Well, this is a new one on me...

I had a couple of convos from a customer.  They came in very early before I got up this morning.  I was responding to them later this morning and afterward, I got this at the top of my conversation list:

Weekly response rate:
2 hours
Almost there! Typically sellers that respond to new messages in under 2 hours have a higher conversion rate. Tell us what you think.

I don't think they REALLY want to know what I think!  Talk about Big Brother!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
27 Replies
frighten
Conversation Maker

Re: Well, this is a new one on me...

I looked and I have it as well. I'd like to sum up my thoughts with an interpretative way of counting to 2. 

mister rogers middle finger GIF

13 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

LOL!  You go Fred! :)

Can I borrow this?

Best wishes,

2 Likes
frighten
Conversation Maker

@BigDogLadysJools Sure! I just found it on Giphy. 

1 Like

@frighten  Love it!

2 Likes

LOL -- I also need this gif in my life. Thanks for sharing it!

2 Likes

Sir...

We must discuss your attitude.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

i saw the thread on that on... i can't keep track of the convoluted forum titles! anyway, it is madness. how do they expect people to do that? it sounds like that message was designed for doctors wearing pagers, not internet item sellers. unless you have a staff how could you possibly meet those impossible demands on response time? sounds like a generic message was sent to people on the wrong platform.

3 Likes

I'm usually a pretty fast responder unless I'm sleeping.  We are a global marketplace here, aren't we?  Hmmm, sometimes when I'm sleeping, the other side of the world is awake. 

I guess I'm supposed to tie an electric shocker to my toe that goes off if I get a convo overnight!

9 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

"I guess I'm supposed to tie an electric shocker to my toe that goes off if I get a convo overnight" . . . LOL XD

2 Likes

So, do you only see it if you have responded to a conversation recently?  I don't see anything on my conversation page right now.

1 Like
frighten
Conversation Maker

@BlueSpruceCrafts Possibly. I don't get many convos anymore but did get and answer one this morning. 

1 Like

It must be a test. I don't have it either, and I was just responding to conversations earlier today.

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Who are these people who think up this stuff?

I sure as heck aren't gonna wake up every hour during the night to see if I have a convo so I can respond within 2 hours. Gimme a break.

And lets not forget the TIME ZONES ! Yes- I'm yelling - at the people who thought up this new ... headache.

So now we have to repond to a convo at 4 A.M. when we should be sleeping ?

7 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Oh and 1 more thing. Sometimes I get a nice friendly convo from another seller . The convo sometimes is just chit chat and not related to a sale . Point being - well you get it.

3 Likes

Another very good point why this is so incredibly stupid @Lionfishvintage !

2 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

I sent a couple of questions to Etsy over a month ago and still haven't received a response.

11 Likes

I just completed the survey and basically told them to get their **bleep** out of my shop, I am SO SICK of their suggestions about what I could do better, and yet they ignore us otherwise. God forbid one has a problem and needs help! I told them they need to take care of themselves and that I think I know how to run a shop.

7 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

FunkyJ- right on!

2 Likes

Listen, don't get me wrong, there is a place for etsy training, I get that new sellers need direction and they should have all the tools they need to get their shop running optimally. Etsy does need to post training on the never ending changes that is short, sweet, and succinct. However, in light of how they've ignored so many issues in bugs the last several months, for example: how my tracking on many many of my orders suddenly disappeared that I posted about months ago (it literally says "no tracking" where I very clearly had added tracking; over 40 orders on 3 pages was as far back as I could stomach and was freaking out) that has to this day gone unanswered, not to mention all the threads I've read about problems that are never answered, then to post a lecture about my convo response time? Uh, no thank you. 

I was a very successful sales manager for a well known company for 18 years, I had the use of a free vehicle every two years, I did local and regional training, I was a single mom and supported two kids, I don't need lectures from people most likely younger than my own children about my convos, and that stupid "your shipping is too high" b.s., along with all these other things blaring in my face every time I go to my shop anymore. I need the money, and I make decent sales for the time I'm able to invest, so I stay. I like what I do, I do NOT like the running of this place lately, though.

The rubbing-me-the-wrong-way has been cumulative for quite a while, I'm SO not cool with myself about being so easily rattled. I'm so tired of the condescending disrespect that sellers are shown by assuming that we're all incompetent and naive. Put the training and tips in an easy to find place where all sellers who NEED it can find it without going in circles. And then get out of the way. Please.

6 Likes
BigDogLadysJools
Conversation Maker

Way to go, FunkyJunky, you speak for a lot of us.  :)

I'm still waiting for the toll free 24 hour call support and/or Live Chat that every other public company seems to have.

Best wishes,

2 Likes

So absolutely agree Funky! Kinda like, 'you play in your background and I'll play in mine'.

1 Like

I also completed the survey and let them know exactly what I think about this.  If it shows up in any of your convo lists, I encourage you all to do the same.  We are not in grade school here and we don't need this constant watching and scolding.  Etsy grade on this = F-.

3 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

It just sounds like a suggestion or statistical information.  Nothing more or less.  I would just move on by, but the posts here have been interesting to say the least.  Thanks for the smile.  Those, and reading about the mayor of South Bend, Indiana have been the highlight of my week so far.

2 Likes

Well, here we go. I'm seeing this on every listing I've looked at today, below the large main photo:

"Have a question about the item? Send a message.

This seller usually responds within a few hours."
1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.