Shop Critiques are a great way to give and receive tangible, specific advice.

1) Post your shop address

2) Let us know what you'd like us to focus on (i.e. - photos, description, titles, etc)

3) Be prepared to have a conversation to fully understand critiques and reasoning

4) Be direct, specific, and focus on item being discussed

5) Make suggestions for improvement

6) As always, be kind and be sure to compliment something too.

ImmerseArtStudio
Conversation Maker

Re: Shop Critiques

Hello guys,

if someone has some time and want to give me feedback about my shop it would be greatly appreciated.

I know to have low number of listings, i have a plan to increase them in next days and weeks.

I will welcome to my little dream: https://immerseartstudio.etsy.com

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

@ImmerseArtStudio CONGRATS on your first sale.  That's a big first step toward success.  Here is some more advice:

1) Just keep making - More items = more traffic = more sales.  Once you have 150 items, Etsy will boost promotions of your shop.  And this is very important as we enter the holiday season (October - December).  Historically, this time of year accounts for 75-80% of sales

2) Marketing - How are you inviting people to visit your shop?  Here's a simple template I used to guide my stategies:

The key to marketing is answering these questions:

1) Who are my customers?
  • How old are they?
  • What gender?
  • What are my customer's interests?
  • Where do they live?
  • Are they educated?
  • What kind of jobs do they have?

2) Where can I find my customers?  Are they on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, elsewhere?  

3) How does my product help my customers?

Once you know the answers to these questions, you'll know what to do and where.

3) Holiday Art Festivals - We're hosting several annual Holiday Art Festivals. This is a great way to meet hundreds of other shops and their countless customers.  It's free and you can sign up at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1421541185245595

1 Like
ImmerseArtStudio
Conversation Maker

@MikeKrausArt two questions.

I'm still defining and searching the right product to sell. Any suggestions on the process to find it?

What is the purpose of the fall event festival? Can you help me understand?

1 Like

@ImmerseArtStudio 

1) I see you've sold 2 cat pieces so far.  So, I suggest making more cat pieces.  One is a Christmas Cat.  So, maybe you should make other holiday themed cats.  

For me, making the right products are a balancing act.  If a type of item sells, you should make more of them.  It's possible that you have a shop where you only sell cat art.  But, I've found that is good to experiment with new items too.  So, maybe you try a wide variety of pieces.  You make other pets and animals, still lifes, landscapes, figures, etc.  Try to discover what your customers are interested in.

2) The Fabulous Fall Art Festival is a holiday sales event.  The purpose is the prime our shops for sales during the holiday season (October - December sales historically account for 75-80% of sales).  You post your creations so that potential customers see your offerings.  You like and comment on other people's posts to generate more traffic.  We host activities to encourage lots of interaction.  Working together, we can boost sales for everyone.

1 Like
ImmerseArtStudio
Conversation Maker

@MikeKrausArt for answers.

If you see my shop i am doing exactly what you suggest. I create a couple of different styles and subjects to try define what sell better.

On the other side i'm really struggling to understand how to let etsy search traffic flow in automatic. For now i'm pushing a lot on external website.

Do you have some suggestion on etsy search traffic optimization?

It seems that for now 99% of traffic come from etsy app & pages and from direct

1 Like

@ImmerseArtStudio Etsy is an "unreliable partner."  Some days they can be very helpful.  Many times they can almost seem harmful (Star Seller program is notorious for punishing shops for activities beyond their control).  How Etsy's algorithm works is unknown as they do not make it public.  And it seems to change frequently. 

Personally, I don't think about Etsy Search because of these issues.  I try to improve things within my control.  These are actions like regularly adding new items, social media marketing, and customer service.  

We do have tips for improving SEO at: https://community.etsy.com/t5/art/ART-TEAM-FORUM-SEO/m-p/113559760#M2373368

1 Like
ImmerseArtStudio
Conversation Maker

@MikeKrausArt thank you I will read as soon as possible 

1 Like
FramesAesthetica
Inspiration Seeker

Hello guys! New shop in town  

My photography shop which I decided to start with my wife : https://framesaesthetica.etsy.com/
We love to travel a lot and we said why not to see if we can make some bucks , willing to invest them in our next trips !  

