Welcome to our CHAT thread where you can introduce yourself, ask a question, tell a joke, say what you're up to or what you're having for dinner! A place to meet one another. A place to procrastinate and get away from it all for a few minutes. Feel free to post something you like in another team member's shop. If you want to ask a question about something in your shop you may post a link to the item.

What you can't do on this thread is self-promote : ) All random self-promotions will be deleted. Since the leaders of the team can't be present 24/7 we ask members to let us know of any self-promotions by Page # so we can delete the post and keep the chat flowing. If your post is deleted please don't take offense. There is a separate thread for self-promotions where you can show us your new listings, relists, etc. and we look forward to seeing them!

If you are new to the team, there's no need to read pages and pages of posts. Just jump in! Our posters are friendly and helpful!

Please keep your posts clean, positive and family friendly.

Please no calling out on Etsy, administration or other members.

Please keep any harsh differences of opinion in convos and not on the thread.

Let's chat!

MrFilthyRotten
AuntSue
Waalaa
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: WLV CHAT Only Thread ~ Come Get to Know One Another!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

junquegypsy: thanks for your help. I know my camera is too old to fix. Good idea RE: real camera store.Now to find an extra $100.00 to buy a new camera Thanks for the link.
0 Likes

MrFilthyRotten from MrFilthyRotten says

junquegypsy says

But, turns out it's not so easy to send it out...
although the order is still in my not yet sent category of sold items (haunting me daily) there is no Etsy shipping label option anymore.
And when I went through all the steps in the Paypal shipnow service, I found out the International First Class is not available through Paypal, (Why???)
There's already been a shipping charge increase from the post office since this item sold, and now I can't even get the on-line discount.
Bleh!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I use Stamps.com so I'm totally unfamiliar with etsy's shipping label. I'm not familiar with doing it through PP either. What about printing directly through USPS?

I also use stamps.com but recently sold something on ebay so thought I'd give the PayPal labels a whirl. Well, guess what? I also inputted the info into my stamps.com program, same info, same buyer, etc. and the PayPal label was 80 cents more!

I have used the usps.com site for reference a lot, too, and they give the same commercial discount that stamps.com does and you can do International online, also. I like stamps.com because they do have every feature, including Media mail and Parcel Select, and I have all my shipments recorded for easy reference.
0 Likes

Ok, I'm off to help my friend at her garage sale. Pray that I don't melt too badly!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Waves to all my Vintie friends. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood here in SoCal but I know it's going to get hot as you know what in just a few hours. Played Bunco last night and won a few $$$$ - yay for me (finally).

Wishing you all a very happy sales filled day and for those that are treasure hunting I hope you find lots of goodies. Have a great day - hope to see you all later.
0 Likes

Funky - you are a good friend! after my last garage sale I decided to never have one again. Just too much work and time involved.

Anything my family and friends don't want I pack and donate.

I wanted to go thrift shopping today but decided to work on listing some of the inventory I already have.

Hope everyone has a good week end!
0 Likes

Woke up with a headache....I am feeling cranky but can't let my 93 year old dad see it. So I am here to vent . VENT.
Hopefully that worked and I am over it now... lol

Probably spending most of today at hospital seeing mom.... hopefully going to some sales here tomorrow.

0 Likes

Waving to all

Beth, feel better and remember to take care of yourself.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/72756499/1970s-parasol-chinese-parasol-paper?ref=shop_home_active_10

Just got back home from some sales and now I am all pooped out. LOL
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Funky there better be a fan or two in that garage. Just walked my neighbor's dog and I melted. Tucson is keeping pace with Phoenix for temps. supposed to be 104 today.
Here's fantastic item from MFR
https://www.etsy.com/listing/22806434/vintage-demitasse-cup-and-saucer-aynsley?ref=shop_home_active_...
0 Likes

hello everyone, hope that you're having a great weekend so far !

last night went to see the movie "Jersey Boys" with friends & then out to dinner for Italian to celebrate my best friend's birthday - there's nothing better than good friends, good music & good food!
0 Likes

Hi Gang!

Off to pick up moving boxes at Lowe's. Really fairly priced. They're only a mile or so from here which is great.

BBL XO
0 Likes

Hey all! I have been working way to many hours. I have a nice weekend off and today I went to some community garage sales, a church sale and a couple thrift stores. YAY! I haven't done that in awhile. Now that I just finished photographing stuff, I will have a chance to list today while it gets cloudier and cloudier. This is not feeling like the first day of summer, but a good excuse to be indoors now and work on Etsy.

