Shop Critiques are a great way to give and receive tangible, specific advice.

1) Post your shop address

2) Let us know what you'd like us to focus on (i.e. - photos, description, titles, etc)

3) Be prepared to have a conversation to fully understand critiques and reasoning

4) Be direct, specific, and focus on item being discussed

5) Make suggestions for improvement

6) As always, be kind and be sure to compliment something too.

Re: Shop Critiques

@StudioKurokikuOnEtsy  Shipping has be a constantly changing issue in the last few years (in fact, postal rates go up again on October 2nd).  Personally, I'd look for ways to standardize your shipping.  Set up a shipping profile for each product: shirts, lunch boxes, cups, etc.  Then you can adjust them as necessary.  

As for pricing (original art too), how do you determine your prices?  With the cost of all materials going up, everyone expects your prices to rise too.  You should be able to cover all of your expenses and make a decent profit too.  

As for your shop set up, it's beautiful.  If I were you, my main focus would be on making and adding new items.  More items = more traffic = more sales.  And you'll want your shop as full as possible as we enter the holiday season (October - December).

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
SmallShopDoc
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Everyone, I'm looking for any critiques of my shop. Looks like my SEO is working, I'm getting enough traffic (SEO seems to be good), but converting barely any to actual sales. I know my branding isn't great (not a strong suit), but any help at all would be appreciated. Is it just that I don't have enough reviews or sales yet? Thank you! Jess

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SmallShopDoc

0 Likes

@SmallShopDoc Jess, your shop looks wonderful.  Here are a few things that may help: 

1) Branding - It's easy if you think of it as: this is my reputation.  How do you want your customers to think about you; helpful, kind, easy-to-use, etc?  Then focus on that trait for logos, messages, and all other activities.

2) Resume Design - I'm not an HR expert, but you may want to ask one.  I had my headshot on a resume once and was told they couldn't even consider me for the position because of it.  It was a violation of Equal Opportunity Employment.  Again, I'd ask an expert.

3) Do you use social media?  LinkedIn would be a great place for you to share all your business materials.  Pinterest would be great for your wedding planners.  And Facebook groups like: https://www.facebook.com/groups/305635098251133 would love your self-care downloads.  Who are your customers?  Where do your customers hang out?  And how can you help them?

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions

1 Like

This is my shop   https://www.etsy.com/shop/coastalcanvasart?ref=seller-platform-mcnav    I'd love any suggestions for improvement . Thanks !

0 Likes

@coastalcanvasart Your shop looks beautiful.  Only a couple of suggestions that will help.

1) Just keep making - More paintings = more traffic = more sales.  This is probably the best thing you could do.  You can only sell what you have available.

2) Looks like you may need more marketing.  What are you doing now to find customers?  Do you use social media?

0 Likes

Thanks so much for your feedback ! Yes , I know I need to make more paintings , I'm working on a new one now , but I work slow tho . It takes me about 3 -4 weeks from start to finish . I tried a facebook business page to market my shop but after having no success after a few years I gave up on that . I use pinterest & get some action there but it's so time consuming , & I know I should be marketing on social media but I guess I'm just not willing to put in all the extra time to learn how to do it & make all of the posts . Thanks again !

0 Likes

simplicitybydee.Etsy.com is my shop name.  I am new to Etsy! First shop getting some traffic but no sales.  Are there any changes with images , mockups, tags, or SEO that I need to work on?

0 Likes

@coastalcanvasart We all have similar frustrations.  Personally, I do social media in my spare time.  For example, I start each day by painting.  When the paint is waiting to dry, I work on social media.  Back to painting.  And then back to social media.  And you can still use your Facebook business page for Etsy.  And pinning on a few Pinterest boards can be useful too.  Especially since Etsy has a quick share button.  

0 Likes

@SimplePrintsbyDee 

Your shop looks beautiful.  Only a couple of suggestions that will help.

1) Just keep making - More paintings = more traffic = more sales.  This is probably the best thing you could do.  You can only sell what you have available.

2) Looks like you may need more marketing.  What are you doing now to find customers?  Do you use social media?

0 Likes

Thank you for feedback.  I posted on TikTok and Instagram. I'm working on doing consistent post.

