If anyone has any problems or questions then please feel free to reach out here. And I hope if anyone knows anything that would be useful then please comment.

Re: Queries, Questions, Chit Chat

Jump to solution
Thanks Anna, I never knew that either!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I sent this message to Kate. I was also wondering if any of you have run into this situation and how you handled it. Thanks, Frances

Hi Kate, I need your advise on an issue. I had a customer purchase a Hattie Carnegie Hat. I worked with her on the fit. I tried it on, because it fits me, then I provided her with my head measurements. She had a friend measure her head and it was slightly larger than mine, but she proceeded to purchase the hat anyway. My return policy is clear. I do not accept returns unless the item arrived damaged or was completely different than my description. My policy also indicates that the customer needs to contact me within 3 day of receipt of the item. She received it on November 5th and she is just now contacting me. I don't want unhappy customer's and I definitely don't want a "bad shop review", on the other hand what good is a return policy if I give in to every customer that doesn't want the item for one reason or another, once received. Do you have a solution/suggestion that we could both live with. I would definitely have her pay for return shipping and I was thinking maybe a partial refund. Just not sure.

Thanks,
Frances
LunasVintageDesigns
0 Likes

Jump to solution
To all who have a problem finding Simichrome to test Bakelite - the product MAAS does the exact same thing, is cheaper per ounce and can be found on amazon. It's the 4 ounce paste in a tube I have found works.
1 Like

Jump to solution
How do I sign up for the Etsy program that allows one access to Etsy help? I received the info about this new program back in August when My husband was quite ill, and now I can't find it anywhere. Sent an email to Etsy help a week ago and no reply yet.

Betsy, thanks for the Maas tip. I already use this to clean metal. It's great!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Deb -- I'm not sure whether this is what you are looking for but it's where I'd go for additional help. First go to your dashboard and click on "Community & Help". This will give you a drop down menu and at the very bottom there should be a link entitled "Premium Support beta". I think that might be it...fingers crossed!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Is anyone else ticked off about FB and the new revelations about sharing our personal info? I've decided to leave for good. I'm so tired of Zuckerberg's treating us like we're stupid. I'm sure it's really too late and who knows the damage, but I'm gone. 🙂
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Betty - I have also been very bothered by Zuckerberg's greed, deceit and denial. I am going to wait until next year to see if FB takes any accountability and/or steps to improve how they protect our "Personal Information." If it is the same old song and dance, I too will be closing down my FB account.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Deborah - ETSY also has a help number you can call. I have found the customer service reps very helpful. Here is the number 1 (844) 659-3879.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Betty, I'm not happy with FB either and, like Frances, will wait to see what, if anything, they will do to improve. I've completely given up using it for anything personal and just use my business page. I don't think I will ever use my personal page again no matter what they do!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm not sure if you have all read this, but here is a link and an excerpt from it:
https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/improvements-coming-to-etsys-community/382278462891

** ....."In order to put the finishing touches on these updates, we’ll be entering a brief read-only period in Teams and Forums spaces from January 10-22. During that time you’ll be able to view community content, but unable to post comments or start new discussion threads." **

My understanding of this is --- NO promo threads can be posted at this time (1/10-22). So - we will not be able to post in any of the current threads at all, nor can leaders make new threads and pin them.

ALSO***NEW SHIPPING RATES 🎁:
https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/january-2019-shipping-rate-changes-for/447100221513?ref...
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Re shipping rates, i was slightly burned today. Do check these out for your larger items, and especially the limits on box sizes, over size box I shipped today had a 25% up charge. 22” is the limit, mine was 22 1/8. 😕

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks for sharing this, Renee. We might be able to do some of our activities using FB, G+ and pinterest during this period.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Are we able to list now? I'm trying but see no "Preview" or "Publish" buttons. Yikes!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Mine looks okay, Betty but I'm checking from draft listings that I'm working on. I'm not sure what's going on with yours but if it persists, I'd call Etsy for help!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks, Anna - It suddenly changed, and all is well. 🙂
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Looks like we are back up and can post again -- the new format is going to take some getting used to! 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Is there an easy way to get to other threads once you've finished with one? I keep having to go back to Teams and choose VV. Nuts!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi Betty, I don't know if this helps you, but it's what I do. Scroll up to near the top of the page and look for the links (in blue): Welcome to the Etsy Community > Etsy Teams > Vintage Vogue > (and whatever you are currently working in). Click on Vintage Vogue.

There may be a better way, but it works for me.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

To go to another activity you click on Vintage Vogue on the title of the current one and you will be back at the Team Page

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks, Alycea! 🙂

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I leave the pages open on my desktop.  You cannot copy the links to the activities lol!  I wonder why...  I guess we will get used to it.  

1 Like
Retromagination
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Just checking in to say hello. I find the new team stuff challenging in a technical way, but I will do my best. I have deleted myself from most teams except for my very favourite as it all seems so complicated now. I hope it gets easier as we go along. Best wishes for Valentine's Day sales.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi there, SherryAnn,

Yes these things do take time getting used to...at least we are all in the boat together! Kate has created an outside site to help take care of our blitzing activities since Etsy seems to be discouraging promotion. Here's the link: 

https://groups.io/g/vintagevogue/chat/2234

Come on over and take a look!

Anna 🙂

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Kate has created a place in the groups.io page to drop off all sales: https://groups.io/g/vintagevogue/chat/2246

It seems that our new page here on Etsy penalizes promotional activities; at least my sales went completely off as soon as I started using it. I stopped, 5 sales. I started doing some of the threads, no sales. I stopped again; 5 sales. This might be a coincidence. But a number of teamies have been thinking that this Etsy page is a great place for queries and comments and not-so-good for leaving links. We may be better off blitzing outside of Etsy. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Is anyone using the DM service? It is very difficult to contact members now.  There is no notification in our Etsy shops to say we have Community Mail?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.