ART TEAM FORUM: SEO

Jump to solution
NO POSTING ITEMS UNLESS IT'S APPROPRIATE TO THE QUESTION: Do you have questions about SEO? Post your question here and we'll provide advice so we can all succeed together!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: ART TEAM FORUM: SEO

Jump to solution
Mike Kraus from MikeKrausArt says Highlighted Post
JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE AT: www.facebook.com/groups/271594646600172

Allegedly, Etsy gives "more weight to real, organic placed Faves from a searching buyer, as opposed to click click click faves from fellow team members/sellers." This is to prevent skewing relevancy rating that could come from hundreds of favourites. Even if most of us sellers are also buyers.

So, what can we do to help each other boost sales if viewing, faving, and other games don't help anymore? JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE and post, sell, like, and share!!!

THANKS!!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies

Jump to solution
Mike Kraus from MikeKrausArt says Highlighted Post
JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE AT: www.facebook.com/groups/271594646600172

Allegedly, Etsy gives "more weight to real, organic placed Faves from a searching buyer, as opposed to click click click faves from fellow team members/sellers." This is to prevent skewing relevancy rating that could come from hundreds of favourites. Even if most of us sellers are also buyers.

So, what can we do to help each other boost sales if viewing, faving, and other games don't help anymore? JOIN THE FACEBOOK ART TEAM PUBLIC PAGE and post, sell, like, and share!!!

THANKS!!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi guys, my name is Sarah-- I'm Glenn Greene's Etsy shop manager/advertising & marketing gal. I just wanted to post some tips and answer questions if you have any about Search Engine Optimization for Etsy. Also, if you have any tips, feel free to share!

So what is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
"The process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine."

You're maximizing the number of visitors by tagging and using keywords that are specific to the product you're trying to sell. Etsy makes this process relatively easy by incorporating fields within each listing to enter tags. But you can do more!

1. TAGGING:
Tags can be created in specific areas by separating words or phrases by commas. Example: handmade jewelry, statement necklace, amethyst gemstone... etc. It's best to use tags that are commonly used, but not SO commonly used that your listing would get lost within the search results. So try typing the tags you'd like to use into Etsy search beforehand, and see what pops up. Use that information to guide you on which tags work for your purposes. If there are 10,000 listings utilizing that tag, and 5,000 listings utilizing a different tag-- go with the tag that generates 5,000 search results, it means there's a larger chance you'll be found.

NOTE: Studies show that people browsing the web will click through up to 10 pages within one search. This means that if your listing is not showing up within the first 10 pages of that search term, it's likely your listing is not getting views. It's BEST to show up within the first 3 pages of a search. How can you get your listing to show up? Follow these SEO tips AND post new listings frequently-- at least one every other day.

2. SHOP TITLE:
Make sure your shop's "Title" under "Info & Appearance" utilizes tagging by stating who you are and what you're trying to sell separated by commas. For instance if you're a well known potter in your area and you've established a name for yourself you'll want to incorporate your name into your shop's title and what you sell in a way that your CURRENT AND POTENTIAL customers would search for you using a search engine-- example:

Linda Brown's Pottery, Ceramic Home Decor, Custom Ceramics

3. SHOP ANNOUNCEMENT:
Make sure that the first two sentences of your "Shop Announcement" really sell your shop and make it clear to potential customers what your product is. That's what people see when they come across your Etsy shop on google search. Example:

Welcome to Linda Brown's Pottery! We specialize in handmade ceramic home decor and gifts. Use this coupon code to receive free shipping for a limited time: FREE22

So you've stated who you are, what you sell and given the reader a good reason to click the link to YOUR shop... free shipping coupon! :)

4. PRODUCT TITLES:
It's extremely important to incorporate tagging into your titles. The best way to come up with tags for your titles is to think about what your potential customers are searching for. Here's an example title that is utilizing tags for a ceramic bowl:

Large Ceramic Bowl, Geometric Decor, Hand Painted Bowl, Royal Blue Decor, Pale Pink Decor, White Home Decor, Handmade Ceramic Decor, Handmade Gifts, Linda Brown Pottery

Just put yourself into your potential customer's shoes and think about what they're typing into a search engine to find products within your genre.

