WELCOME TO THE ART TEAM!  We're glad that you're a member.  And we look forward to helping each other find success on Etsy.  Please introduce yourself and you shop so we can be more supportive.

And let us know if there's anything else we can do to help your shops.

Re: Introduce Yourself and Shop To the ART Team

@Totadesignart  ¡Hola Maribel! Estamos muy contentos de que esté en el equipo ART. ¡Y estamos emocionados de ver tus creaciones!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

@SierraSoulDigitalArt Welcome Sue!  And you're off to a good start.  And our holiday kick off party just started at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1934458910278595  It's a great way to meet new people and start making holiday sales.  THANKS AGAIN!

1 Like
TheMagicalTeapot
Inspiration Seeker

Hi there, my name is Lynn and my Etsy Shop is TheMagicalTeapot.  I am new to Etsy as a seller and very new to Instagram.  That’s the only social media I’m on so far.

2 Likes
TheMagicalTeapot
Inspiration Seeker

Hi there, my name is Lynn and my Etsy Shop is TheMagicalTeapot.  I am new to Etsy as a seller and very new to Instagram.  That’s the only social media I’m on so far.  I was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario.  I graduated from York University with an HonsBAEnglish.  I worked for many years as the Ex Dir of a non-profit.  I love tea and teapots. I collect green depression glass and some vintage china and I have a passion for knitting and sometimes create my own patterns.  I dabble in crocheting and sewing as well as designing my own seasonal wreaths.

2 Likes
ArtInstantly
Inspiration Seeker

Hi All,

I'm Laurie Humble. I am a fine artist in Texas. I am the Author of Watercolor Depth & Realism, by North Light Books. I sell my originals and prints at LaurieHumble.com. I recently re-opened ( should have started a new one, but oops!) my Etsy shop to sell affordable digital downloads of my paintings and designs. I would love to hear what you all think.  Art Instantly by Laurie Humble

2 Likes

@TheMagicalTeapot WELCOME LYNN!  Always happy to see Canadians on our team.  I love Toronto.  I'm also from a non-profit background too, but not nearly as accomplished.  And my wife gives grants for a regional foundation.  Thanks again for joining!  Looking forward to helping each other 

1 Like

@ArtInstantly So glad you're here Laurie!  You're a wonderful talent and have had an inspiring career.  Looking forward to finding your book.  Your shop looks beautiful and I expect a great holiday season for you

0 Likes
ArtInstantly
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you so much! Its been a very slow go on Etsy so far. My SEO is about as good as I can get it by most accounts...but it is a saturated category and I am getting very few views on the art. Also only selling as digital downloads and not physical prints on Etsy, which is a bit more limiting. Your work is lovely, how are you finding sales are going with your digital listings as opposed to original and print offerings?

3 Likes

@ArtInstantly Good SEO helps.  But, I find that marketing outside of Etsy on social media and other places really drives sales.  Within the Etsy website, it's too easy to get lost and you have almost no control over the outcome.

I treat my digital, reproductions, and originals differently.  

For digital, I do very well.  They are priced to sell at a high volume.  And they are used by my clients for the most amazing and crazy things.  Essentially, I think of them as candy at the checkout aisle.  Something quick to grab on the way out without much thinking.

I've moved almost all of my reproductions to: https://society6.com/mikekraus  This is for many reasons: 1) Selecting what to reproduce.  What would people want and how many? 2) Sizes: If I made a print would I want hundreds of different options? 3) Variety and merchandise: What if other items are more popular than prints? 4) Space: My studio is too small to convert into a warehouse for reproductions.

For originals, these also do well.  It's a higher price so it's less about "quantity sales" and more about "quality sales."  I think of it like selling cars.  This is my Lexus, prints are my Toyota, and digital are my Scion.  Because of this, I market and treat these three categories differently.  This is because they appeal to three very different types of customers

2 Likes

Hello, all pretty ladies and gentlemen.

My name is Julia.

I love painting, drawing so I have several majors: Art(especially Painting), Fashion Design and Indoor Architectural Design.

Now i am a Fashion Designer(design clothing and Couture hats) and business woman. 

All nice to meet you.  

I love Art people  

1 Like

@LoveActuallyBoutique WELCOM JULIA!  We're so happy to have someone as creative in so many ways as you.  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

2 Likes

Thank you so much

1 Like
NatashaLuiseArt
Inspiration Seeker

Hi, 

I'm a watercolour artist based in the UK. I've just joined Etsy and looking forward to learning how it all works. 

Lovely to see such a supportive community here. Thanks so much for all the likes and favourites.

