Shop Critiques

Shop Critiques are a great way to give and receive tangible, specific advice.

1) Post your shop address

2) Let us know what you'd like us to focus on (i.e. - photos, description, titles, etc)

3) Be prepared to have a conversation to fully understand critiques and reasoning

4) Be direct, specific, and focus on item being discussed

5) Make suggestions for improvement

6) As always, be kind and be sure to compliment something too.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
273 Replies

Re: Shop Critiques

MikeKrausArt.etsy.com

Is there a way I could improve/better organize my shop section?  Suggestions?  THANKS!

0 Likes

Love your work! If you'd like to organize your store a little, I would add the 4 features posts (maybe your newest or bestsellers) and shop updates. Other than that, your work is great.

1 Like

Hello! I am new to Etsy and this is my shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrystelSamiaUniverse?ref=profile_header

I would like to know what I can do better to get my first sales.

Thank you!

1 Like

Congrats on your first 4 sales! I would add more items and maybe organize the items by type on the main shop feed. You can do this by going to your store and editing the placement of the listings. Hope that helps.

1 Like

1 Like

Love your work! What comes to mind for me is images to show scale. You do have a tape measure but that doesn't stand out. Take a photo of your work as it would be used, so the mermaid on a bathroom wall. You could use your own bathroom or use photoshop to remove the background of the image and than add the photo to a free image. 

2 Likes

@CrystelSamiaUniverse Your shop is beautifully set up.  And I see you're up to 4 sales now.  CONGRATS!

Here are some things that will help you right now:

1) Just keep making and posting new items.  More items = more traffic = more sales.  Once you have 150 items, Etsy will boost promotion of your shop.  Etsy will do this again at 250-300 items.

2) Participate in the social media games.  It will help you build a following.  And it will bring in traffic that will be more likely to purchase.

Your shop is set up beautifully.  And I expect you'll be making lots of sales soon.

1 Like

Than you so much!

You are very helpful. And I hope so!

1 Like

@MyriadMosaicAndGlass It looks like you have a good template for titles.  

The template appears to usually be:

(Title) / (Product) / (use tags) / (use tags) / (use tags)

Which is pretty similar to the format I've found to work best for me

(Title) ((product)) (size) by Mike Kraus - (use tags)

Really, the only suggestion I have is to avoid using the same word twice.  Otherwise, it looks good.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike!

1 Like

HayHaileySlimez.etsy.com

Would really appreciate some feedback on titles!

2 Likes

First word in a title should be what the item is, not its name or scent.  Your titles should start with "Candle".

1 Like

Hey @HayHaileySlimez You're off to a great start

Your template appears to usually be:

(Title) (Product)

Which is pretty similar to the format I've found to work best for me

(Title) ((product)) (size) by Mike Kraus - (use tags)

So, you may want to try something like this:

"Glossy Watermelon Scented Slime with Black Glitter by HayHaileySlimez - 2-4 oz - asmr adhd autism fidget sensory toys kids smell children fun"

THANKS AGAIN!

1 Like

Hi Mike,

I looked at your shop- MikeKrausArt.

It is a beautiful shop. To be honest with you I am not qualified to critique your beautiful shop. It looks amazing.

The way you organized your section is really good. My only suggestion is - you can make a section Like Art for Living room, dining room, breakfast room, kids room just like that.

Since you have sections like animals, good eats - I thought you can create a section like art for kids room, Breakfast room, Dining Room.

That's the only idea came to my mind. I hope that helps. Your shop is too good.

Thanks, Banasree

2 Likes

Hi, Can you please critique my shop?

Shop link - https://www.etsy.com/shop/StylishStoneJewelry

Sometimes I am getting visits but not selling. Do not know why? Do have have any suggestions? I would really appreciate your time.

Thanks

2 Likes

Lovely jewelry!  I think we have the same issue, your photos need some work. Look at what your competition is doing for statement jewelry and also make all the backgrounds the same to make it cohesive. I hope that helps.

1 Like

my name is Kate and our store (me and hubby) is

Https://www.etsy.com/shop/JLwoodendesign 

We currently have 3 different types of photos and I'm curious which do you like most. I want to make the store more cohesive. Any other advice is welcome, thank you ☺

Tags (1)
0 Likes

@StylishStoneJewelry 

Thank you for your suggestions.  That's a great idea.  I'll need to think about re-arranging.  Which pieces would go where.  THANK YOU!

As for your shop, I think it's beautiful.  Here are my suggestions:

1) Just keep making.  More jewelry = more traffic = more sales.  And once you have 150 pieces, Etsy will boost promotion of your shop.  It will boost again at 250-300 items.  

2) What are you using as your camera?  While most of your photos look nice, some seem a bit dim.  You may want to edit some of the images to make them a bit brighter and more inviting.  Photographing in sunlight tends to be helpful.  

Those are minor suggestions.  Otherwise your shop looks wonderful.  And I think the more people who see your pieces; the more you'll sell.

0 Likes

@JLwoodendesign Thanks for your suggestions.  I really appreciate it and will be making some changes.

As for photos, I suggest ignoring our advice.  Instead, experiment and look at the results.  Divide your rings evenly by photo type.  Promote them evenly.  And see if you notice some sell faster than others.  After a few months, start using the photo with the most sales.

I use to have much more variety of photos.  But, the other variations sold much slower.  

1 Like

Thank you, I'll do exactly that. I think I also need a lot more items, we're going to try and have 50 items by the end of the month time permitting. Thank you for inviting me to your group, it's great ☺

1 Like

Thanks a lot kate and Mike for your suggestions. I know my photography is not good at all. I am using Iphone since it is easy to post from phone directly. I will work on it and making more items.

Thanks again.

Banasree

1 Like

Hi Kate, thanks for your suggestion regarding background, that is a great idea! Yes shop look matters. I have to work on it. Thanks.

As per your shop--amazing pictures!!!! How do you do that? My photos are not good at all. 

I like your yellowish golden background the best. I hope that helps.

1 Like

@StylishStoneJewelry You photos a great for an iPhone.  If you photograph in sunlight.  Maybe some slight adjustments with light/contrast, it'd be perfect.  But, your shop looks wonderful. 

0 Likes

Thanks Mike. I will do that. Actually I take tons of photo but still I do not like most of them.

Thanks again.

Banasree

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.