to see lots of places I remember from childhood.
0 Likes

Glad you got back safely, Kit.

Good morning!
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Morning!

Thanks for the thoughts Terri! We actually don't have any friends that travel much, one or the other of a couple either won't fly, gets sea sick etc. I learned when I was young not to wait for anyone else to do something with I wanted to do- I just go and do it, if I wait for a companion I may never get to go. So dh and I almost always go alone- we both enjoy the same stuff or close enough and are just fine with each other's company!
Things I have heard that have kept me from cruising are- tiny rooms, like you can barely turn around unless you upgrade to something like a room with a deck. We both drink and on vacation, like trying out cocktails for both lunch and dinner, and wine with dinner- from what I hear you can easily add $1000 to your bill just having drinks on a cruise ship and not even drinking a lot! Once I budget for a trip, I don't like surprises like a ton of extra money for on board stuff. Seems to me they should offer different packages at least, one for those who don't drink or those want "bar" included. Just let me pay and be done. I would definitely be one of those who wanted to try specialty restaurants so that's disappointing to hear they aren't great
A lady in my walking group is signed up to do a Vegan cruise- she is super excited!
0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

It's too bad you didn't get to visit Victoria Chrissi. But seeing a whale is amazing! Sounds like you had a good trip otherwise.
0 Likes

Good morning.
You can buy alcohol packages with your cruise, at least You can on Holland. And, we've always enjoyed the specialty restaurants. But we're hardly gourmands.
Felt really good to be home. The hotel was lovely and comfortable, but I have a lot to do here.
0 Likes

Pennee - you get choices in the main dining and really the food was amazing. You can try 2 desserts if you want. You can also purchase a bottle of wine and it will be brought to your table every night. We are not alcohol drinkers anymore so I couldn’t tell you about the bar tab. I do remember on cruise long ago I got hooked on a drink called a yellow bird and you kept the fancy glass. I came home with a full set. Also, don’t bother with the 3 day cruises. Not enough time. Did you ever go to one of the all inclusive resorts like the Concord or Nevele?
0 Likes

Good morning.
0 Likes

Pennee - the older ships had tiny inside cabins. They are not so tiny anymore but really, you don’t spend much time in your cabin except to shower and sleep. Cruises are not stop food if you want it.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

The only all inclusives we've done have been in Cancun Mexico- and once we knew our way around a bit we stopped going to those and just rent a cottage on the beach usually away from Cancun- buy stuff for the week at a local groceria and just hang out with locals- so much more fun. I had everything from awful to amazing experiences with the all inclusives. Like anything, you have to know where your going and know how to read between the lines on reviews. Our worst experience was a 5 gold Apple resort, so supposed to be a bit higher end- it was terrible food and drinks were watered down so bad they were tasteless. Best was a Hyatt resort through Southwest vacations- fantastic - gorgeous rooms, fab food and top shelf alcohol if you asked for it
0 Likes

Hi, CG. :)

I am MAKING JEWELRY today. WHOO HOO!

Gotta get some orders out today. I was getting stressed. They left for a bit - he wanted to go "clean up" over at his house. That could mean anything from actually cleaning (SNORTLAUGH) to napping in his chair with the TV blaring full blast.

Alone time. Sort of. Bliss.
0 Likes

I actually bought a Royal Caribbean cookbook on one cruise.

Great tennis lesson this morning. Pro tweaked my service a little and we added some mph to it.

Hubs MRI was rescheduled for this afternoon at 3:25 so probably not much studio time for me. I do have pork chops with apple and spices in the crock pot for tonight.
0 Likes

Oh, crock pot.

I need to go put some beef stew in mine. OOOPS.

I have the boys moving limbs for an elderly neighbor. I'm pretty sure she's in a care facility for right now. I haven't seen her nurse at the house since early two weeks ago.
0 Likes

Pennee - here’s a site with a 7 days worth of menus from Royal Caribbean’s main dining. http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-main-dining-room-menus/
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.