4 Likes

Hi, thank you for inviting me to be part of the group! My name is Julia, I’m originally from Scotland but live in California with my husband, 3 boys, baby girl on the way and malinois dog… it’s a full house:)  I have studied Psychology, Somatic Therapy, Mindfulness, Yoga teacher training, Crisis Intervention therapy.. and throughout it all, I always find myself wanting to help people feel more grounded, loved, nourished and able to make time for themselves and their self-care. This year I began my business Simpatico Soul, creating organic, natural gift-sets designed to create a relaxing experience from the comfort of your own home for all different seasons of life, such as Pregnancy, Post Natal,Mindfulness, Self -care, Chakra Healing and more..  I hope you enjoy them! I only joined Etsy this month and am so excited to be on this journey with you all. 
My store is SimpaticoSoulGift
Warm wishes and thanks for the Etsy welcome:) 
Julia 

5 Likes

Hi Julia, lovely gift sets you have there. Good luck with everything.

2 Likes

@NatashaLuiseArt So happy you've joined us.  And looking forward to seeing your shop grow!

0 Likes

@SimpaticoSoulGift WECOME JULIA!  You're shop is more necessary than every.  There is so much anxiety and stress in the world.  

Also, if you're on Facebook, you may really enjoy these groups:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/305635098251133/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1934458910278595

0 Likes

Hi, my name is Yvonne and I live in England. Married to Gary with 1 son nearly 50 who has his own house and life. My two dogs Dexter and Molly Dylan &Dotty the cats.

I’ve been selling on ETSY since 2016 I think, time has gone so quick. 
I was a nurse from 16 yr old, took a break to do a fashion degree, I just needed something totally different. I’d always sewn and tried to be creative. We then moved to Silverstone we’re we live now so had to go back nursing which I lived. I worked hard to become an advanced nurse practitioner.I retired in 2016 giving me more time to spend on making dolls clothes. 
initially I sold on EBay then saw ETSY and been selling ever since. I try to be creative but sell at affordable prices leaving very little profit. My custom comes from England and America mostly with the odd Denmark, Holland, France.

I’d like to start introducing my larger 16” dolls Tyler Wenworth to make some gowns etc.

I try to only make one of each item so my shops not repetitive. Please free to critique my shop any comments are welcome good or bad. One major thing I’m not an artist I can’t draw, paint so frustrating. A passion is to recreate dolls faces but they end up look like someone in drag. Any tips would be more than welcome.

2 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I am Boybata nice to meet you all! I'm a freelance artist from Manila and I recently decided to create an art shop here in Etsy. 
I would like to offer my skills to those people want to make their imagination to reality and also of course to showcase my creativity in this platform. I hoping to learn lots of new things here. Thank youu!

By the way support my shop here:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BoybataArts

1 Like

@Miniturecreations So happy to meet you.  Sounds like you know how to enjoy life and your loved ones.  And what a wonderful hobby that's turned into a wonderful business.  It will be wonderful to see your larger creations.

As for drawing/painting, it's the same as sewing or anything else.  Just keep making more to improve.  If you have any photos of your work, feel free to share them.  Always happy to help.

0 Likes

@Former_Member HI BOYBATA!  You have a wonderful shop.  And we're looking forward to helping each other find success on Etsy!

0 Likes

Hello, 

My name is Anne Harlow and I live in Barrie, Ontario, Canada.  My etsy shop, https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/ArtCreationsBoutique , shows my fused glass creations.  I started glass fusing after retiring in 2013 and after a few years of playing, I decided that I should try to sell some of my work and opened the etsy shop.  I also enjoy painting in both acrylic and watercolour and photography is also another passion of mine.

I love nature and animals and birds, so often my creative ideas will stem from my hikes, my gardens and travels throughout the world.    Perhaps some day I will add paintings and photos to my shop.  

Looking forward to being part of this community. 

1 Like

@ArtCreationsBoutique WELCOME ANNE!!!  And you have a wonderful shop.  There's a lot of inspiration near you.  All those forests and lakes nearby.  And excited to see what you create next!

0 Likes
yMovaDesign
Inspiration Seeker

Hi

0 Likes

I live in the state of South Australia - 'gateway to the outback'. I am a self-taught digital artist - with no academic qualifications. I have been involved in computer graphics for over 20 years and have been a member of several forums and online art groups. I made good friends during my time in these groups and even visited online friends in UK and USA which was a joy. I love all animals and have been privileged to have shared my life with many, having bred Angora goats and Shetland Sheepdogs. My only fur animals now are three very spoilt cats. It will be no surprise that my shop is filled with animal portraits.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.