I would love to get critique on our titles and photos, be honest, I m not gonna be mad lol 

Thank you very much!

1 Like

@FramesAesthetica I will send you a private message

1 Like

https://jallurebijouterie.etsy.com

Hi, 

I am hesitant about my titles if these are clear and also attractive.

Thanks so much for the advices.

https://jallurebijouterie.etsy.com

1 Like
ImmerseArtStudio
Conversation Maker

@JallureBijouterie they seems clear to me. I'm not an expert of jewelry but i think titles and photos are good.

1 Like

@JallureBijouterie The titles are appropriate.  It says what the item is.  And has some descriptive words.  

1 Like

NOW OPEN!!!
Do you want a successful holiday season?

FABULOUS FALL ART FESTIVAL!
Kick off the holiday season with friends and fun.  Meet hundreds of artists and countless customers.  How happy are you with your traffic and sales?

1 Like

ok maybe not my etsy store but what about my personal website and shop ?

2 Likes
AyakaAtelier
Inspiration Seeker

Bonjour à tous;

Moi c'est Anne Sophie, j'ai besoin de vos précieux conseils pour ma boutique, je l'ai ouverte le 22 juillet 2023, les statistiques sont assez intéressantes et démontrent plus ou moins d'un certain intérêt pour mes créations :

total des vues : 1059
visites : 663

Mes articles ont tous étés au moins une fois mis en favoris par des utilisateurs Etsy, en revanche, personne ne se lance dans l'achat . Selon qu'est-ce qui fait en sorte que je ne parvienne pas à convertir les vues en vente ?

Voici le lien de ma boutique : https://ayakabdesign.etsy.com

Au plaisir de vous lire !

2 Likes

http://PhelpsFamilyCrafts.Etsy.com

We understand junk journaling ephemera is a rather niche category but we'd like to request a critique of listing tags and pricing specifically, keeping in mind packing material costs + Etsy fees. We've been updating how we title and tag in our newer listings but not sure how much more effective it is than the more old school way of doing it (we had a shop way back in 2010-2011 and old habits die hard, ha).

We opened our shop almost 3 weeks ago so not too surprised there haven't been any sales yet, though if anyone notices glaring issues that we're just too close to see, we're definitely open to discussing them. We'd really love to make this a genuinely handmade success. Thanks so much!!

2 Likes

@AyakaAtelier 

Tes sacs sont magnifiques. Il me semble que vous avez un problème de marketing. Vous avez besoin de beaucoup plus de trafic. Et plus de trafic = plus de ventes.

Que faites-vous pour inviter les gens à visiter votre boutique ?

0 Likes

@PhelpsFamilyCrafts Sorry for the slow reply.  Your shop looks beautiful.  And congrats on your first 7 sales!  Keep doing what you're doing and success will find you!

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

1 Like
ZeybekByTuten
Inspiration Seeker

I'm not sure about the product titles and descriptions. I need your feedback. Thank you

https://zeybekbytuten.etsy.com

0 Likes

@ZeybekByTuten Your titles and descriptions look good.  I do have a suggestion though.  I'll send you a private message

1 Like
ZeybekByTuten
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your interest. 
1 Like

Here is my shop, where right now, I'm selling digital items like coloring pages, planners, and stickers. I have some more stickers to upload and will be uploading them hopefully this week but would like to know what I can do in the meantime to help drive people to buy my items.

https://catmastersondesign.etsy.com 

0 Likes

@CatMastersonDesign It looks like you're off to a great start.  The best thing you can do right now is to keep making and adding new items.  More items = more traffic = more sales.  And it seems your coloring pages (particularly the unicorn) are very popular.  So, maybe add more similar pieces to your shop.  Once you have 150 items, Etsy will boost promotions to your shop.  And other things like SEO, promotions, etc will become more important.

Now, I know that may be difficult as you're about to give birth to your 3rd child.  CONGRATS!  So, some bonus easy advice.  You mentioned being on social media.  We have lots of activities for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.  It's a great way to meet other shopkeepers, grow your following, meet customers, and make sales.  And, it's something you can do between feedings and other chaos.  

0 Likes

@LxJwlryArt It seems like you have a marketing problem.  What are you doing to invite people to visit your shop?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.