All are welcome to chat with us.
Carry on!

Re: Jewelers Jawing in June

Oh, I'm enjoying the quiet, absolutely. Sleeping later would have been okay, too. ;P

I woke up because my back was hurting - that's not my favorite reason.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
LauraStasa
Inspiration Seeker

It was hot and raining here last night. I slept fitfully so when the coffee maker went off I felt a little relief thinking I didn't have to struggle anymore with sleep.
0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

On our way home and Hedda is asleep.

She had such a great time dancing around the maypole. I don't think I've seen her as happy as that before. And then people sang at dinner, first drinking songs, but after a while we sang children's songs for Hedda and she loved that.

I always bring some food and drink on the road. It's sparse between places to stop here in Sweden.
0 Likes

Glad you had fun, Esme. The pics I saw were great. :D
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

emergency food is always in the car- and water!
0 Likes

Good morning.
Congratulations to Dylan. He's a great kid.
Loved the pics of Hedda. She's adorable.
Always have water and a pkg of peanut butter and cheese crackers in the car.
0 Likes
prox
Post Crafter

Morning.
Good job to Dylan!! Just curious, were you as proficient in school as Dylan Wendy? I hated school, and found it boring. Never cared for excelling in it. Just wondering how much is hereditary 🤔 My boys do ok in school, but don't really have the drive to excel in academics. Right now school is just "fun" It probably doesn't help that my opinion of school hasn't changed much 😂

So today we have the big party....and we decided to put stuff out for a street yard sale too, which starts in an hour. Dh is out getting party stuff still 🙄 I'm stuck here with Ayla. 😩 Oh boy.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

just read back - congrats to Dylan!

Dh's son from NY is visiting this weekend - while they golf I have to get laundry done and run errands and finish getting ready for a class I am teaching Sunday in DC. I need extra hands today
0 Likes

Morning.
0 Likes

morning
0 Likes

I loved school - graduated 10th in my class (should have been higher, but my home life was crazy. Bipolar stepmom). Little J loves school, Big J not so much. I think K will also love it.
0 Likes

What are you teaching, Pennee
0 Likes

Morning.

Kit said: Always have water and a pkg of peanut butter and cheese crackers in the car.

I have a box in my truck with a bottle of water too. You just never know when you might need them and they keep well regardless of temperature.

Not a morning person by any means. Need coffee........
I'm off to faceting class this morning. Hopefully I get it almost finished b/c I'd like to cut another in the next 2 classes.

Hope everyone has a Great Day!!!

*drops off a little dust*
0 Likes

I was going to ask the same thing, Erin.

I always pack us food for a road trip or flight. I just st like to know what I'm eating and my hubs might stop at Mickey Ds when he gets too hungry. Yuk
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

flush setting, nothing strenuous!
0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

Morning.

Jen - I was an excellent student in all advanced classes (mostly bored to tears until they recognized it and gave me extra work) until I hit about 8th grade at which time I lost interest due to some things going on at home and some other personal stuff, then boys and substances I should not have been experimenting with. it was downhill from there.

Ds dad - almost the same sort of thing. so... the fact that we have hit high school and he is still rocking and rolling his way through straight A's... we feel pretty happy about it and are hoping it continues. Determined to help steer him into distractions that complement school not detract from it.

0 Likes
PureDichotomy
Inspiration Seeker

Hedda is ADORBABLE the summer celebrations looked lovely.

and everytime I see Ayla, I think I ovulate. Those eyes. She is just TOTES ADORBS.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

I think this whole team has exceptionally pretty babies! Even the older kids are super cute- and haven't seemed to hit that "ugly duckling" stage

I have no memory of where number wise I finished in my class even as a senior- it was somewhere in the top 10% is all I remember. I was a good student- always honor roll and barely worked at it unless it was something I was interested in- like all the science classes. I was far more interested in getting home to ride my horse somewhere or go swimming or do something fun. Homework time was never fun at my house
0 Likes
prox
Post Crafter

Yeah, it's interesting how home life can effect things. I think the single parent stats were in action with me.

College was a different story, of course it was "art school" 🙄 I was in the top 20 in my class, and almost won a traveling scholarship for my thesis show. Some chick that stood naked in the middle of a room holding a stamp pad allowing people to fingerprint her won instead 🙄
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

well naked was so original wasn't it- what a douche
0 Likes

I had to board in town with my grandparents for my first two years of high school. They were enforcers so I guess I did OK. There was no bus service where I lived and the country school only went to grade 8. Once I hit grade 10 the bus became available.
My kids were pretty average. They all got degrees after high school but really didn't enjoy academics much.

I love academics and would have kept going to university my whole life if it were possible. I majored in "bridge" and the cafeteria for a couple of years when I first started out but I was paying for it myself so the need to get grades for scholarships and loans kicked in in second year.

0 Likes

That whole standing naked and gluing feathers or throwing spongeballs into a cage was a thing in the early 80's. Not so original.

Esme that pic of Esme eating a waffle cone on her dad's shoulders was just the "quintessential" summer photo. Made me smile inside.
0 Likes

oops that should read "Hedda" on her dad's shoulders.

Esme my nieces seem to be recylcing the old family names when they are naming their children. One of them named her little girl Rhea Dagmar after my grandmother, and the newest addition to the family is Annalie Hedda after my great aunt Hedda. It is nice to see the next generation pay homage to their ancestors.
0 Likes
SToNZ
Post Crafter

Spam for breakfast...
0 Likes

Spam...never liked it, especially for breakfast... *gag*

Morning!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.