5. LISTING TAGS:
Within your product listing Etsy has a specific section for tags, simply titled "Tags" you are able to use 13 tags to describe your product and 13 tags that state the "Materials" used. You can actually copy and paste your title into the "Tags" area. After you do that you'll most likely have several more tags available to add, and it's important to try and use up all of the tags you have available.

6. RESEARCH:
It's a good idea to stay on top of trends both in general and within your own genre. So research what others doing for SEO frequently and continue to work on improving your listings. :)

I hope that's all helpful and relatively easy to read through/understand! Of course there are many other things you can do to improve your listings and your shop. Here are a few resources that have helped me:

www.handmadeology.com/

thinkingforward.tumblr.com/post/37798053532/how-to-optimize-your-et...
4 Likes

Jump to solution
FROM ETSY:

Dear Seller Community,

We’re writing to tell you about some changes at Etsy. We’ve been helping sellers on their creative journeys for 13 years now. We’ve focused on making Etsy the best place to run your creative business, and we’ve listened to sellers like you to learn more about what you need from us.

Now, we’re planning to invest even more in bringing buyers to Etsy, building seller tools, and improving your seller experience. To help make this happen, we’re updating our fees, and we’re adding some new features.

Effective July 16, Etsy’s transaction fee will increase from 3.5% to 5% and it will also apply to the cost of shipping. All other fees, including listing fees, will remain the same.

We’re also introducing new optional feature packages designed around the needs of sellers at different stages of growth, so you can access the right tools at the right time for your business.

If you’re happy with the services you currently use on Etsy, you can still access all the tools that are currently available to you without paying a monthly subscription fee. But if you want to do more, we’ll be offering two new plans: Etsy Plus, with tools to help businesses grow and express their unique brands, will be available in July. Etsy Premium, with more advanced tools for larger-scale businesses, will launch in 2019.

Explore our video and website to learn more about what’s changing and look for more information in the weeks to come. We’re excited to see what’s next for all of us as we continue to invest more in growing your business, together.
0 Likes
ArtBySamanthaR
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Is the original post about seo still accurate?  It is from May of 2018.  I am trying to work on my seo and I am a bit confused about the changes etsy has made as to what is best for my shop.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

for the
AWESOME AUTUMN ART FESTIVAL!
Kick off the holiday season with friends and fun.  Meet hundreds of artists and countless customers.  How happy are you with your traffic and sales?

0 Likes

Jump to solution
NOW OPEN!!!
Do you want a successful holiday season?

FABULOUS FALL ART FESTIVAL!
Kick off the holiday season with friends and fun.  Meet hundreds of artists and countless customers.  How happy are you with your traffic and sales?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Do share the latest SEO tips with AI & the related algorithm changes on Etsy, in the purview. Because, the above post is of 2018. The information could be obsolete now. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@StoreUtsav If you know of any updated information, please let me know.  I'll be sure to add it.  THANKS!

1 Like

Jump to solution

I changed the tags and some things in the titles.

1. Are these tags good for this painting, or do we need to change more?

romantic blue art

decor gift mum dad

living bed room wall

painting about love

In love digital art

Tenderness couple

Surreal abstract art

Surrealism hugging

Picture compassion

Present tender hugs

Man and woman print

Canvas passion

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1680331691/man-and-woman-hugging-painting-girl-boy?click_key=efecb3cbbf...

2. Here's the title: "Man and woman hugging painting, girl boy in love living bed room, romantic blue wall art print, compassion tenderness, canvas ready to hang"

If it doesn't fit, what other words will be added to the title instead of what?

3. Should I repeat words from the title in the description, as some people do?

4. How else can I fill out description of painting to convince users to buy my paintings...

5. ...and store descriptions?

Thank you.

P.S. Please, there is no need to give additional advice about my second painting. Thank you.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@AnastasiiaAspArt This looks very good.  And you'll probably adjust this later.  For example, when my listings expire, I'll look at the stats for the item.  See if people have found the piece.  If they have searched using these words.  If some tags don't get attention, I'll remove them.  And I'll add words that brought people with search that I didn't think about.  

It's always changing.  Always different

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Do you want to make more sales this Spring?  Then Join the 

BRING SPRING ART FESTIVAL

Join hundreds of shops and countless customers as we prepare for Spring.  Share your creations, make new friends, and spruce up your home at: 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1060097501884160

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.