Vela not syncing my changes, or new listings

Hi all

I too love Vela, I'm new to Etsy but it's been a god send.

However I've been trying to make a few updates recently but none of them are syncing across to Etsy, and I've just noticed that any items that I've listed on in the last few weeks aren't showing when I log into Vela.

Has anyone else had the same issue and know of a way to sort this?

Thanks for your time.

Hayley.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Vela not syncing my changes, or new listings

Hi Hayley,

I appreciate the support! Per my direct message we'll be sure to investigate and get the issue resolved ASAP.

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes

Hey there,

I am new to Vela and am so grateful (and relieved) to have been able to update some wording in my 400+ listing descriptions yesterday.

However, I am trying to add a photo to each of my active listings using the same tools and am not having any luck. I get the "syncing" symbol moving, but then it spins and spins without loading. I left it alone for a few hours yesterday but still haven't had any movement. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help and for a great tool!
Sarah K
0 Likes

Hey Sarah -

Thanks for reaching out and we appreciate the support! I'll take a look, but to clarify, is the photo you meant to add reflected in Vela?

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Having the same issue as Sarah, photos are replaced in Vela, but after sync is "complete", the old photo on Etsy still remains.

Does Vela allow massive bulk updates? i.e. 200 listings at a time? This is only for 30 photos and I'd hesitate to try it for larger updates...if during a 200 listings update Vela has a hiccup, it could cause a big problem.

Thank you
0 Likes

Hi Justin,

Yes - I actually resolved it so I wanted to report back. I think my photo was too large of a file. It wasn't too large for Etsy when I add it directly, but I tried a smaller file size (of the same photo) and that went through just fine.

It was for 400ish listings so frankly I'd also like to say THANK YOU ;)

Sarah K
0 Likes

0 Likes

Hello,
how do you guys synchronize data with Etsy? I tried to log out and log in and I still cannot get recently listed items to Vela ...
thank you
0 Likes

Hi Elena -

Thanks for reaching out! I replied to you directly as well, but in case anyone else has the same question, here's a quick video that explains how the sync process works.

https://getvela.com/intro

0 Likes
ThrowinStones
Inspiration Seeker

Here is more clarity on Vela / Etsy sync from Justin at Vela. (The nutshell version... every 4 hours automatically and in the moment if you push an update from Vela to Etsy):

"Vela communicates with Etsy by automating the sync process in the background, rather than forcing you to have to wait through extensive loading times. That said, new listings created, existing listings renewed and/or updates performed directly in Etsy will not be reflected in Vela until the next timed sync, which occurs roughly every 4 hours. However, if you were to perform an update in Vela and click "Sync Updates", then we would initiate a complete sync with Etsy and at that time pull in any new sections, listings, tags, photos, etc... that have been created in Etsy since the last automated sync." - Justin of Vela
0 Likes
SoftDesignGifts
Inspiration Seeker

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND TIME WITH VELA ! i HAVE UPGRADED ACCOUNT BUT I TRY TO UPDATE MY LISTING SINCE YESTERDAY!!! STILL, WAIT...WASTING MONEY AND IMPORTANT IS TIME!... I HOPE TO FIND A BETTER APP..

0 Likes
ChickMockDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I have exactly the same problem. No matter if I publish the listings as 'draft' or right away. They will not show up in Etsy and after having done tons of listings in Vela after refreshing the page all listings disappeared in Vela. I lost 2 full days trying and getting it to work but it doesn't. VERY FRUSTRATING

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.