Shop Critiques are a great way to give and receive tangible, specific advice.

1) Post your shop address

2) Let us know what you'd like us to focus on (i.e. - photos, description, titles, etc)

3) Be prepared to have a conversation to fully understand critiques and reasoning

4) Be direct, specific, and focus on item being discussed

5) Make suggestions for improvement

6) As always, be kind and be sure to compliment something too.

Re: Shop Critiques

@tdemelartstudio I agree that your shop is set up very well.  And things like longtail keywords will come over time as you add more pieces.  You'll have keywords for different holidays, subjects, colors, styles, etc for newer work.  So keep you priority on making.  You can only sell what you make.

Glad you're participating in our social media games.  It's a great way to meet other shops and customers.  I'm sure in a couple of days, you'll notice more than 6 views from 2 visits.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
Raidrift
Inspiration Seeker

Hello!

My Name is Lior - i have opened my shop about 3 months ago.

i have gained 35 sales so far , about half of them came from Etsy ads.

I sell mostly home decor items - posters and prints,pillow covers, etc...

i would really like to get your honest opinion about my shop , as i feel that i am not converting my listing to enough organic views.

my shop link is - https://raidrift.etsy.com/ or www.raidrift.com 

Thanks,

Lior

1 Like

@Raidrift Your shop is set up beautifully.  And I think you should keep doing what you're doing.  Make new designs and add them to your shop.  More items = more traffic = more sales.

If you're trying to boost organic views, I suggest having more interaction on social media.  Post more frequently.  We have many games designed to get more attention.  And share your work with potential customers

1 Like
Raidrift
Inspiration Seeker

Amazing, thank you @MikeKrausArt !

1 Like
ElitegiftArt
Inspiration Seeker

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ElitegiftArt?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

Hello, I would like your advice on how we can increase my sales in my store. Please help

1 Like

Your photos are beautiful as is your shop! I will follow your shop and if you'd like to follow my shop - lets get some traffic!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TipsyHippieCreations

1 Like

@ElitegiftArt You shop is set up beautifully.  How are you inviting people to visit your shop?  Do you have a marketing plan?

0 Likes

Thank you for the add! I have been a self employed real estate appraiser here in Michigan for over 20 years. In 2009 I started making items and selling them in local boutiques as a hobby and my own form of therapy.  Last fall my full time job got really slow so I decided to give Etsy a try (I was always too intimidated to make the leap). Then I recently started POD and am really enjoying it.  I would love any input !  Thank you again!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TipsyHippieCreations

0 Likes

@TipsyHippieCreations WELCOME TO THE ART TEAM LORI!  We're glad you're here.  Always good to see a fellow West Michigander (I'm originally from Muskegon).  You're off to a great start and I think you should just keep doing what you're doing.  Historically, sales pick up a bit this time of year.  Simmer down again during the summer.  And then gets really busy during the holiday season (October-December), which tends to account for 75-80% of sales.  So, keep producing more work this time of year so you can sell it when everyone is celebrating

0 Likes

lazydogtreasurechest.com

I would like to know what you think in general, what I could do to improve and what you think about the prices of my items.

0 Likes

@LazyDogTreasureChest Your shop looks beautifully set up.

Your prices seem reasonable to me.  I suggest looking at similar items.  See what the high, low, average prices are to know where you stand.

If I had a guess on where you need help, it's probably marketing.  What are you doing to invited people to your shop?

0 Likes

Hello, thank you for inviting me to this group. I was on the tail end of asking for a shop critique in the main discussion area when I received your invite, and that critique thread was met with some responses that didn't make me or my products feel very welcome. So, asking for a critique here does make me a little nervous!

To clarify, I am not trying to pass this art off as my own. I am giving all credit to the masters in the description, and even pointing toward that knowledge in my photos. These images are antique and found in public domain, I do pay for the program that allows me to resize the works for an easily accessible download. Not that it matters, but many other popular printable wall art sellers do similar things, and do not share the artist information and in fact copyright the image (which seems strange to me). 

