"STAR SELLER" SURVEY FOR ETSY

How is the "Star Seller" Program impacting your shop, views, messages, ratings, and tracked/international shipping, and sales?  Let Etsy know at: 

NEW SURVEY 

https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6870431/Feedback-Survey-2187

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
43 Replies

Re: LET ETSY KNOW YOUR FEELING ABOUT THE "STAR SELLER" PROGRAM

Just submitted...thanks Mike!

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I submitted my feedback.

1 Like

This whole thing is so ridiculous and unrealistic, however I did submit my feedback.

8 Likes

Thank you for posting this.  I have submitted my response as well.

1 Like

Response submitted. I think it could be good for shops that are already successful and make it harder for new shops to get traction.

7 Likes

done. Canadians dont even have access to tracking unless we pay a high shipping fee! it's completely not fair to us

4 Likes

Just submitted, thank you.

1 Like

LOL, I realized last night that Etsy thinks we are all on the TV show "Making It", trying to earn badges. 

7 Likes

Unrealistic

1 Like

I do not like this. I have submitted my feedback.

Thanks

1 Like

Done, thank you Mike

1 Like

As a Canadian, this is extremely crappy. Tracking can double the cost of shipping and usually isnt worth it. 

1 Like

submitted mine , i think it makes being a new business even harder, its definitely putting us at a disadvantage, its as if Etsy are promoting the shops that make the most profit so to increase there own profits, forsaking the new shops along the way, very disheartening

4 Likes

I already submitted my feedback. I do see a lot of negative feedback about it (I'm guessing because not everyone is excelling at the criteria / the criteria themselves are not clear and seem to be calculated arbitrarily), but overall, I think the IDEA of a Star Seller program is great! I submitted a lot of suggestions on how to improve it (differentiating messages from potential buyers vs. store owners / spam automatically when calculating message response scores; removing the specific tracking requirements for all shipped items and instead enforce it only on LOCAL shipments in one's own marketplace, allowing international shipments to go out without tracking without affecting the score; implementing a more structured method of viewing where errors in one's own setup may be influencing their score, and allowing sellers to cancel older orders that were never shipped to remove the effect on their total score).

All this being said, I think that the Star Seller program will be great for new and small shops with a good track history with Etsy best practices as long as some improvements are implemented before the launch date. I don't think they developed the program to reward big shops (which are already rewarded by getting a larger portion of sales) but to reward smaller shops with less exposure but exceptional service.

1 Like

My feedback was already submitted. I'm at 100% in everything except the sales and income requirements... I tend to only hit those metrics close to the holidays... which is exactly when something differentiating your shop would be most helpful (and based on the 3-month rolling average, I'd miss out until December and January this year, most likely!). I'm hoping they're responsive to the feedback they receive!

1 Like

I submitted too

1 Like

Re: "STAR SELLER" SURVEY FOR ETSY

I think shops need some autonomy.

i am in the U.K. and achieved 18% for the tracking issue!  The overseas tracking is only as good as that country’s.  Royal Mail gives compensation on everything domestic or international up to £20.  Tracking is very expensive and online shopping is already challenged by new costs such as the sales tax and our increasing fees to Etsy. 

wait and see if this has any impact on search placement which is a right mess anyway.  You can enter a search string for a rare item and be confronted by a sea of listings.  Etsy thinks it’s best!  It doesn’t want any ‘dead end’ searches!!  

2 Likes

I've filled it out a bunch of times already. I think most people have. Hopefully they get the glitches worked out of the SSB or scrap this program altogether.

1 Like

I submitted my feedback.

1 Like

Rif.: "STAR SELLER" SURVEY FOR ETSY

For me nothing has changed for shipments because I don't admit them without a track, they cost a little more but I also buy only from those who give the track code like me

0 Likes

It's the worse thing etsy could have ever done to it's sellers!!!  My Sales are down over 50%!  I haven't gotten a star and I requested a call from etsy to see what the problem was.  In August our internet went out for 12 days.  All I could do was got to Wendys and use their weak internet to run my shop.  I wasn't able to answer all my messages with 24 hours and Etsy is still holding this against me 3 months later.  Yes, that's what Etsy Told me and that there was nothing they could do about it!!!  Just Leaves you shaking your head at how Stupid Etsy is!!!  Also I received a 4 star review:  "I Just Loved the Necklace, but wish the change was longer".  I was knocked down in the review score because the Lady didn't take time to read the description???  They Need to Dump The Star Seller Program right away!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Leave things alone Etsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Likes
StillGroovin
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for listening

1 Like

I can see why this program might be beneficial for some people. If a seller is selling successfully and having good reviews, yes it makes sense to reward them and make them be seen more. From the customer's point of view, yes, they would probably want to prefer brands that are more known and more reliable.
However, this website's aim was supposed to help people that are working at home, creating homemade products, selling vintage stuff. The Star-seller program, as far as I can monitor, makes brands that are bigger and have more employees more seen, not the homemade crew. It makes the rich richer and makes the poor poorer. This makes it a great place to buy a few products from Amazon and make a bundle and sell it from Etsy, not a place to create personalized products that take too much effort.

I think it would be much better to come up with another idea, or at least extend the criteria of the star-seller program just enough to separate the real creators from resellers.

4 Likes

just submitted

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.