How is the "Star Seller" Program impacting your shop, views, messages, ratings, and tracked/international shipping, and sales?  Let Etsy know at: 

NEW SURVEY 

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6870431/Feedback-Survey-2187

CMHandymade
Conversation Maker

Re: "STAR SELLER" SURVEY FOR ETSY

I do not like it. It's not needed, not necessary and I think it's discriminatory. It pits sellers against sellers because of it's criteria. It is like a penalty for those who are not "star sellers". Sellers should be met where they are and made to feel all sellers are star sellers by their reviews. Etsy should get rid of it. It can work in community teams but for shops, reviews should be enough. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

Fully agreed, quality work reflected in good reviews outshines any star. The one redemptive feature of the death star seller program would be access to a live chat that worked, instead of the spinning wheel doom.

2 Likes
Biomimi
Post Crafter

There's a survey going around via email from Etsy about non-handmade items on Etsy. Please take the survey and let our voice be heard that resellers and mass produced items should NOT be on Etsy!

4 Likes

@Biomimi If you have the link to the survey, we'd appreciate you sharing.  THANKS!

1 Like
CMHandymade
Conversation Maker

Re: (NEW 5/31/2022) "STAR SELLER" SURVEY FOR ETSY

I see Etsy responded to the surveys sent in. They attempted to appease. Helped those with 4-stars get star seller credit if at 4.8.

Also they cut in half the 10 sales needed to 5, in the time period of a month of sales to be considered but you must make a minimum of $300. Right, did I get that right? So that should help.

2 Likes

Re: (NEW 5/31/2022) "STAR SELLER" SURVEY FOR ETSY

Time will tell.  But judging from the countless complaints at: https://community.etsy.com/   it seems there's a lot of problems still.  

Personally, my biggest problem with it is customers have no idea about the program.  Which should be the whole point.  Just like how everyone understands the 5-star review program.

3 Likes

The Star Seller Program is the WORSE thing etsy could have ever done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  As soon as it started, my sales went down 80% because they aren't showing as much in the search engines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  When Will Etsy Ever Learn To Leave things be?????????????????????  I'm working on starting my own web site because this Star Seller is Costing me BIG bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes

@FindMeTreasures Many shops are frustrated.  Especially when the stats for shipping/tracking, message responses, and star reviews are inaccurate.  Shops that did become a "star seller" have even reported it hurts their sales.  And customers have no idea what it means either.  

1 Like

I worked my way into being a star seller Didn't hurt my sales!  After they changed how they count late response's it was easy. 

1 Like

how about how a single one star review (from some crank who could have accepted a full refund) will drop you from 5.0 to 4.7 and then the following 1 4 star and 12 5 star reviews bring you up to 4.8?

2 Likes

I had someone I bought a Chinese manufactured item from write me a thank you. Because I didn't respond to it I was kicked off the Star Rating for a month. It's ridiculous. Any again, no way to contact Etsy about it.

2 Likes

@JustVintageEARRINGS Sorry to hear about that.  It's happened to all of us.  There's been a ton of design flaws and glitches.  For the message issue, we did create this to try to fix the issue: https://community.etsy.com/t5/art/STAR-SELLER-Get-Your-Message-Badge-Back/m-p/140315923#M4455642  HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

1 Like
PamsPawsJewelry
Conversation Maker

I just submitted this and have before

I absolutely HATE the stupid and unnecessary STar Seller thing!!

Etsy needs to stop treating us like we are 5 years old and stop telling us how to run our shops!!

I have been on here for 12 years and have always gotten back to customers within a day, shipped on time, used tracking, and gotten just about all 5 star reviews. 5 star reviews system is enough , works fine, and is fair to all shops. I look at them when I want to buy from a shop I never bought from before.

I should always have the silly badges all the time, even when I do not make the amount of sales or profit to get the star seller badge, but every month I either have it or lose it which looks bad for small shops!

5 sales in my shop does not make $300 and sales now are non-existent due to lousy Etsy changes and the horrible search algorithms!!

Why should small shops have to compete with shops that always sell a lot and always have these silly badges!!

All this stuff is just plain common sense if you want to run a good, honest business.

Etsy should save their reminders etc. for new shops and or have a class thing for new shops.

And Etsy has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!

When glitches and problems arise there is no way to contact them to fix anything, Help thing goes in circles and no one ever answers even if you do email them.

Thanks for this Mike,

Pam :))

PamsPawsJewelry

3 Likes
CMHandymade
Conversation Maker

About a year in and looks like Etsy Star seller incentive program is here to stay.

And has Etsy finally removed and concealed our sales counter. Im not seeing it for any seller as I've observed while doing favathon this evening.

Is it my phone or this is true? If so, if sales counter disappeared for good, then sellers are no longer slighted for the amount of sales they got, or comparing sales numbers between sellers,  Hallelujah !!!

Sellers I think are at a disadvantage with that. A small shop matching up with all these big and wholesale type shops with their big sales is not fair. So yay!

0 Likes

Hi Mike. I just submitted the form. However I still feel that the Star Seller badge should only be awarded if we meet the top 3 criteria. 

Number of sales and dollar value of sales should not be included. What does that have to do with customer service?

This is all about CUSTOMER SERVICE not about how many or the dollar value of our sales. 

I lost my star seller badges for both of my shops this month. I excelled and got perfect rating for the top 3 criteria but missed the bottom 2

This is not fair. Unfortunately the form did not give us an area to note what we were dissatisfied with. 

Lindsay

4 Likes

NOW OPEN!!!
Do you want a successful holiday season?

FABULOUS FALL ART FESTIVAL!
Kick off the holiday season with friends and fun.  Meet hundreds of artists and countless customers.  How happy are you with your traffic and sales?

0 Likes
ButtonsUpStudio
Inspiration Seeker

I'm not sure why, but I'm a star seller. I haven't seen a positive outcome on my sales.

1 Like

Just submitted...thank you 

1 Like

Do you want to make more sales this Spring?  Then Join the 

BRING SPRING ART FESTIVAL

Join hundreds of shops and countless customers as we prepare for Spring.  Share your creations, make new friends, and spruce up your home at: 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1060097501884160

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.