This is my second etsy shop. In my first shop I sold physical items, and after getting this shop going I realized it actually takes more of my time than the physical items, so I do not feel bad that I receive a payment for doing to digital leg work to make accessing these incredible images a streamlined process. However, I enjoy bringing these brilliant artists of the past into the now. I love visiting museums with my family and curating this collection has brought me a ton of joy. 

SO! haha, now that I have aired that out, I would like to hear what you have to say about my shop. Specifically why I would be getting views but no purchases. Thank you so much for making me welcome in your group! 

0 Likes

@JuxtapositionDesign WELCOME TO THE ART TEAM!  And sorry about your experience in the forum.  

Your shop is set up beautifully.  My guess is you have a marketing issue.  What are you doing to invite people to your shop?

0 Likes

I have an Instagram, but very few followers. I have also tried watching videos about optimizing SEO. 

1 Like

@JuxtapositionDesign Wonderful.  I saw that you are participating in our INSTAGRAMaTHON, which is a great start.  Liking, saving, and following each other is a great way to grow.  And that will encourage their followers to visit and like you.  And so on and so on.  

SEO is important.  But, difficult to control.  We used to have an article posted.  But, it disappeared during recent Etsy upgrades.  I hope it reappears again soon.  But, the best advice I have is: "Think like a customer."  When you're shopping online, pay attention to what you do and what you search for.  Use those words and descriptions.  Also, look at the terms people use when they search your shop.  Use those and try to expand using other similar types of words.  

1 Like

Thanks for the tips!

1 Like
LovingPlannersLP
Inspiration Seeker

Hey there! I'm a new member of this group, and I'm constantly working on improving my digital/printable products shop. I'm looking for feedback, especially on the thumbnail pictures and overall store appearance. Although I have a few almost-finished products, my focus at the moment is on Mother's Day cards, so I'm currently limited on time. Thank you for any suggestions!

Here is the link of my store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/LovingPlannersLP

With love,
LovingPlanners

1 Like

@LovingPlannersLP Your shop looks beautiful.  A couple of suggestions:

1) Add announcement to top of your shop to tell the world about what you do.  It will help customers understand your items.  And the SEO will bring more people to your shop

2) Add biography about you at the bottom.  People shop on Etsy because the items are made by real people; not large corporations or machines.  So, humanize yourself online.  Let them know who you are.  And it will also help SEO for bringing people to your shop.

3) Just keep making.  More items = more traffic = more sales.  Once you have 150 items, Etsy will boost promotions of your shop.  And then other marketing activities become more important.  

1 Like
LovingPlannersLP
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your suggestions! I actually added an announcement to the top of my shop recently and have been working on adding more listings. I definitely plan on adding a bio soon as well.

I really appreciate your advice!. And thank you for the encouragement to keep making more items. I'll keep working on adding more products to my shop to attract more traffic and sales.

Still a little bit slow on sale but hopefully they will come soon.

With love,
Loving Planners

1 Like
HanabeCollection
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, I am seeking feedback and suggestions to improve my Etsy shop. As a new seller, I am eager to learn and grow my business. I am open to any constructive criticism and advice to help me enhance my shop's visibility and attract more customers.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

www.etsy.com/shop/CherryxCollection

1 Like

@HanabeCollection Will send you a message

0 Likes

PhenomenalAdventures - Etsy Nederland

I love to sell my photography because I love to share it with the world and would be honor for me if my photo's will hang in someone house.

Ofcourse selling them is nice to especially now since I'm getting married soon helps with the bills only problem is I didn't sell anything yet.

1 Like

@PhenomenalAdventures I'll send you a message

1 Like

Hi everybody,
I just sold etsy and my store is: https://www.etsy.com/shop/WoodToyKid?ref=seller-platform-mcnav
I'm glad I got my first order and am looking forward to the next ones.
What should I do next to get more orders because it is more than 10 days after that I have no more orders.
Thank you.

1 Like

@WoodToyKid  WELCOME TO THE ART TEAM!  And congrats on your first sale.  It's a big first step toward success.

We have lot of tips for improving traffic and sales for your shop at: https://community.etsy.com/t5/art/WELCOME-NEW-MEMBERS-OF-THE-ART-TEAM/td-p/139228997 

What are you doing to invite people to visit your shop now?

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.