Let's talk about Books!

Or

Shop Talk!

Share what's on your mind from book topics to shop promotions, etc.

One Rule:
MUST HAVE BEVERAGE OF CHOICE IN HAND!☕

COME STAY A WHILE!

Inspiration Photo:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/benmurray/5106627523/

(Credit: Ben Murray, Flickr: brmurray--CC BY-NC 2.0).

Re: ☕ COFFEE CORNER ☕

So last night I read from two books ... lively entertaining Friday night at my house!

Robert Parker's Spenser series ... SixKill
and one of Clive Cussler's treasure hunting stories

mindless distraction ... not trying to learn anything, get into philosophy or self improvement on Fri nights .... frozen pizza for supper and then some easy reading.

What are you reading these days?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Back to reading educational blogs and winter decorating magazines. Still working on Anna Karenina. Nights like your Friday do develop into good memories....Enjoy!
0 Likes

Reading an old book about sign painting. My grandfather was a sign painter and I sill have many of his signs and lots of scrapbooks of photos of all his signs.
0 Likes

Sign painting - that's a profession that has "gone by the wayside". I'm sure it's evolved into graphic art & media type work ... but that doesn't have the same "romantic" sound as sign painter.
0 Likes

I have two little books from my childhood that I'm so happy that I found again after many years.
0 Likes

I just finished reading Barbara Vine's A Dark-Adapted Eye, and I'll miss reading it.
Now looking for my next bedside book.
0 Likes

Guess who stayed up 3 hours past her bedtime last night reading ... to finish the book ... <<< This girl right here.

Long day today!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just finished The Little Lame Prince by Dinah Murdock and LOVED it I'm collecting it now in addition to all Robert Penn Warren books and W B Yeats -- I like to collect every different edition of books or authors i love and now add this one to the list -- speaking of, I'm now reading Smoke by Dan Vyleta and it's wonderful .. like, wonderful. Everyone should read it.

Beverage in hand: iced grande skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks. I know it's too cold but hey i'm addicted and i need the caffeine at ten oclock at night right? Im an idiot. Oh well. :)
0 Likes

I shared a post on my personal facebook page asking people what they are reading ... my gosh that's been the biggest, most interactive post I've every had on my own page! it's at 50+ comments!!

Thank God for Readers!
0 Likes

I do an occasional BOOK OF THE DAY post on FB. I love the response when i find out how many of my friends have read even the most off beat books. My bedside reading tonight are some musty notebooks I found in an antique shop today. 1916 notebook with handwritten notes and drawings on geology and zoology and another composition book from London with experimental notations from a study on h influenza.
0 Likes

Happy Holidays, Everyone!
0 Likes

https://www.etsy.com/listing/484488934/cowgirls-women-writers-book-rodeo-doris?ref=shop_home_active_...

I am not much of an entire book reader. I love books that are unique and easy to read in small bursts. Like Walt Whitman
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I started reading House of Leaves night before last when I couldn't sleep. Now I'm getting little to nothing else done because it's so good!
0 Likes

LOL @ setting aside household chores in exchange for the reading of a good book.

I received A Dogs Purpose for Christmas ... was excited because of the hype around the movie and anticipating a really good read. I'll admit I'm a bit disappointed and set it aside after 6 chapters or so. It seems like it's written at a 6th grade reading level.

I know that's the average reading level in the US, but this just seems over simplified. sigh.

Anybody else read it and have insights? Am I a reading snob?
0 Likes

Had to read the reviews....I don't think it is for me.
0 Likes

Thank you, Noel for keeping things going while I was away!
0 Likes

You're welcome Stephanie ... we've got a great team of people working hard here!

0 Likes
stonebridgeworks
Inspiration Seeker

I just posted some Richard Brautigan. That brings back great memories of high school--or, at least, learning more from Brautigan than from my English class lol. He was prolific for someone who died young. I think, like Vonnegut, he caught the tenor of that time for many people.
0 Likes

I think this is a characteristic of truly talented writers, those who can speak for their time and illustrate it well. This is so important in terms of history and culture.
0 Likes

Lots of books that I would never sell, many of them vintage books about flowers and birds. Also have a small collection of vintage children's books as well as vintage Christmas books. plus the cookbooks...don't get me started!
0 Likes

Has anyone tried etsy Pattern for making a website? If so, did you find it easy to use and has it been beneficial for your business?
Thanks-
0 Likes

Karen,

I have considered it, so I am curious as well.
0 Likes

Who's looking forward to summer?

Please share your vacation destination/s and your book (or books) in hand.

0 Likes

So... Who pins on the team's Pinterest Board?
I have asked to be invited to pin and have not ever gotten a response.

Why are there only 5 pinners? Is this board open to all members? This is an under utilized source of promotion and sharing.

My pinterest link is readily available & posted in my shops profile.

I also started an etsy forum group for pinning your books called Best Book Buys! I invite all to post thei books snd oaper ephemera there.
0 Likes

Great question! Only one person can open an account and ours was opened by a former team leader. To be invited to pin, one must make a request to a current team leader to be added to any team board of interest. Thank you for your request and all your hard work. Happy team pinning!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.