It seems like there should be a single thread where team members could just gather and catch up with eachother about nothing in particular.  It's nice to have other threads to discuss a particular topic, but would also be nice to have a thread where you could go to see who's around at that moment.

You know, like a never-ending, continuously running thread.

Thoughts?

SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Re: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

According with the weather forecast, the temperature would be 10 F yesterday and today, but it remain in 57 F. And no more snow since last Sunday. Stay home because of quarantine and because of the weather. On the other hand, I do enjoy it.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

@SwissZahlerArt , that is really warm for this time of year.  It's barely below freezing in Michigan this afternoon, but we are supposed to get 6-9 inches of snow overnight tonight.

0 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

Stay safe and warm.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Subject of food ~ There is a wonderful book out there that I think everyone should read.  The School Of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister.  @MilaSmilasDogClothes , , @Artbesico , @SwissZahlerArt   

And anyone else I missed.  @sewandSewSister.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I thought it was a cookbook until I Googled the title and author.  The book sounds interesting.  

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@collecteddust "... about the evocative lessons that food teaches about life." - That sounds interesting =]

1 Like

Jump to solution

The author stresses that the scent of different foods brings back memories associated with different occasions in our lives. ( which I believe completely). Some food scents make us feel happy and so forth. She has a few books outthat I am going to explore ~ The Scent Keeper is next for me!

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@collecteddust Oh that is definitely true too, some food do bring back memories, like some music do too. It takes you back in time, like going back to certain places in a time tunnel.

1 Like

Jump to solution

The books are fascinating. They are told in a fictional setting, but the "meat" of the books is so true. What mood or remembrance do cloves have for you? ( < just an example ). There is implication that dementia patients can be helped  a bit through the sense of smell.... bring back memories.

@Artbesico 

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@collecteddust This does sound like a very interesting read =]

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

etsy is not loading. not messages, not purchases, nada.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae Is it working now?

0 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae 

Are you still having a problem, Sill? It's loading okay for me.

0 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

we don't have fresh food. we don't have deliveries. next door is closed. we have mail order food only and what is left frozen from last year.

no, art, you are not naughty. 

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae If we are then we can eat in the naughty corner =] 

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

alright, i'll sit with you in the naughty corner. please pass the chocolate mousse.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@vlmkpyae Oh I wouldn't mind having some chocolate mousse too, I will get us some of that and we can have a feast =]

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I think Dorothy and Toto will be heading for warmer weather 'somewhere over the rainbow'. For the next 9 days Kansas will hit single digits each morning and the highs will only be in the teens! Snow up to 6" and there will not be any melting for awhile. Wish I could 'click my heels together' and have Florida weather instead.

Guess my sewing room will become my best friend for quite awhile. Stay safe all. Blessings.

3 Likes
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

oh, mary, stay bundled!

my friend near chicago says it's 11f. a friend in canada says it is minus 10 c there. cold most places.

3 Likes
SwissZahlerArt
Community Curator

Jump to solution

My husband says, "Edison, don't die."  One of my sons says, "He died centuries ago."  Well, my husband means electricity, please don't fail during this weather.

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

gerri, it fixed after about half a day.

2 Likes

Betreff: Nothing in Particular Thread

Jump to solution

Hello. I have a question for the americans. English is not my first language and I am not very familiar with some conversation meanings. I have a customer asking me for doing a piece and she wrote that I should do ASAP! (it is not really urgent for an upcomming event, she just want to have it made soon) For me it sounds rude, I feel like a donkey making hurry on. The wrote that twice. I am not sure what to do. I have some orders ahead and take much time and care for for every piece I build. Am I too sensitive, should I just ignore this and take my time as usual or should I say that this does not correspond to my way of working. Thanks for answering. Andrea

1 Like
vlmkpyae
Community Curator

Jump to solution

andrea, i'd say tell them you would love to hurry and get started but there are already other buyers in the queue and you can't rush any of those orders so hopefully they are not in a big rush or they will just not order. but be very overly polite so they can't complain. i hope that helps. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@Former_Member. She is asking to 'cut in line' ahead of others. We all know that is not acceptable. Of course, there are extenuating circumstances. But this doesn't sound like one. 

Agree with Sill. Explain there are others ahead of her and be extremely nice about it. She may be used to getting her own way in life. If you do cave and put her ahead of the line you chance your other buyers purchase will be late. Better to chance losing this sale than tick off your other buyers. Blessings.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PaperHeadPieces I don't think they meant to be rude, "ASAP" is commonly used, they might just be eager to receive their order =]  It's like when people write, they would end it by saying "Looking forward to your reply ASAP".

I would give them an idea of the time frame, around when the order will be sent out so they can confirm if they are happy to go ahead with the order. That way, they have an agreed schedule to go by so there will be no unreasonably or unrealistically hopeful expectation. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.