0 Likes
Mahmurem
Inspiration Seeker

Hi mike 

my 2 shops

1. https://www.etsy.com/shop/Mahmurem

2. https://www.etsy.com/shop/MelisArslanArt

thank you 🫶🏻

2 Likes

@Mahmurem 

1) Your bridal shop looks wonderful.  I'm not an expert on weddings, but I have some assumptions: 

a) this shop may be very seasonal.  While weddings happen year-round, I assume the vast majority happen in summer.  Maybe it'd be a good idea to promote bachelorette party items in the winter, weddings in the spring, then bachelorette parties in the southern hemisphere in the summer, and weddings in the southern hemisphere in the autumn?  Try to discover when brides need their fashions and when do they decide.

b) You're selling romance - Weddings are all about love and feelings.  So, I encourage you to tell romantic stories for your shop and every item.  Add a little paragraph about seduction, intimacy, and living happily ever after.  

2) You're art shop looks wonderful.  And I encourage you to keep making and adding more pieces.  More pieces = more traffic = more sales.  

a) It looks like you have a marketing issue.  For some reason, you're not finding your clients.  I noticed on Instagram you don't include the links to the item in your posts.  I really suggest doing this.  This will let people know your artwork is for sale.  And it will make it easier for people who want to buy your art to find it.  

You Instagram page is very interesting and popular.  Just a few tweaks should drive more traffic and sales to your shop

1 Like
MelisArslanArt
Inspiration Seeker

thank you Mike

i am starting to create stories i was posting the etsy link for art on my instagram page i was leaving the link of the local store but i will change it now

1 Like

@SimplePrintsbyDee What is your Instagram handle?  Love to see your page, follow, and help out.  

Being consistent does help.  On Instagram, it's all about eyecatching images, good quick captions, and the right hashtags.

1 Like

Beinspired_nevergiveup

Awesome, thank you!!

1 Like

@MelisArslanArt You can share both the Etsy link and local store.  The purpose is to let everyone know your artwork is for sale and where they can purchase it

0 Likes

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TrevorsDogCollarShop

I would like some pointers on titles and tags, please.

Thank you.

1 Like

@TrevorsDogCollarShop Here is our page for SEO that may help you: https://community.etsy.com/t5/art/6-SEO-Tips-For-Success/ta-p/135012651

For titles, I suggest thinking about what the customers are looking for and creating a template.  For example this is my template:

Art Title (MEDIUM) size by Mike Kraus - tag descriptions

For this listing (https://www.etsy.com/listing/1275767758) it may look like:

Template: Item - materials - tag descriptions

Example: Brown Plaid Dog Collars - Sustainable Cotton - pets extra small medium large eco-friendly durable strong

I suggest experimenting with a few different titles for a month or so.  See what works and what doesn't.  Look at the search terms people use to find your shop and add them to your text.  

1 Like

Hello everyone, this is my second store, it's printable art, please can you give me constructive criticism, I remain attentive.

Tota

1 Like

NOW OPEN!!!  The FABULOUS FALL ART FESTIVAL is here!!!  Join us at: 
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi

this is my Shop 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/HandmadeRebeccaShop/ and i want to know what i am doing wrong. I have the Shop since 2020 and i have only 9 sale. I spend the last month try to improve my Shop But still No sale.

thanks

0 Likes

@Totadesignart Sorry for the very slow response.  I just noticed your message this morning.  Fortunately, your shop looks beautiful.  Very well set up.  Was there something specific you had concerns about?

0 Likes

@Former_Member Your shop is set up beautifully.  Here's a couple things:

1) Keep making and adding items to your shop.  More items = more traffic = more sales.  Once you have 150 items, Etsy will boost promotions to your shop.  

2) I believe you have a marketing problem.  How do people know you have a shop?  Where do they find out you have new products or offers?  Are you on social media?  

0 Likes
GiftandCeramics
Inspiration Seeker

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CeramicsCoffee

I made 1 sale and I made a private contact. there are more than 500 clicks, but there are no sales. Help please

Total Views: 847
Total visits: 519
Orders: 1

1 Like

CONGRATS ON YOUR FRIST SALE!  That's usually the most difficult sale to make.  And your first step toward success.  

Your shop looks beautifully set up.  Now we need to let the world know you exist.

For example, these are my average stats:

1238.75 views per sale in 2022
1123.75 visits per sale in 2022

Your averages may end up being higher or lower depending on your products and business model.

The key is answering these questions:
1) Who is my customer?
  • How old are they?
  • What gender?
  • What are my customer's interests?
  • Where do they live?
  • Are they educated?
  • What kind of jobs do they have?

2) Where can I find my customers?  Are they on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, elsewhere?  

3) How can I help my customers with my ceramic mugs?

Answer these questions and the majority of your questions and issues with be answered

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.