Question for Firefox Users

I do most of my work on my laptop using firefox, but since Friday I have not been able to opening it (Firefox). Has anyone had this problem and found a way to fix it? If so, will you please share the information with me?

Forgive me if this isn't something I should post here. The "Members Q & A" section isn't in the drop down menu when using my phone.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
21 Replies
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Re: Question for Firefox Users

Have you tried Chrome, Chrome is pretty good =]

1 Like

I use Chrome on my phone and Firefox on my laptop. I may have to use Edge or download Chrome if I can't get Firefox anymore.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

i'm on an old pc and i have firefox quantum without issues. what happened with your firefox? what os are you using? have you tried safe mode to see if you need to disable any outdated addons? not sure what went wrong, sorry. good luck.

anywhere on the team is a good place to ask any question. :)

1 Like

Thanks @vlmkpyae I'm using windows 10 and it's been working fine until Friday of last week. I can't even get to safe mode because firefox isn't working at all. I double click to bring it up but it just won't come up at all.

1 Like

I suggest you update your firefox.

0 Likes

@buffalogirls I can't get firefox at all. I double click it from the desk top of my laptop and the twirly thing comes up like it's trying to load but then nothing. Is there a way to update it without bringing it up?

1 Like

Ok so, the first obvious question is.... have you tried doing a reboot on your computer?

Second, did you change anything on your computer prior to this happening?  Examples include... installing anything new, a virus scan or malware scan that found something and put it under quarentine, changing settings in firefox or another program on your computer, etc.

If you have tried the first, and NOT done the latter, then I would suggest a re-install.  You can get the install file directly from Mozilla.   You probably won't have to uninstall first before reinstalling.  BUT, if you do a reinstall without the uninstall, and it doesn't work to fix the problem, try again by first uninstalling firefox, then using the download to reinstall.

2 Likes

@GatheringCharms 

I've tried restarting my laptop twice and still nothing. Is restarting the same as rebooting?......sorry I'm not very tech saavy. If not, how do I reboot? I haven't installed anything new (at least not knowingly), however, I did do a scan but everything was ok. I used Edge yesterday (sparingly), and am using it right now, but I don't care a lot for it.

0 Likes

Rebooting and Restarting are the same thing.  :)

It sounds like it's time to do a reinstall and see if that helps.   Even if it is not a problem with Firefox, but a problem with the latest Win10 update, it won't hurt anything to try the reinstall.  

Your last resort would be to back out of the newest Win10 update.   But, I have a feeling if the update is causing firefox issues, that the makers of firefox are on it, and they'll have a fix ready pretty promptly.  They're usually pretty good about that.

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

I've been having lots of probs with Firefox for several months.Last time I updated it, it wiped out all kinds of stuff and changed everything around. I'm thinking of never using it again. 

My printer isn't working , so yesterday had to go to library to print out a shipping label. It wouldn't work with Ffox . Payment went through and was completed. Computer guy said to switch to Google Chrome and that did the trick and my label printed.

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Oh and I agree that Google Chrome is way better than Ffox .

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

i'm sorry. i hit reply and my browser burped and hit solution. :( not sure if i can fix that...

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

oh, good. there is an option to remove select as solution. whew. sorry if anybody got confused.

ok, @RobinsonsHandyCrafts . what version of firefox do you have? i can see if there is anything online about a bad update last week or something.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

i did quick online checking. someone posted on some comp site that firefox is dead after windows 10 updated friday, april 19th. they said the solution was to run firefox in win 7 mode. no, i don't know all the details.

1 Like

@vlmkpyae wrote:

i did quick online checking. someone posted on some comp site that firefox is dead after windows 10 updated friday, april 19th. they said the solution was to run firefox in win 7 mode. no, i don't know all the details.

Thank you for your efforts. I really appreciate the extra mile you went to look into this. Well, I quess it's time to read Google Chrome's terms of service. I've been putting off downloading it for a couple of years and I think it's time now :)

BTW do you know how to reboot?

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Chrome is a good choice =]

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

0 Likes

I checked the wikihow one out yesterday and it didn't help. I think the problem may be the windows 10 update because it worked fine up until then. I'll check out the other link shortly. Thanks again!

eta: I just went to the other link you sent me @vlmkpyae and noticed that I read that one yesterday as well, but it didn't help either. Thanks anyway :)

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

it's the win 10 update, i'm positive. look into that one and see what microsoft says. i'm on linux since my win 7 crashed last year and i decided to go for a free os. i've been on firefox since 2002.

0 Likes

@GatheringCharms  Thanks for the reply. Hopefully firefox does an update that is compatible with the Windows 10 recent update.

@vlmkpyae  I checked and it does appear that firefox isn't compatible with the Windows 10 recent update.  Btw  neither is Chrome (according to what I read) 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

oh, how awful! shame on microsoft! :( good luck.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.