PPennee
Crafty Poster

Re: December, busy but still chatty

good for you that you had a great month Laura, that was a good strategy!

I'm with Laura Kit, I grew up driving in crappy winter weather and I stay home- the less cars on the road that don't have to be, the better, And the issue usually is the ones pout there can't drive in it or they have big SUVs they think will be just fine. When you hit ice nothing is fine.
Sorry about your NYE party - I get that though, it does really get to be way to much at a certain point. Let someone invite you instead!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

The last 7 years on Etsy my holidays sales went from probably 20 something post BF/CM through Dec to the last 3-4 years I was getting 50+ sales from BF to before Xmas and sometimes more than that post Xmas day and into Jan. My sales slowed to a snails crawl after about Dec 8 this year. I know I'm not the only steady seller that happened to either. Good old Etsy again implemented their changes right before the holiday. After reading a lot on the SEO team and a few blogs yesterday it was reinforced that their new "blackbird" search is never going to be one anyone can crack and figure out for the big win. Just too many variables. They want to have intuitive search for buyers like Google's hummingbird. Fine. SEO still works, but more weight on attributes (that a lot of times are just useless) but the killer is more weight on production time, sales and discounts too. Photo recognition- if photos are that super important what I read is those with just 1 or 2 photos shouldn't even be showing up in search but they still do. I'm not sure I'm in the mood to play games like raising prices to have a permanent sale. I guess I should feel lucky I sold what I did this year and now take time to make a few changes to see what works- again
0 Likes

Good morning. Cold here, going nowhere far from inside.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

I'm right there with you CG. I see no point in going out in the cold unless absolutely necessary
0 Likes

Yes Kit I bet cold is much worse when you have not prepared for it or when it doesn't happen often.

We are prepared here but even so, some places have lost power and also it's so cold in some places that the Nat gas pressure is low . That's unusual.
0 Likes
SilverBlueberry
Conversation Maker

Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! My least favorite holiday. But we’re staying home and having a nice dinner, so that’s fine. I’ll just regard it as a normal day. ;)

We have done the holiday rounds. Hedda brought my old doll home with her. If that had been her only Christmas gift she’d been super happy. Doll looks a bit scary now, lol. But to Hedda it’s a cute baby.
0 Likes

Have a Happy New Year Esme,(and to everyone else as well) I think that is so wonderful that Hedda loves your old doll.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Ha that's great about the doll Esme! Happy New Year to you too. I'm in the crowd of least fav holiday too I think
0 Likes

Pennee Parker from PPennee says
The last 7 years on Etsy my holidays sales went from probably 20 something post BF/CM through Dec to the last 3-4 years I was getting 50+ sales from BF to before Xmas and sometimes more than that post Xmas day and into Jan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is BF and CM?

I love that she has your doll!! What a great thing!
0 Likes

I had 61 sales from all sources this month, but compare that to last year and it's about 1/2 what it was. So while it was fine, it's definitely down.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

Debbie- BF= black Friday- start of Xmas shopping- CM= cyber Monday, which I have found a useless day to promote for but it's there anyhow

Yup Debbie- I am down 46% on Etsy for Dec and the worst part is most of my sales were under $100 whereas in previous years I was selling high end right and left. I think those shoppers either moved on from Etsy or at least on to other sellers which would be my bad for not keeping up with what they wanted. All I can say is I am thrilled I jumped on AH 3 years ago when it opened up to handmade. It gave me time to know the system and get some reviews under my belt. I had a great Dec on AH
And I have no idea how you could possibly keep up with making all those fancy names and initials if you had over 100 orders, just wow!
0 Likes

Stupid me I KNEW that Pennee! NAmes and initials are nothing. Not anymore. I can get those done in no time flat. It's fabrication that is a time sink for me, but I do love it. I did 100 for a company a few years ago and it only took me a couple days, but I had blisters lol. I love making them too.
0 Likes

I don't even count BF or CM. Debbie - my wire wrap bracelets go fast for me. My fabrication is slow too. If I was just in it for the $$ I'd stick with the wire. I don't know why I'm so fast at wire and so slow soldering.
0 Likes

We don't go out NYE. It's amateur night out.
0 Likes
PPennee
Crafty Poster

truth
I'm sick as a dog. My dinner according to dh was amazing. I can't taste anything so I'm going to bed and ready until I fall asleep
0 Likes

Oh Pennee I am so sorry you're sick. I hate that for you.
0 Likes

Kathy (I think it was Kathy) thank you for suggesting a FB group for Instant Pot. I am finally getting over my fear of trying it out. 'Bout time since I have had it for a year and been afraid to try it! >_< lol
0 Likes

Good Evening! Happy New Year's Eve. Also staying inside! I think I'm going to make some hot apple cider as our toast. It's brutally cold out. No precipitation thank goodness!

Oh Pennee. So sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon!

Happy New Year!!!
0 Likes

Happy New Year. It's midnight somewhere...
0 Likes

Happy new year. It's a little over 2 hours off from the east coast USA.
0 Likes

We'll be down to 21 tonight. It was freezing rain earlier. Brrrrrr.

We always stay in NYE. I have no desire to be a statistic.
0 Likes

It's going to be 30 on Thursday night. That is COLD for us Floridians.

I cannot believe the people in Times Square. There is no bathroom and they are not allowed drinks.

Pennee - feel better.
0 Likes

Well, we always sty in, but with about 30 friends in past years. Hated to put an end to a tradition, but M just can't stay up and be functional after about 9:30. And, to be honest, the prep was becoming a bit much for me, even with help. Old age is really no fun at all.
0 Likes

It's not for the faint of heart, that's for sure.

I thought the same thing about the folks at Times Square. I hope things go off well and no one gets hurt.

It's just me and Scruffy tonight and that's fine by me. I'm like Erin, no desire to be out there at all.
0 Likes

Happy New Year!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.