Impossible to appeal removed listing? Book removed

Jump to solution

Hi All, 

I've had a book inactivated by Etsy - Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky, 1925.

I believe this was done in error as I have several other of the author's works in my store and many other people sell Crime and Punishment on Etsy. I tried to appeal via the help centre but received an email back saying something like "We will not look into this, it's undisputable".

I would imagine this has been removed automatically by an algorithm looking to implement some embargo on Russia, but this is an antique item made before the country of Russia as it is today even existed. I imagine it's all legal for them to pick and choose what to allow on Etsy, but suppression of information feels a bit like a suppression of the first amendment.

Any advice, or any Etsy moderators that can look into this?

Many thanks.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Impossible to appeal removed listing? Book removed

Jump to solution

Someone got in contact with me and is helping to resolve it - I think posting about the issue in the forums brings it to their attention. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Jump to solution

Good Lord. What next! I am a vintage bookseller and will follow any of your updates with great interest. I wonder if there will come a tipping point when bots start costing Etsy more $$ than they save it.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Someone got in contact with me and is helping to resolve it - I think posting about the issue in the forums brings it to their attention. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.