Hope you all have a great day and weekend!
0 Likes

does anyone know how to get a cigarette smell out of wood? I have a nice little desk topper that STINKS. I have used Fabreeze, put it in a bag with open coffee bag for 2 weeks, now it smells less, but still too much to sell.
Wonder if washing down with bleach water would work... any suggestions.
0 Likes

Hi Flabby!

Sounds like a very productive day! I like overcast cloudy days for photo taking.
0 Likes

LuRuUniques says
Edited on Jun 21, 2014

does anyone know how to get a cigarette smell out of wood? I have a nice little desk topper that STINKS. I have used Fabreeze, put it in a bag with open coffee bag for 2 weeks, now it smells less, but still too much to sell.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe something here will help. The vodka idea could be fun ; ) >>>>>>>

http://www.woodmenders.com/removing-smoke-smell-furniture
0 Likes

LuRuUniques says
Edited on Jun 21, 2014

I wonder if you could just let it sit out in the sun? Either that, or how bout in a bag with a dish of vinegar or vanilla? Have you tried Murphy's Oil Soap?
0 Likes

flabbyrabbit says

LuRuUniques says
Edited on Jun 21, 2014

I wonder if you could just let it sit out in the sun? Either that, or how bout in a bag with a dish of vinegar or vanilla? Have you tried Murphy's Oil Soap?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Murphy's Oil Soap. That's a good idea! I love the smell of it! It might be enough to cover up the cigarette odor.
0 Likes

vintagenowandthen says

hello everyone, hope that you're having a great weekend so far !

last night went to see the movie "Jersey Boys" with friends & then out to dinner for Italian to celebrate my best friend's birthday - there's nothing better than good friends, good music & good food!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Sounds like a great time! I can see Jersey boys just by looking out my window lol. Only thing is they don't sing!
0 Likes

One of the things I love about selling vintage and especially looking around through your shops is I see so much that I grew up with (and some that I still live with lol : ) My Mother had a glove box just like this one.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/193675522/vintage-pink-quilted-satin-glove-box?ref=pr_shop
0 Likes

Hi everyone and happy first day of summer. Y'all have been busy. Going to movies, thrifting, etc.

I was on my way to three estate sales today and didn't make it to a one! That's because I got sidetracked by three others I didn't know about and they were 50% off. Got some great smalls for my shop.

Tulsa is a great city for estate sales and easy to find your way around. I have been to a total of six this week and still missed out on two or three others.

I just love poking through other people's stuff!

I am just in and back out as I'm busy renewing some tools and am posting them in the threads.

Enjoy your weekend! Hope the Sales Fairy sprinkle sales dust all over your shops!
0 Likes

So hoping that tomorrow dad will be well and we can get an early start. If I get him to hospital to early to see mum I can get some therapy by getting to some sales....a couple of good finds could cheer me up!

And as whiny as I am i know it is so much harder for them.

Wishing the sales fairy visit you all tonight!
0 Likes

Hi Everybody,

I need some help finding a replacement Pyrex piece. I'm probably going to repeat this a couple times over the next week or so. Have a request for an insert that goes in a chafing dish.

It's similar to this one but with no divider. She said that hers didn't say Pyrex but the dimensions are the same; 9 7/8 inches (25cm) across and is 3 3/4 inches (65mm) deep and tapers to 8 inches across at the bottom.

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/162801442

The lady said that the dimensions were the same as the one I sold, just no divider.

She sent me a couple photos, I don't know if these will come through or the links will work but giving it a try. I'm really interested in helping her find a replacement for this; was a wedding gift 40 years ago and some recent house guests broke it and she's heart broken about it.

https://img1.etsystatic.com/029/0/26404129/icm_fullxfull.42199249_io0y4fbz97kkw04wwk48.jpg

https://img1.etsystatic.com/030/0/26404129/icm_fullxfull.42199251_b668dhzry3kkwg8c008s.jpg

https://img0.etsystatic.com/034/0/26404129/icm_fullxfull.42222498_duh25ee5zjswsgo04g0o.jpg
0 Likes

Oh, Beth! Don't feel guilty about the whines. It is an unexpectedly stressful twist when one has to begin caring for parents. Do the best you can, but remember to take care of yourself too. And if there are siblings, do share the responsibilities.
Here's a cheery card from Carrie...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/181464361/vintage-cheer-up-card-dog-with-flowers?ref=sr_gallery_1&ga_se...
XXOO
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.