Welcome to our CHAT thread where you can introduce yourself, ask a question, tell a joke, say what you're up to or what you're having for dinner! A place to meet one another. A place to procrastinate and get away from it all for a few minutes. Feel free to post something you like in another team member's shop. If you want to ask a question about something in your shop you may post a link to the item.

What you can't do on this thread is self-promote : ) All random self-promotions will be deleted. Since the leaders of the team can't be present 24/7 we ask members to let us know of any self-promotions by Page # so we can delete the post and keep the chat flowing. If your post is deleted please don't take offense. There is a separate thread for self-promotions where you can show us your new listings, relists, etc. and we look forward to seeing them!

If you are new to the team, there's no need to read pages and pages of posts. Just jump in! Our posters are friendly and helpful!

Please keep your posts clean, positive and family friendly.

Please no calling out on Etsy, administration or other members.

Please keep any harsh differences of opinion in convos and not on the thread.

Let's chat!

MrFilthyRotten
AuntSue
Waalaa

Re: WLV CHAT Only Thread ~ Come Get to Know One Another!

Hi everyone!

So happy to read all of your positive comments regarding getting back to our chat roots!

Rebecca, great advice re laptops! Thanks as always for the team treasury!

A joy to see so many old friends and new ones too!

Not sure how much I'll be here tonight. I woke up with a nasty toothache that oddly enough seems to come and go. It's been bothering me for a couple of days. Of course it's Friday so I'll have to tolerate this until Monday.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

Love this from Salvaged
https://www.etsy.com/listing/193236049/vintage-pabst-blue-ribbon-beer?ref=shop_home_active_23

Win, place or show, it is a winner.

Funky stay cool if you can

Gotta look thru the sales now and see where I am going tomorrow to find some goodies. Night all
:-)
0 Likes

FunkyJunkyVintage says

Bethie, he's the ripe old age of 6!

I came back to bemoan how in the world someone is favoriting an item that I sold three years ago. I sure hope it creates some interest elsewhere in my shop!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Funky, this is happening to me on a regular basis. My best guess is the item is being found in a google search. Why a sold item would be favorited is anyone's guess, but you are right in thinking they may look through the rest of your shop. It's a good thing!
0 Likes

Hi, Vinties!
Can anyone beat this for a long delay in shipping an order????......
Last December I got an order for an inexpensive item with an attached message of how excited buyer was to find it to replace something lost in a fire decades ago.
But when I went out to get it from the gypsy wagon storage, COULD NOT FIND IT.
It was a small item and who knows where the gremlins hid it.
I immediately wrote the buyer with offer of a choice of other similar items or a cancellation of order. "No hurry." she assured me.
I sent at least a half dozen other apologies reiterating that I thought a refund would be best, to no avail.
And today I found another one at a church sale!
I'm sending it out tomorrow.
YaY!
0 Likes

HAHA Great story!!
0 Likes

But, turns out it's not so easy to send it out...
although the order is still in my not yet sent category of sold items (haunting me daily) there is no Etsy shipping label option anymore.
And when I went through all the steps in the Paypal shipnow service, I found out the International First Class is not available through Paypal, (Why???)
There's already been a shipping charge increase from the post office since this item sold, and now I can't even get the on-line discount.
Bleh!
0 Likes

azmzgold from azmzgold says
Howdy all. I just listed a new item 1st time in 8 months. Actually it was a very old listing that I copied. My camera broke last October so no new pics. I'm so sick of the same old stuff in my shop and I'm sure you are too. Aunt sue helped me with step by step directions on how to put my listing into the team promotions. i am forever grateful to her for that. Someone local told me to use a card and reader to bypass the camera but they might as well be speaking to a wall for all I understood. Anyone here willing to make a try? I do have a cell phone to do this. thanks for this long message, Sally

Oh, I hope someone can help you out with that armzgold.

0 Likes

FunkyJunkyVintage from FunkyJunkyVintage says
Well, Spring flew the coop for us long ago, it's "officially" summer here in Phoenix tomorrow but it's been in the 100s for days and days and days.

I've got the grandson till Tuesday so visiting here will be sporadic.

Today he wanted to hang out and do the old man on the couch routine, watching movies in his underwear; I asked him if he was going to put on pants and he said, with a thoughtful look on his face, "Maybe later."

Stay cool funky!

old man grandson! LOL
0 Likes

Cool story JG hope the shipping gets worked out.
0 Likes

After way too much time trying to figure it out, I ended up printing the label on the USPS site. (Luckily I found the password I'd used a year ago)
So, finally, the item will be on its way in the morning.
0 Likes

junquegypsy says

But, turns out it's not so easy to send it out...
although the order is still in my not yet sent category of sold items (haunting me daily) there is no Etsy shipping label option anymore.
And when I went through all the steps in the Paypal shipnow service, I found out the International First Class is not available through Paypal, (Why???)
There's already been a shipping charge increase from the post office since this item sold, and now I can't even get the on-line discount.
Bleh!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I use Stamps.com so I'm totally unfamiliar with etsy's shipping label. I'm not familiar with doing it through PP either. What about printing directly through USPS?
0 Likes

JG so funny! I responded above to your post on the previous page before seeing your post above. Only just now did I see that you did wind up going to USPS. Glad it worked out.
0 Likes

0 Likes

AuntSuesVintage says

azmzgold from azmzgold says
Howdy all. I just listed a new item 1st time in 8 months. Actually it was a very old listing that I copied. My camera broke last October so no new pics. I'm so sick of the same old stuff in my shop and I'm sure you are too. Aunt sue helped me with step by step directions on how to put my listing into the team promotions. i am forever grateful to her for that. Someone local told me to use a card and reader to bypass the camera but they might as well be speaking to a wall for all I understood. Anyone here willing to make a try? I do have a cell phone to do this. thanks for this long message, Sally

Oh, I hope someone can help you out with that armzgold.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can anyone help azmzgold?
0 Likes

azmz--I'm a techno-idiot so not much help. But my camera recently broke. I took it to a camera shop to be sure it couldn't be fixed--nope, the lens was shattered inside. Asked for an equivalent, and was pleasantly surprised. There were a lot of choices which would have overwhelmed me. But the good thing is that at a camera shop, as opposed to a discount store, the salesperson knows photography, cameras, and their uses. After asking me some questions about my use, he narrowed it down to 3 in the $100 price range. The new one is much better than the old one, clearer pics, more powerful zoom, easier to use.
And after I bought it, I came home and googled and found that I didn't pay any more than I would have on an on-line site.
If at all possible, I recommend that you go to a good specialty store for help. It is well worth it. If your photos are bad, your items won't sell. And if the photography process is too awkward or difficult you won't even get items listed.
0 Likes

0 Likes

junquegypsy from junquegypsy says
After way too much time trying to figure it out, I ended up printing the label on the USPS site. (Luckily I found the password I'd used a year ago)
So, finally, the item will be on its way in the morning.

Whew....glad that package is on its way!
0 Likes

Morning all
am headed out soon to go to some sales. Sun is out here today so I will be on the hunt for treasures.

Have a good day everyone and many sales.
:-)
0 Likes

junquegypsy from junquegypsy says
Also---today's Etsy article about photography:
blog.etsy.com/en/2014/4-essential-product-shots-for-your-etsy-listi...

That's a good article JG!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

good morning, teamies!

Junque, what a story....I have been having to pack stuff away to make room for grandchild visit---not sure that I could find anything---yikes!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Not going to sales today---my favorite Saturday activity---too much work to do in house and garden.....

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.