Saved selections

I'm currently using Vela to run a series of short term 'flash sales'. I'm doing this by selecting a series of linked tags and then applying the sale price to those items and adding a brief note to the beginning of the description.

Reversing this will require me to remember the tags I used! It would be very useful if I could save the selection I made in some way, like saved search parameters.

Is this likely to be possible?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Saved selections

I've also discovered, and this is not a complaint just a warning to others, that if you make two sets of changes as I did to price AND description, these need to be applied separately before syncing.

I didn't do that and now have to find the reduced prices and edit the descriptions to tell people its a sale item!
0 Likes

Thinking about it further, the ability to reverse changes made would be nice. If I reduce a price by 5%, reversing it means I have to increase prices not by 5% but by 5.26%. If it was a single price I could simply enter the new price as a replacement figure, but with variations that isn't possible.
0 Likes

Hi Ian -

Thanks for reaching out and I'm thrilled to hear you've begun to use the platform. To answer your questions, if you were to add a specific tag to a selection of listings and also edit those listings prices and descriptions as part of a flash sale, you could then later find those specific listings by using the sidebar filters on the main listings page to search for listings that contain that unique tag.

As for the option to undo, or a way to revert listings back to a previous state, this is something we are currently exploring and plan to implement in the future.

Hopefully this provides a little clarity, but I'll be sure to keep you updated and please feel free to reach out at any time.

Thanks,
Justin
0 Likes

Unfortunately I can't add tags - I had already considered that - because I've been following Etsy advice and using all of them whenever possible. What I'm going to do for future listings is leave a free space, but editing the 750+ existing ones will be a bit of a nightmare...
0 Likes
PuddleKickers
Inspiration Seeker

I was thinking about the problem of tracking items that we edit so that we can come back and modify or undo the changes at a later date. Most of us use all of our current tags on at least some of our listings, so this is not a viable option without sacrificing a tag.

But what fields do most of us never use? How about the style option? I've read on forums that Etsy currently ignores this option in search results so its basically useless to use for that purpose.

We could use it to classify an edit or a sale. So for example, we could classify a sale as the style "Rocker", tagging every item in that sale with the rocker style. You can even go two levels with it if needed like "Rocker and Mod" and "Rocker and Zen" if you have 2 variations of a given sale.

As long as Vela can search on those terms (I haven't actually checked yet) then we can bring them up whenever we need to modify or revert the edits.

What do you think?
0 Likes

That's a great piece of lateral thinking. I've checked and Vela does allow the editing of styles, so unless that field is used by Google and other search engines (I don't think it is) this is a good workaround the problem, until Vela come up with a better answer.

It's a pity Etsy removed the ability to set your own styles.

Another option might be to persuade Etsy to add a flag (or 2 or 3!) to listings that would be invisible to buyers and could be used for listing management admin purposes.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.